Roaming this week will be random? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Roaming this week will be random?

whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't know how much about zerg fights, but now roaming seems pretty stupid, I had the 30% bloodlust bonus on my full zerk spellbreaker and I won a 1v4 landing 10k full counters.

Opposite case casual encounters 1vs1, if the enemy got the buff and you not, 90% he wins and you lose even if he is a worse player than you.

Seems completely the opposite of downed state where the skillful gameplay was promoted, now who got the higher bloodlust wins.

Can't wait to see those 50-60k rapid fires or malicious backstabs.

What do you guys think as first impact?

Tagged:

Comments

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

Enjoy your week...

Fàther - Create a mount then kill it until it's more useless than PvE. "Smart"
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Solution: Capture ruins and make your team win. You can solo it, gogogo

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

There will be some great 1 shot montage videos on YouTube that should really encourage new or players looking into the game to want to WvW.
    It's a bit like when ESO created the gear proc meta, these companies dont seem to really understand what people tend to enjoy about the content.

edited September 28, 2018

@Vrath.1754 said:
    It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

There will be some great 1 shot montage videos on YouTube that should really encourage new or players looking into the game to want to WvW.
    It's a bit like when ESO created the gear proc meta, these companies dont seem to really understand what people tend to enjoy about the content.

The devs are playing. in fact, they are live right now on

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@whoknocks.4935 said:
    I don't know how much about zerg fights, but now roaming seems pretty stupid, I had the 30% bloodlust bonus on my full zerk spellbreaker and I won a 1v4 landing 10k full counters.

Opposite case casual encounters 1vs1, if the enemy got the buff and you not, 90% he wins and you lose even if he is a worse player than you.

Seems completely the opposite of downed state where the skillful gameplay was promoted, now who got the higher bloodlust wins.

Uh, as opposed to whatever group frontloaded the most damage to down people first win during no downed state week?

No. This is exactly the same. If you liked no downed state, deal with it.

Personally I dislike it for the exact same reason bloodlust was nerfed in the first place.

• Expect more DE bs than usual...

• whoknocks.4935whoknocks.4935 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Uh, as opposed to whatever group frontloaded the most damage to down people first win during no downed state week?

No. This is exactly the same. If you liked no downed state, deal with it.

Personally I dislike it for the exact same reason bloodlust was nerfed in the first place.

In the week of no downed state a good small coordinated group could take down a much larger one without "garbage" players being ressed by rally bots, I myself won so many 1vs2s during that week, because alone sometimes it's just Im possible to stomp or cleave when you are outnumbered.

But now even a bad player with the buff can kill you in 1vs1.

Myself personally not being that strong player i easily won a 1vs4 against normal players which I didn't deserve to win at all because i had the 30% buff and them nothing.

@whoknocks.4935 said:
    But now even a bad player with the buff can kill you in 1vs1.

It doesnt magically make bad players better players even with the stat boost. If you are fighting 1v1 so close that even a bad player could have killed you with a little stat boost... yeah... people argued l2p during no downed week too. The. Exact. Same. Thing.

• The 30% boost affects your defensive stats too. Toughness vitality healing. Just stack more of those this week to reduce the damage.

• Ferus.3165Ferus.3165 Member ✭✭✭

bad server linking so our maps are almost always outnumbered, even 2 hour after reset... one double server has permanently all three ruin buffs and far more people... you can imagine what is going to happen. I will sit this week out.

• googel.3278googel.3278 Member ✭✭✭

@Vrath.1754 said:
    It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

Devs playing WvW? I would hunt them down til the end of time! Lets see if they like these updates!

• GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't roaming already random or did I miss something?

D:

Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

• It's going to be a longggg week for Piken Square.

Love it.

Alliances were announced on the 2nd of February 2018

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2018

Was a surprise to see this, and even more surprise to see the insane stat boosts if getting 2 bl. Maybe they could have done 5/10/20% rather than 5/15/30%. If a server is dominating and manages to hold all three it's an insane advantage, player for player. We got the 15% for a short time and was satisfying to see the ridiculous stat boosts on the equipment screen. But it's ok, being on a losing server this time so barely getting the 5% or nothing. :/ Still, didn't have a problem going 0 or 5% against players with the 15%, although haven't yet gone against the 30% which may be excessive - dunno haven't had the experience to judge.

