Patch notes discussion 2-10-2018 - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Patch notes discussion 2-10-2018

2>

Comments

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭

@Tehologist.5841 said:

@Ghos.1326 said:
    The change to Juggernaut would have been interesting if they would have kept the base might duration for each stack the same, but they lowered it.
    However, this also means that builds that focus on might durations/gaining might with flamethrower will see some synergy, though it will more than likely mean needing to go into tools/inventions for movement speed, or sacrifice movement speed entirely for a full might duration benefit. So all in all neutral change.

The base duration is the same 20% bonus applies to might generated by juggernaut as well so duration will be identical to what it was.

Base was lowered from 15 to 12. Please refer to the following description below:
    Juggernaut: This trait now increases the duration of all might applied to you by 20%, in addition to its previous effects. Baseline might duration applied by this trait has been reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• Tehologist.5841Tehologist.5841 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2018

The 20% bonus also gets applied to might from juggernaut, so the duration is about the same. 14.4 vs 15 seconds.

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭

Yes, but I was referring to base uptime staying the same, on top of the 20% bonus, that would have been an interesting change. it was a very very slight nerf though, due to the uptime of the might on juggernaut being lowers from 15-12, but the .6 seconds is barely noticeable so all in all, no change.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• Peutrifectus.4830Peutrifectus.4830 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

Interesting stuff.

Pistol trait looms useful in a condi build even when running shield. Would be nice to see it increase duration of egun 1-3 aswell

Sane with juggernaut. Good for might and stab whilst camping but buffs other sources of might so you are completely obliged to camp ft to benefit.

Hmmm... a hybrid p/s ft/egun comes to mind...

Chemical rounds, juggernaut, hgh...

****scurries off the the laboritory*****

Sparkr's Wonderful World of Engineering - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEONFRaJV2u2f12ytXEir9A

• To add. Juggernaut doesn't appear to be altering might duration on the tool tips. E.g.. If I pick hgh and equip elixirs, the might duration shown on the tool tips is the same before and after selecting juggernaut...

Sparkr's Wonderful World of Engineering - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEONFRaJV2u2f12ytXEir9A

• Overshield isn’t changing protection to 40% damage reduction on tooltips. Has anyone tested to see if it’s actually reducing 40% instead of 33%?

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:
    Overshield isn’t changing protection to 40% damage reduction on tooltips. Has anyone tested to see if it’s actually reducing 40% instead of 33%?

I've noticed that the tooltip displays wrong as well, but I have no idea how you would test this.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• @Vagrant.7206 said:

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:
    Overshield isn’t changing protection to 40% damage reduction on tooltips. Has anyone tested to see if it’s actually reducing 40% instead of 33%?

I've noticed that the tooltip displays wrong as well, but I have no idea how you would test this.

One approach that came to my mind:
    You could go to PvP/Guild-Arena with a buddy with slow attack rate (for example necro staff-1), so you can count the attacks. Take 10 hits without protection, 10 with protection (for example from hard light arena) without trait and 10 with traited protection. The averages (from combat log) should be pretty stable.
    Also removing amulet/runes to reduce critchance and removing traits to avoid non-constant damage reduction/increase.

• Jaruselka.5943Jaruselka.5943 Member ✭✭✭

Hmmm..pistols are still garbage..

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jaruselka.5943 said:
    Hmmm..pistols are still garbage..

Yeah, none of the changes made pistols spectacular. They improve condi engineer builds slightly by making them a tad more bursty, but none of it is a significant change.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• Lunateric.3708Lunateric.3708 Member ✭✭✭✭

After all is said and done I think it was an overall positive patch for us but very little changed. Condition builds do slightly more damage, support builds revolving around Overshield do their job a bit better.

The biggest loser is power Holo in PvE since both power Soulbeast and power DH completely overshadow its burst and don't have to deal with self damage. Orbital Strikes is still bad.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.