Thanks for Scale Dragon Wings pack! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Thanks for Scale Dragon Wings pack!

It looks Amazing and have a very nice animation too Thanks A-net!

Comments

  • I like the way that the back item reacts when you jump. Good work, guys!

    @Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

  • Was waiting for such a post so I could +1

  • I actually was going to put up a thread for a review on this item, but yay there's a thread on them already.

    Just a heads up before anyone purchases these, definitely check out dulfy's preview on the regular backpack cover while running. Imo, it looks absolutely horrible. I bought them before watching the video, and I honestly really regret it. They're so big and the folded part on the wings just stick to your back like a giant awkward wet paper bag.

    Everything else with them looks great - jump animation, transition to glide / gliding animation is smooth, and backing up animation is even nice and subtle. However... just running around, they seriously look stagnant is just really low quality.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I haven't bought them yet because I'm not sure which character/s I'd use them on, but I do really like them. I think they're a great addition, not too similar to the wings we already have and I really like the shape and the detail.

    "Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

  • Uon.7491Uon.7491 Member ✭✭

    I'm not too sure if I am happy about my purchase They do look lovely on their own, but it's difficult to match them to anything and prevent them from looking like they've been glued on. I was hoping for something that looked like a natural extension of the character.

    Would anybody happen to have screenshots of their characters wearing the wings? I'd love to see them.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2018

    The release of these gliders+backpack sets are always a good reminder that they need to reupload the backpack system as dyeable.
    They dont have to immediatly make all items actually dyeable, many armor items like the radiant and hellfire have no dye slots either.
    They can make the system,add the important backpacks first, and slowly update the system until most are in.

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • MokahTGS.7850MokahTGS.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    They don't look like you can dye them...that's likely why they look like they are glued on. If you can't dye them, that will keep me from buying them. Always add dye channels, ANet.

  • TheUndefined.1720TheUndefined.1720 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2018

    @Uon.7491 said:
    I'm not too sure if I am happy about my purchase They do look lovely on their own, but it's difficult to match them to anything and prevent them from looking like they've been glued on. I was hoping for something that looked like a natural extension of the character.

    Would anybody happen to have screenshots of their characters wearing the wings? I'd love to see them.

    I posted a link in my previous post showing video and pictures. If you don't want the glued on look, do NOT purchase the backpack. I hid mine b/c it looks so bad while running. You can't see your character's arms or torso movement, just those giant static wings with NO animation besides the very bottom tips slightly swaying. Honestly, had I seen the video of the character running, I wouldn't have purchased.

    [EDIT] Just another quick note, the wings are NOT totally black, they're a bluish / lighter grey black. I know it's really apparent in the preview, but I thought maybe it was just a lighting issue. Compared to the largos wings which are black, these range from a grey to blue black

  • Uon.7491Uon.7491 Member ✭✭

    @TheUndefined.1720 said:
    I posted a link in my previous post showing video and pictures. If you don't want the glued on look, do NOT purchase the backpack. I hid mine b/c it looks so bad while running. You can't see your character's arms or torso movement, just those giant static wings with NO animation besides the very bottom tips slightly swaying. Honestly, had I seen the video of the character running, I wouldn't have purchased.

    Sadly, I had already purchased them. I am trying to make the best of what I have, and hoping that people share what works. However, it would have been nice if the wings pulled back whilst sprinting. The jump animation is fantastic, but as you mentioned: too bad about the lack of run animation. #BuyersRegret

  • Ow... Gotta watch the video... Was ready to buy it, but after what u guys are saying abt the running animation...

  • sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭

    I only wish you could dye the back piece to match the dyed glider.

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭

    “Night shade” should have at least been Black.

  • @Uon.7491 said:

    @TheUndefined.1720 said:
    I posted a link in my previous post showing video and pictures. If you don't want the glued on look, do NOT purchase the backpack. I hid mine b/c it looks so bad while running. You can't see your character's arms or torso movement, just those giant static wings with NO animation besides the very bottom tips slightly swaying. Honestly, had I seen the video of the character running, I wouldn't have purchased.

    Sadly, I had already purchased them. I am trying to make the best of what I have, and hoping that people share what works. However, it would have been nice if the wings pulled back whilst sprinting. The jump animation is fantastic, but as you mentioned: too bad about the lack of run animation. #BuyersRegret

    Oh geez, sorry. I had read that but still thought for some reason you didn't. I don't want to waste my one return on something like that, but boy was I tempted. Like you said, the animation is so nice! They really hit it out of the ballpark with everything except the running animation. Unfortunately, that run animation is such a huge negative. I didn't mean to take over this thank you thread with criticism, but I really want to try to get the word out to save people a little money.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I really like it. The animations fit my character really well. Worth sacrificing all my gold for

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.