[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Two suggestions for the gem store

1st A skeleton skin thay would be able to wear your armour, clothes,mounts and emotes such as sitting on a chair. In this case the tonic would just be replacing your character skinnrather theb the whole outfit, giving players the option to roleplay as undead or awaken.

2nd I don't have the pof mount that constantly teleports but how awesome would a skin be that changes after every teleport? Maybe even go as far as to allow dying it to prefered colours to which it changes.

I curios what the community and arena net thinks about it.

I'd like a reduced difficulty version of the Raids because I continue to be interested in participating in the story content. I really don't care about the rewards that much. Why go to so much trouble to create an element that only a few elect can access? Shouldn't you share with all? Couldn't you scale back for a 5 man team like a Dungeon?

I would like to be able to keep the models in my home instance constant. I have this pretty little vendor I like to use, but though she is called the same thing, she looks completely different every time. I'm beginning to question my sanity. Couldn't we decorate our home instance with things the same way we do guild halls? Couldn't I have my lady wear a consistent outfit. All that dye job has to be terrible on her hair. I fear she may one day be bald.

I'd like to see some less human centric stories or content. Asura, Charr and Norn tend to be marginalized in the story development. They deserve a central theme once in a while. You did good developing the races, lets get something going there. What is the consequence of Charr raising their cubs like they are warriors from scratch? If Asura are constantly claiming intelligence what's the consequence on such narcissism on their society? What happens to the down and out Asura? Where is that dreaded Golem uprising we have been waiting on? As for the Norn they are constant glory hounds, but were forced to live together due to Jormag. Where is the evidence that their are new legends in their ranks? Any new statues or developments on the frontier with other Norn? How about the commander? No ice statue yet?

Small suggestion, to add Loot Count badge in loot section, which will show how many of same item you currently have in your bag ( current not-full item stack ).Sometime i wander around zones to gather some resources. And i have to open backpack now and then to keep track of how many resources i have gathered.Look at this Photoshop pic. Left is how it is now, right is my suggestion, showing how many Iron and other stuff i currently have in bag.C6wFbWR.png

@"phs.6089" said:How about a /home/ instance teleport scroll, hear me out. not the home city, directly into instance, regardless of toon's race(?)

I am not sure if you are aware of the home portal stone (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_Portal_Stone), or if you are requesting a change to that which will allow you to choose which home instance to port into.

If you do not have the portal stone, I highly recommend getting one. It will port you to the home instance in the city of the race you are playing and then back to the world where you started before traveling.

@"Amir.3461" said:Two suggestions for the gem store

1st A skeleton skin thay would be able to wear your armour, clothes,mounts and emotes such as sitting on a chair. In this case the tonic would just be replacing your character skinnrather theb the whole outfit, giving players the option to roleplay as undead or awaken.

2nd I don't have the pof mount that constantly teleports but how awesome would a skin be that changes after every teleport? Maybe even go as far as to allow dying it to prefered colours to which it changes.

I curios what the community and arena net thinks about it.

I suggest posting this to the gemstore suggestion forum named "[suggestions] Gemstore Items - New Items; Items offered again". I cannot find that page at the moment but here is a link to the latest post https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/711437#Comment_711437.

In my opinion they have done a good job of listening to suggestions for store items, although some things should be implemented in a different manner (looking at the waypoint unlock that is character specific rather than account wide).

@BlueIce.6951 said:

@"phs.6089" said:How about a /home/ instance teleport scroll, hear me out. not the home city, directly into instance, regardless of toon's race(?)

I am not sure if you are aware of the home portal stone (
), or if you are requesting a change to that which will allow you to choose which home instance to port into.

If you do not have the portal stone, I highly recommend getting one. It will port you to the home instance in the city of the race you are playing and then back to the world where you started before traveling.

I'd like the home portal stone to allow you to choose which home instance you enter. I'd also like Suns' Refuge to be a home instance (nodes and all) so I can do desert harvester there.

@"Aeon.4583" said:Small suggestion, to add Loot Count badge in loot section, which is show how many of same item you currently have in your bag.Sometime i wander around zones to gather some resources. And i have to open backpack now and then to keep track of how many resources i have gathered.Look at this Photoshop pic. Left is how it is now, right is my suggestion, showing how many Iron and other stuff i currently have in bag.C6wFbWR.png

I love this idea!

@BlueIce.6951 said:

I am not sure if you are aware of the home portal stone (
), or if you are requesting a change to that which will allow you to choose which home instance to port into.

Yeap, would be great if we can chose which /home/ to enter regardless of race.

A comment i've seen a lot recently with a bunch of people playing Fashion Wars 2, is that it would be really nice to allow for an independent toggle-able outfit headpiece and armor piece. Since there are plenty of head pieces that are armor only that would work well with an outfit. Like a Suit and the top hat head piece, or the celebration cap and the Dragon T-Shirt skin.