Seemed to be pulling more fights and action around ruins which is fun.

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• The disparity between the stats, between your own and an enemy's, is irksome so far. If your server is not currently able to hold a bloodlust from the standpoint of numbers, then you end up facing enemies with a 15% or 30% buff to all their stats while your own are as if there is no event taking place. The end result is that you do less damage to enemies (they have 15%/30% more toughness and vitality) while taking more damage yourself due to their boosted damage stats, including stats like ferocity that are typically unaffected by bloodlust.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Oh forgot this was suppose to be this week.
    /grabs popcorn
    Make some good stories this week gais.

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's more or less like NDS week, just enjoy it guys - make all your montage videos while you can XD

• Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018

It's only for a week. And it's something different. Game mode is stale so it's great to have a change even if it wrecks gameplay.

Plus it gives the devs info on possible changes in the future. Hope they do more of these. Would be nice if they didn't reward the bandwagoners all the time though.

So far I really like it. Roamers are more important than ever. If you have a small part of your group dedicated to capping ruins all the time you can effectively manage where your enemy is going while you take their stuff elsewhere

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@googel.3278 said:

@Vrath.1754 said:

Devs playing WvW? I would hunt them down til the end of time! Lets see if they like these updates!

We play on stream every week at 2:30 PM PDT. Come get us.

Make sure you're tagged up so you can easily be targeted, lol. Have fun too...

Fàther - Create a mount then kill it until it's more useless than PvE. "Smart"
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• @Blocki.4931 said:

but you can't solo it :\

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

Agreed. The bloodlust nodes are so long ignored that they're almost.. undiscovered territory? It's a significant cultural shift to as a roamer think that this is where you should roam now.

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• I got a ton of fights in the ruins last night... until a certain server started putting 3-5 on every single ruin.

@nativity.3057 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Some refined movement and you can

• Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2018

@dawsm.5398 said:
    Yeah. I already commented that I thought this was an idiotic event, but I gave this kitten a chance. This event is a kitten-show for servers who are outmatched population wise. What could at times be mildly fun in the beginning due to the greater roaming action in the ruins, is now being vastly overshadowed by groups of 15 - 20 constantly capping and re-capping. The green server for my current match fields far more numbers than red -or- blue, and is camping every ruins circle on every borderland map. So, not only is my team (and the other enemy team, honestly) at a population disadvantage, at the moment we're at a constant and significant stat disadvantage to boot.

Yeah, thanks for this tripe ANet. Way to put something in that really rubs the population-have-nots noses in it. -_- Time to find something else to do for a week.

Pretty much.

I like the event idea but his one is a bust. It only favors ANET's beloved overstacked servers.

"IF" ANET ever gets a handle on population balance, then something like this might be cool. But until then (2020?) a huge buff to outmanned would make more sense, and be more fun.

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

Great, but doesn't work if you are on the server with the fewest people.

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

Great, but doesn't work if you are on the server with the fewest people.

• @Blocki.4931 said:

@nativity.3057 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Some refined movement and you can

You need to maintain 3 points to cap bloodlust. Impossible on DBL due to map size. You can maintain possibly 2 in ABL with some Nike warrior build, but 3 is a near impossible task.

• Marcel.1857Marcel.1857 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2, 2018

WoW today i had the fun to fight vs the 30% Buff lol is that op. With a cele necro nearly 100% crit and a hell of sustain gg

• FaboBabo.3581FaboBabo.3581 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2018

(didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )
    Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..
    seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

Mirage since Day 1 - It got better!

• @FaboBabo.3581 said:
    (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

(last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

How was no down?
    Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

• zionophir.6845zionophir.6845 Member ✭✭✭

@whoknocks.4935 said:

I do just 4.5K max with full zerker red gears on my full counter. you must be fake news or some sh1tty garbage software user.

