Looking for an artist [gold commissions] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Looking for an artist [gold commissions]

Arya.3841Arya.3841 Member ✭✭
edited September 17, 2018 in Community Creations

Hello artist friends,

Today I've a special request for anyone with a talent. I'm looking for someone to do 2 drawings for a gift card.

Drawing :

• Draw a jack-a-lop and a teddy bear in friendly situation. Probably add some texts too but I'll provide it.
  • One character (human)
    (Drawings don't need background)

Deadline is : end of october (around 6 weeks to draw it).
Price : 600 golds in game (Guild Wars 2) (EU server)

What I'm looking for is : an artist able to work/communicate with me. By this, I mean, I'll send my objective, what I was thinking of (only as a guideline for you). And I just hope the artist can put me in the loop by giving me feedback at each phase and show me the progress.
My only scare is : a drawing which is as far as possible from what I'm looking for and lot of efforts wasted for the artist. I'm not going to say to anyone how the jackalop must smile or anything like this.

If you are interested, please send me a private mail on this forum and I'll send you the details :)

Apologies for my english, not my mother tongue.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hmm this sounds interesting. Sadly I draw without any digital stuff but instead doing it the "oldschool way" and so I can't send any copies of it. Haven't drawn anything gw2 related in a long time now since I'm more focused on making music and drawing concepts for the stories of my musical projects. But I know quite a few who could help out with drawing something in your request. I'll tell my other artist friends about this and maybe they can help. Overall I wish you good luck with your finding and I hope you have a nice day :)

Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters
    he/him
    You can call me Hunter

• Arya.3841Arya.3841 Member ✭✭
    edited September 19, 2018

Too bad indeed. Did you scan your art ? Would love to see it. I used to draw but with a broken hand and elbow... I don't do anything good anymore. And I don't have the patience to learn again every movement with my arm again.

Well if your friends are interested, they just have to send me a message, I don't bite. ;)

• I would be interested in trying.
    You can check a few of my sketches at https://www.artstation.com/athylia/profile
    They a bit old i hope you dont mind.

And you can contact me through discord at: Athylia#1816
    Ill be contactable most of the time unless im asleep or focused at work.

• Theramaguc.5817Theramaguc.5817 Member
    edited October 10, 2018

If you're still looking for someone I've got some free time and a love of digital art. You can find examples of my stuff at https://www.instagram.com/emzwatters/. My discord is EmmaH20#8501, but I don't check it all that often so maybe send me an email at [email protected] to kick off a convo if you're interested.

• I bet you'll have a lot of offers of help, Arya. It sounds like a very fun project, and I'd love to see it when it comes together. :)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Arya.3841Arya.3841 Member ✭✭

Hey Theramaguc, thanks for the offer. I found an artist. In fact, I found more than one. We found a bit more golds to spend and now we're following their amazing work. Everything should be ready for December which is really cool.
    But I appreciate your offer. :)

@Gaile : duly noted. ;)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.