Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED]

So I've been playing for a while, and suddenly today I have huge lag spikes (slideshow level) whenever I turn (move the mouse). If I stay facing a single direction, im mostly fine, but while playing a mirage mesmer, you sorta gotta be mobile.

I'm currently in England, playing on Borlis Pass (thinking of moving to a euro server, but that can't be the cause of this issue because i've been okay so far and been doing this for months now). I usually run about 60-80 fps in the zone im in (Harathi), but suddenly turning makes me drop down to 10-20 fps. I tried running the repair on it, but it keeps crashing, so looking for alternative approaches to fixing it. Was there an update recently that's causing this? Or something else?

It probably won't help anybody here, but I found another cause of lag recently and that is the Windows 10 Feature of having multiple desktops. Windows + Tab, check the top left corner if you only have 1 window showing up there. I must have accidentally created another one at some point and it caused my severe FPS issues until a couple weeks ago where I discovered it.

• 1 month later...

I do not understand what happened to gw2? My computer became much stronger (i7-7700, 1050ti, ssd, 8gb), but lags appeared. FPS drops to 7-9 frames per second, and then increases again. I reinstalled the driver, set the settings to a minimum, but the FPS drops from 60 to 7, and then grows again. What happened to the optimization? Help!The game began to hang with alt + tab, only a full restart helpsMy region - Russia, bursts start immediately after client installation (I returned to the game after 3 years break)

Im having hard ping issue too. But on mostly all maps, included PvP maps.Im having from 400 to 900 ping when i used to have 150/200 ar max.Its the only game i having ping(i mean, i double and triple checked its not my conection)Any idea what could be?

I dont want to sound like a bad person but i feel a bit of relief someone is also having same issue

I am not currently playing GW2 a lot, but have massive issues at the moment when connecting to NA servers from EU to play MS2. So I checked my GW2 accounts (EU and NA) and I'm seeing pretty much the same picture. Servers for both games are running on AmazonAWS and it seems that connections from EU to servers in NA suffer from major latency issues at the moment. Around +200ms higher ping than usual plus lag spikes of more than 3000 ms every now and then.

Since latest season episode came out this game is unplayable! Freezes, black screen, ping, now even in Raids, every 2-3 minutes! Maybe Gw2 needs better PC, but 6 months ago I played pretty good, had no problems, even in WvW.Anet fucked up something very very badly! I just watch the Raid lfg and 60% fewer ppl on it, that means lots of people can't play this game anymore, or won't play it it's so fucked up atm!

I've been playing almost every day for the past 2 months. From Australia so ping is usually at 280ms on NA servers. Its been at 350ms for about the past 2 weeks. In WvW it's become impossible to play when big fights are happening because the ping will go to 3-5k just getting close to the fight. In the last two or three days, however, I can't even play anymore. I can log into the game, select character and load any map. Once in it kills the game within 10 seconds. (TC Server, not sure if it matters)

Getting the WvW itch real bad...I'm having withdrawals

It's been a rollercoaster for me as well. Granted, my connection is pretty darn good compared to most and I am relatively close to the servers. My normal ping for over 4+ years of playing this game is between 40-60. Over this last week, it's beeen anywhere from 80-170, with sudden spikes to 400-500.

Reporting from the Middle East. I play on NA servers and since the last patch, latency has been crazy.Certain sPvP games are totally unplayable while certain maps in PvE are also terribly laggy. The worst part is- it is not consistent. I cannot predict which game will go good or which one will be an absolute mess.

What is the solution?

I changed my client settings a bit and reset it almost back to default, but the only change that seems to have affected this on that regards is removing admin rights from the client (I had added it years ago). This somehow helped lower the ping from 100-150 to 70-80. But it was still spiking randomly.A friend suggested making the client high priority under task manager, so I did and surprisingly, this stopped the spikes.I'll report later if this holds.