I can not activate the gem code

My friend is experiencing the same issue with the Gem card he has. I also tried making purchases using my credit/debit card and also my PayPal account, I cannot make any purchases, he cannot redeem his code. My guess would be a total system outage in terms of their payment processing servers.

"the turnaround is running about 1.5 days"

Seriously? Lmao, all of the people here probably spent 25$+ a piece, I'm trying to spend a ton of money too. Ya'll seriously can't have a faster ticket response time? Not even give people the option to have a chat support? You'd think for a developer of a long-standing game, you wouldn't have such a stupidly archaic support structure for your playerbase, especially when most of us have given you business for well over a decade. Calling this lackluster would be an understatement. Really disappointed with that response.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner also had this same issue earlier tonight. We tried to redeem his code on both our accounts and PCs, but nada. The 'Redeem Code' button is greyed out and unable to be activated, and also the 'Select a language' dropdown does nothing. He has submitted a support ticket but hopefully this can be resolved soon.

@Zero Soul.4523 said:I just spent a $$$$ ton of money on cards and now I can't use them ? This is a bit frustrating. Anet could at least comment on this and say WHAT happen !

I'm really sorry you're stuck waiting. The best thing you can do to speed up the process is to create a support ticket. It's possible that it's something specifically affecting only a few people, and they won't be able to figure out what until they have data from some of those affected. It's possible it's a series of coincidences affecting people differently, so again, they need to know your specific situation.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Zero Soul.4523 said:I just spent a $$$$ ton of money on cards and now I can't use them ? This is a bit frustrating. Anet could at least comment on this and say WHAT happen !

I'm really sorry you're stuck waiting. The best thing you can do to speed up the process is to create a support ticket. It's possible that it's something specifically affecting only a few people, and they won't be able to figure out what until they have data from some of those affected. It's possible it's a series of coincidences affecting people differently, so again, they need to know your specific situation.

It seems like you didn't even read the thread. It would be a sporadic issue if nobody replied. We have 20+ people who replied who are probably all in different areas, I highly doubt it's a local problem.

I tried to get a couple friend to see if they could do it (one in Europe, one on NA) and they both have the exact same issues - the redeem button won't allow them to redeem it and the language option won't allow them to select a language. I don't think the problem is specific to only a handful of random people.

First I created a ticket with anet, then I came here.

@Dibbiest.8259 said:

It seems like you didn't even read the thread. It would be a sporadic issue if nobody replied. We have 20+ people who replied who are probably all in different areas, I highly doubt it's a local problem.

I just went and counted and it's 14, including those after you. You counted posts, not people. Considering the number of people playing the game, 14 is a very low number. And the answer actually is the best. Nothing said it was a sporadic issue. That they need the data for everyone affected to see what the issue is.

For all you know everyone bought from the same source and it turns out it's all a 3rd party site that actually used a stolen card to buy the gem cards and resold them. You don't know. But submitted a ticket is how you will get help. It's going to be very rare if Gaile can come back to this post, and it's not even her job. They don't man these boards for help. Tickets are for help.

@svanxx.3420 said:I'm having this same issue as everyone else. I also know another friend that is having the same issue.

Hi, I'm the friend. And yes, same issue. Greyed out, not even a language in the language box is selected or selectable. That right there tells me the origin of the code won't matter. Who cares why the car won't start if you can't even get the doors unlocked.

@Ellieanna.5027 said:

I just went and counted and it's 14, including those after you. You counted posts, not people. Considering the number of people playing the game, 14 is a very low number. And the answer actually is the best. Nothing said it was a sporadic issue. That they need the data for everyone affected to see what the issue is.

For all you know everyone bought from the same source and it turns out it's all a 3rd party site that actually used a stolen card to buy the gem cards and resold them. You don't know. But submitted a ticket is how you will get help. It's going to be very rare if Gaile can come back to this post, and it's not even her job. They don't man these boards for help. Tickets are for help.

Mine was bought off Amazon, so maybe that's part of the problem.

@smoker.6731 said:I did face the same problem when I was trying to redeem, basically it will work, just make sure you have not added any accidentally space before or after the code.,and it takes few seconds for me for that Redeem button to appear. After pasting the code, redeem button will not immediately pop up but takes few seconds (few can be more than 10-15 seconds).

I'm glad it worked for you after a bit but I was not so lucky and neither was a friend of mine ..So either something else went wrong or you got lucky...I'm not gonna try to put them in until I see that the language is English in the top right corner cuz that is how I'm gonna know that it got fixed...

@svanxx.3420 said:

Mine was bought off Amazon, so maybe that's part of the problem.

Grima Wormtongue .1582 here . The cards I and my friend get have always worked and been from a reliable source , so in our case I don't think it was a stolen / resold card.

So my friend and I got our Gem Cards from Game Stop like we always have and have never ever had any problems . So I know it isn't a stolen/resold card. We redeemed cards not even 4 days ago and everything was just fine . So I know it isn't the cards or where I get them. The upper right corner of the redeem window where the language should be listed is totally blank and you can't select any language either . When my friend and I typed in our codes , the redeem button didn't even light up . Everything was inactive on the redeem window. It is very frustrating for my friend and I as we were really eager to use our gems in the store. I saw a post earlier from Gaile Gray.6029 ArenaNet › said "and provide them (via private support e-mail) with the code you're trying to use" at one point in her post. My issue is that I want to be able to redeem the code and once the code is active anyone who knows it can simply type it in and use it for themselves and I am loathed to do that . All it has done for me is what I said in the beginning of my post . Never had a problem before , so I doubt my gem card code is the problem which is why I am declining to provide it , because I know the problem has nothing to do with the gem cards I purchased.

I had the same issue with some of my Gem codes, what I did was open the redeem window, wait, wait, wait, then select the language, wait again, wait, wait, then type in the code and wait again, then finally try to redeem it. For some of my codes this worked, except for one.

Same concern here: bought two keys, cannot redeem them, cannot select the language option. No amount of waiting improves anything. Bought keys from CDKeys before and had no problems at all, so this is most probably a game issue. However, since we bought the keys from a third party, will the GW2 support team assist us in sorting the problem out?

Same issue here, did 3 days ago redeem some codes, yesterday and today it is not possible, no language is possible to select and Redeem button is not possible no matter the waiting or writing things before/after code and so on.Does not matter if I run 32 or 64bit client and any other things I have tried.