I can not activate the gem code

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did face the same problem when I was trying to redeem, basically it will work, just make sure you have not added any accidentally space before or after the code.,and it takes few seconds for me for that Redeem button to appear. After pasting the code, redeem button will not immediately pop up but takes few seconds (few can be more than 10-15 seconds).

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks,

If you're having trouble using a serial code or a gem card code, please reach out to the Customer Support Team and give them information about what you're attempting to do, and provide them (via private support e-mail) with the code you're trying to use. They can then review the issue. Please use "Purchase / Billing" as the option, so the ticket goes to the proper person as efficiently as possible.

@spyglys.4793 said:So this is not an issue that is ongoing, it's individual cases?

It appears to be totally broken for me, when u enter the redeem code page it should auto select the language when u first go in or if it doesn't it should let you select it (top right corner) none of that is working , until it does you won't be able to redeem any codes, it's either been disabled or somethings broken.

@Rolacka.2814 said:

@spyglys.4793 said:So this is not an issue that is ongoing, it's individual cases?

It appears to be totally broken for me, when u enter the redeem code page it should auto select the language when u first go in or if it doesn't it should let you select it (top right corner) none of that is working , until it does you won't be able to redeem any codes, it's either been disabled or somethings broken.

It is the same for me sadly, cannot select language or anything

• ArenaNet Staff

I will check with CS about the question you've asked. I didn't realize this started for each of you with a language selection -- that is an interesting angle to this. I'll get back to you when I learn more.

I want to be sure I understand you. Are you purchasing gem cards external to the game? And then are attempting to redeem those codes using the website, where you find you cannot do so?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I will check with CS about the question you've asked. I didn't realize this started for each of you with a language selection -- that is an interesting angle to this. I'll get back to you when I learn more.

I want to be sure I understand you. Are you purchasing gem cards external to the game? And then are attempting to redeem those codes using the website, where you find you cannot do so?

External gem codes, trying to redeem via in game gem store redeem button

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I will check with CS about the question you've asked. I didn't realize this started for each of you with a language selection -- that is an interesting angle to this. I'll get back to you when I learn more.

Yes, it's external code.I asked my friend to check if the issue appears also on her account, and she has the same problem. When we choose 'redeem code' and window pops up there is no language to choose from, after entering code redeem button is still grey and inactive.We also followed all the steps from the help page.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Are you following the steps on this page: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230890448

If you are, and you cannot redeem your gem cards (purchased external to the game) then please submit a ticket so we can figure out what's going on.

Thank you!

Yes, I do all the steps on the site, and nothing works in the game.In which section of the help to send a letter with the code?

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:To submit a support ticket, click Support at the top of this page, choose "Submit a Ticket" in the upper right, then choose "Purchase / Billing" as the reason for the contact.

How long to wait for a solution? Because the action in the BLTC will end soon ...

• ArenaNet Staff

@Mobilk.3850 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:To submit a support ticket, click Support at the top of this page, choose "Submit a Ticket" in the upper right, then choose "Purchase / Billing" as the reason for the contact.

How long to wait for a solution? Because the action in the BLTC will end soon ...

Fair question. From what I learned this morning, the turnaround is running about 1.5 days, but that is very dependent on what kind of issue is involved. If you miss the opportunity to purchase something that is on a limited offer in the Gem Store, you should include that info in your ticket to get advice from CS about it.

Same issue, I received cards as birthday gifts this weekend and the language is blank and can not be clicked, and redeem is greyed out when trying to enter any code. I have submitted a ticket, hopefully a resolution soon if there is an underlying problem!