Probably not as easy to do as it sounds, but if you did something like the outfit will override the headpiece unless the outfit's show checkbox is not checked. Then it'd show the headpiece unless the armor piece is also not checked. So outfit will always override armor.

This is an old idea I had suggested on the reddit forum, but still think would be nice.New consumables window

The consumables window could be a new interface, or a new part of the inventory/wallet interface. The purpose is to hold and quickly access boon consumables. This is shared across the account, and not character specific. This would not be for consumables such as experience tomes or tonics.

The actual slots that hold the consumables should be set up like inventory slots with a default assignment from top to bottom, left to right. You would organize the consumable per tab in the order that you want them used with a check box that would set the option to automatically activate the consumable when the previous one expires. There should also be some dynamic to switch up if you want to go through a whole stack of a particular consumable before moving on to another type.

Maybe there could be some code that applies the most appropriate consumable of that type for the land you are currently in when the next consumable activates?

Lunchbox:for food consumables (for only your account, not the mass consumables like feasts and trays). Include food items purchased from vendors as well as Chef crafted consumables.

Utility ClosetFor utility consumables like potions, sharpening stones, crystals, etc..

Holiday BagFor those holiday specific items that have additional functions during the said holiday like the stuff from lunar new year.

BoostersFor all of the various boosters, but it would prioritize boosters that apply to your current environment. This would be like the finishers tab of the hero panel that would show the number of boosters of that particular type you have available.

Tool chestFor limited charge gathering tools.

Salvage chestFor all of salvage kits and the permanent Bronze and Silver salvage tools.

An addition/change to the wardrobe tab of the Hero panel.

Allow us to turn off a view of current armor so you can see how equipment pieces would work together without needing to remove all of your armor first. This is particularly annoying on medium armor with all of the long jackets, you cannot change legs to go for a new look and actually see what you are building.

It would also be awesome to show animation previews on weapons and armor

Add the makeover kits and hair kits to the wardrobe window with counters under the transmutation charges showing what you have for each.

Make Necro minions run faster! I sear to God they can never keep up with me. I have to constantly stop and let the idiots lumber to me.

Also they are all but useless in PVP because they are so slow players can just walk backwards and avoid all their attacks while the minions look confused and amble about like drunks. They need to be 20% ~~ cooler~~ faster.

@"Aeon.4583" said:Small suggestion, to add Loot Count badge in loot section, which is show how many of same item you currently have in your bag ( current not-full item stack ).Sometime i wander around zones to gather some resources. And i have to open backpack now and then to keep track of how many resources i have gathered.Look at this Photoshop pic. Left is how it is now, right is my suggestion, showing how many Iron and other stuff i currently have in bag.C6wFbWR.png

You would need to make this a toggle option and have it off by default because otherwise clueless players are going to see that and think, "Wow, I found (1+2+3+4+5+6+7) 28 Iron ore!" then open a ticket when they think they are missing items when they open their bag.

The same kind of thing happened with Engineer's flame thrower. It counts as a continual cast so the numbers just grow bigger and bigger and it looks like you are doing SO MUCH DAMAGE but it's just adding all the previous damage to the small tick you get this time.

Everyone who mains an Engineer gets to experience the heart break of learning their super-awesome burner-boy build is actually crap because of this.

Why is it that you have to complete the last two levels of HoT mastery just to buy a gift to make some of the Legendary weapons when you do not even need to have map completion and only need 23k karma to buy a gift for the Legendaries that came with PoF. To me this seems really unbalanced when all of the Legendaries after HoT give you a choice of using either one for the mystic forge recipe. Considering the number of them i think like 4 or 5 maybe are HoT only. I'm not saying that if you only purchased PoF and not HoT that you should be able to get them but if you have both it seems really dumb not to roll it back for those few. Not to mention the collections which are a pain but I really don't mind them. Also, some the Itzel and Nuhoch masteries like fighting the champion might have seemed like a cool idea at launch but really they are pretty useless. (I have played GW2 since beta so I'm not just saying this coming in late either.)

@"Grey Poupon.8407" said:Why is it that you have to complete the last two levels of HoT mastery just to buy a gift to make some of the Legendary weapons when you do not even need to have map completion and only need 23k karma to buy a gift for the Legendaries that came with PoF. To me this seems really unbalanced when all of the Legendaries after HoT give you a choice of using either one for the mystic forge recipe. Considering the number of them i think like 4 or 5 maybe are HoT only. I'm not saying that if you only purchased PoF and not HoT that you should be able to get them but if you have both it seems really dumb not to roll it back for those few. Not to mention the collections which are a pain but I really don't mind them. Also, some the Itzel and Nuhoch masteries like fighting the champion might have seemed like a cool idea at launch but really they are pretty useless. (I have played GW2 since beta so I'm not just saying this coming in late either.)

yeah in return Funerary Incense is timegated, you need to do hearts or farm 750 Elegy Mosaic for 1 leg.