Roaming this week will be random? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Roaming this week will be random?

2>

Comments

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    Ah, thank the wiki! It was both.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-01#WvW

    " Closed a number of exploits that inappropriately allowed access to keeps.
    Orbs of power have been removed from WvW to address hacking and balance issues. They tended to strengthen teams already in the lead and were irresistible targets for hackers and cheaters, both of which could have an unfortunately large impact on any given WvW game. Orbs or some similar mechanic may return in the future, but only if we're confident that they won't create similar issues."

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Chaba.5410 said:
    Ah, thank the wiki! It was both.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-01#WvW

    " Closed a number of exploits that inappropriately allowed access to keeps.
    Orbs of power have been removed from WvW to address hacking and balance issues. They tended to strengthen teams already in the lead and were irresistible targets for hackers and cheaters, both of which could have an unfortunately large impact on any given WvW game. Orbs or some similar mechanic may return in the future, but only if we're confident that they won't create similar issues."

    Which is also why they will never come back, we already got the "similar mechanic" ie the bloodlust caps. Plus Anet quietly wiped the last traces of the orb system from ABL long ago and the second attempt at something more focused like the orbs ended in just as big a disaster that had to be replaced by the DBL bloodlust cap because otherwise it made DBL lag like crazy.

  • @FaboBabo.3581 said:

    @Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:
    (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )
    Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..
    seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

    event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

    (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

    How was no down?
    Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

    well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

    but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

    (forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

    wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

  • FaboBabo.3581FaboBabo.3581 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:

    @Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:
    (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )
    Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..
    seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

    event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

    (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

    How was no down?
    Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

    well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

    but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

    (forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

    wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

    downstate is a pain if i'm vs 3+.
    i cant stomp or cleave - the others 2 can res too fast. I could down any of them 99 times , without getting a real kill.
    Which means it's effectievly meaningless how good i am - as soon as i am vs more then 3 it's impossible to get a kill.

    Mirage since Day 1 - It got better!

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:

    @Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:

    @Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:
    (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )
    Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..
    seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

    event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

    (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

    How was no down?
    Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

    well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

    but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

    (forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

    wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

    downstate is a pain if i'm vs 3+.
    i cant stomp or cleave - the others 2 can res too fast. I could down any of them 99 times , without getting a real kill.
    Which means it's effectievly meaningless how good i am - as soon as i am vs more then 3 it's impossible to get a kill.

    Its already meaningless if you go 1v3 and win. None of them could have been very good.

    The challenge in WvW isnt your skill, its getting reinforcements in time.

  • FaboBabo.3581FaboBabo.3581 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:

    @Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:

    @Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

    @FaboBabo.3581 said:
    (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )
    Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..
    seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

    event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

    (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

    How was no down?
    Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

    well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

    but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

    (forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

    wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

    downstate is a pain if i'm vs 3+.
    i cant stomp or cleave - the others 2 can res too fast. I could down any of them 99 times , without getting a real kill.
    Which means it's effectievly meaningless how good i am - as soon as i am vs more then 3 it's impossible to get a kill.

    Its already meaningless if you go 1v3 and win. None of them could have been very good.

    The challenge in WvW isnt your skill, its getting reinforcements in time.

    I want my bags :D

    Mirage since Day 1 - It got better!

  • bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭

    okay so.. did I miss something? I barely feel a difference. my stats are the same as always.. enemies are basically no stronger than they were before...??

    or maybe I'm just too good at my class to notice who knows

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

    @googel.3278 said:

    @Vrath.1754 said:
    It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

    There will be some great 1 shot montage videos on YouTube that should really encourage new or players looking into the game to want to WvW.
    It's a bit like when ESO created the gear proc meta, these companies dont seem to really understand what people tend to enjoy about the content.

    Devs playing WvW? I would hunt them down til the end of time! Lets see if they like these updates!

    We play on stream every week at 2:30 PM PDT. Come get us.

    On what server? I would love if you would come to Blackgate.

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

  • @Hitman.5829 said:

    @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

    @googel.3278 said:

    @Vrath.1754 said:
    It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

    There will be some great 1 shot montage videos on YouTube that should really encourage new or players looking into the game to want to WvW.
    It's a bit like when ESO created the gear proc meta, these companies dont seem to really understand what people tend to enjoy about the content.

    Devs playing WvW? I would hunt them down til the end of time! Lets see if they like these updates!

    We play on stream every week at 2:30 PM PDT. Come get us.

    On what server? I would love if you would come to Blackgate.

    I believe we're on Borliss pass this week.

    Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer
    Reddit: ANET_BenP
    Twitch: AnetBenP

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.