[Poll] Weapon for the next Necromancer Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

Hammer.Gravidigger theme (think Yorrick from LoL)Probably some heavy duty modification to summons, changes to amount of summons, their function, look (good opportunity for that), new summon skill, corpse consumption/generation resources? - or something in this direction.

Hammer / Shield.Crypt Lord theme.Damage absorption based mechanics, spirit armour, absorbing /generating souls to fuel tanking.

Sword.Vampire Count theme.No idea about the mechanics.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Swagg.9236 said:I don't see why you're asking for new weapons when almost all of the ones that Necro has right now are trash. If they add any more, it'd be best to just remove what already exists. Or just compact what little good rests in the Necro weapon line-up into 2-3 weapons that aren't hot garbage.

Pretty much this. Necro doesnt have any real good weapons. They are either fast and hit like a wet noodle or slow do great damage but easily avoided. Given how many weaknesses Necro has (ranged, CC, Sustain, Burst, mobility, stealth) Nothing can save necro. There is NO way the next spec will cover most (if any of these) weaknesses as it would make Base, Reaper and Scourge unused. These are issues EVERY necro spec seemingly MUST have :/

I would like a Pistol/Pistol Pure power based weapon or a defensive/bunker Hammer. likely wont get either :/

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Swagg.9236 said:I don't see why you're asking for new weapons when almost all of the ones that Necro has right now are trash. If they add any more, it'd be best to just remove what already exists. Or just compact what little good rests in the Necro weapon line-up into 2-3 weapons that aren't hot garbage.

Pretty much this. Necro doesnt have any real good weapons. They are either fast and hit like a wet noodle or slow do great damage but easily avoided. Given how many weaknesses Necro has (ranged, CC, Sustain, Burst, mobility, stealth) Nothing can save necro. There is NO way the next spec will cover most (if any of these) weaknesses as it would make Base, Reaper and Scourge unused. These are issues EVERY necro spec seemingly MUST have :/

I would like a Pistol/Pistol Pure power based weapon or a defensive/bunker Hammer. likely wont get either :/

You mean like scourge made reaper and core almost unused?

@"Nimon.7840" said:You mean like scourge made reaper and core almost unused?

Yeah, though that is for different reasons. That is because of the Power creep. Scourge doesnt actually fix or help with any of the hard counters that Necro suffer from, what it does bring however is more AoE conditions, Boon corrupt and such. Offensive better than the rest but all it really has for "defense" is the Barrier which is just as crap.

I went with hammer. I am thinking "the executioner". Large powerful but slow AOE damage. They could get access to glyphs which would be usable while in shroud and would change while in shroud. The weapon skills used while in shroud would be the same as the weapon skills but more powerful and on shorter cool downs.

Shield with support skills that are focused on bone walls and aura support for your minions. The unique mechanic takes a page out of the scourge's book by using life force to summon minions. The F5 skill will be your shroud which would be "shroud of horrors" which would redirect all damage you take to your minions for a short duration.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't matter because whatever it is necros will become gimped free kills who do less dps than everyone else because they are forced to have ridiculous aoe boon corrupts or whatever comes next, then it will be same thing all over again.

@"mikexg.7329" said:I went with hammer. I am thinking "the executioner". Large powerful but slow AOE damage. They could get access to glyphs which would be usable while in shroud and would change while in shroud. The weapon skills used while in shroud would be the same as the weapon skills but more powerful and on shorter cool downs.

No more ae slow attacks pls. We already have gs

• 3 months later...

And hammer for all !Mid range magic weapon (600 range for main skills, one TP 1200 range on #5). Symbol theme for new skills, from #6 to #10. Shadow form changed in something usefull , like a layer shield (i.e., X absorbed every Y seconds, eventually modified through traits).@make necro great at last ?Even if i personnally think they have already set something ultra crappy for next xpac, for necro. Some mysterious and over ludicrous elite spec, like marshmallow zombi commander, mummy frog master, or giant ape of darkness invoker.

I chose sword because in a previous post I mentioned that I would love to see a Necromancer specialization focused around harnessing the power of the Foefire. Thematically this would work because of the ritual involved with King Adelbern's sword creating it. I feel like a power/ mobility role would work, but the main type of skills would be spectral type. I feel like spectral skills could use more love and have lots of potential.

• 4 weeks later...

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Nosirah.1735 said:snip

Who said hammer can't be Condi?Look at rev hammer. It's a freaking ranged weapon.

We'll. I take soulless horror as a huge hint for us getting hammer next ;) if there will be another xpac

I was just going off archtypes. If the hammer created zones of condi through smashing the ground, that would be pretty rad. It's one of my favorite types of zone control.

fingers crossed :)

• 1 year later...