@zionophir.6845 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:

I do just 4.5K max with full zerker red gears on my full counter. you must be fake news or some sh1tty garbage software user.

I have seen full counter do up to 12k damage... before the event.

• Not sure how some people equate this to no DS week, as no DS rewarded skilled play and gave an advantage to those with higher skill and an actual chance vs larger groups. This feeds the reverse, the team that has more people to hold more ruins gets bigger bonus, it is also a stat boost, giving an advantage to ONE side, no DS everyone had the same ability. Now, if everyone got a 30% stat gain for the week, you might be able to say it is like no DS, but even then, not really, as its just a stat creep at that point.

30% is huge, considering how close a fight can be vs someone of the same skill level, 30% is a absolute win vs someone of equal skill level. 30% vs someone not as good can push things in their favor, and fighting a class/build thats a hard counter to you, 30% will make that fight all of impossible.

Orbs of power were removed due to balance issues, as the larger server with the most coverage tended to be the ones able to hold them, making that server even stronger. This is much the same. I would have rather them just bring back orbs of power for the week, it's something that would be new to lots of people, and is something to do, vs standing in the same old ruins.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:
    Orbs of power were removed due to balance issues

Pretty sure Orbs of Power were removed due to hacking.

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

Ah, thank the wiki! It was both.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-01#WvW

" Closed a number of exploits that inappropriately allowed access to keeps.
    Orbs of power have been removed from WvW to address hacking and balance issues. They tended to strengthen teams already in the lead and were irresistible targets for hackers and cheaters, both of which could have an unfortunately large impact on any given WvW game. Orbs or some similar mechanic may return in the future, but only if we're confident that they won't create similar issues."

@Chaba.5410 said:
    Ah, thank the wiki! It was both.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-01#WvW

" Closed a number of exploits that inappropriately allowed access to keeps.
    Orbs of power have been removed from WvW to address hacking and balance issues. They tended to strengthen teams already in the lead and were irresistible targets for hackers and cheaters, both of which could have an unfortunately large impact on any given WvW game. Orbs or some similar mechanic may return in the future, but only if we're confident that they won't create similar issues."

Which is also why they will never come back, we already got the "similar mechanic" ie the bloodlust caps. Plus Anet quietly wiped the last traces of the orb system from ABL long ago and the second attempt at something more focused like the orbs ended in just as big a disaster that had to be replaced by the DBL bloodlust cap because otherwise it made DBL lag like crazy.

• @FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

How was no down?
    Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

(forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

How was no down?

well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

downstate is a pain if i'm vs 3+.
    i cant stomp or cleave - the others 2 can res too fast. I could down any of them 99 times , without getting a real kill.
    Which means it's effectievly meaningless how good i am - as soon as i am vs more then 3 it's impossible to get a kill.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

How was no down?

i cant stomp or cleave - the others 2 can res too fast. I could down any of them 99 times , without getting a real kill.
    Which means it's effectievly meaningless how good i am - as soon as i am vs more then 3 it's impossible to get a kill.

Its already meaningless if you go 1v3 and win. None of them could have been very good.

The challenge in WvW isnt your skill, its getting reinforcements in time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:
    15k Autohits ?????
    ITS AN AUTO

How was no down?

Its already meaningless if you go 1v3 and win. None of them could have been very good.

The challenge in WvW isnt your skill, its getting reinforcements in time.

I want my bags :D

• bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭

okay so.. did I miss something? I barely feel a difference. my stats are the same as always.. enemies are basically no stronger than they were before...??

or maybe I'm just too good at my class to notice who knows

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

@googel.3278 said:

@Vrath.1754 said:

On what server? I would love if you would come to Blackgate.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• @Hitman.5829 said:

@googel.3278 said:

@Vrath.1754 said:

On what server? I would love if you would come to Blackgate.

I believe we're on Borliss pass this week.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer
    Reddit: ANET_BenP
    Twitch: AnetBenP

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.