Path of Fire Solo Ele — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Path of Fire Solo Ele

I am looking for tips and advice for solo PVE build for PoF. I am running dagger/dagger at the moment, but I seem to struggle with survivability when doing hero points and such. Any help would be welcome.

Comments

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AxelFoley.6290 said:
    I am looking for tips and advice for solo PVE build for PoF. I am running dagger/dagger at the moment, but I seem to struggle with survivability when doing hero points and such. Any help would be welcome.

Honestly, it's not a build issue. You can solo PoF on ele, but it takes knowing both the class and the enemies you fight very well. If you do, then pretty much any reasonable build would suffice. If you don't, you'll struggle regardless of the build.

• calb.3128calb.3128 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 13, 2018

@AxelFoley.6290 said:

IMHO, two options:

1. Stick with Weaver builds and practice, practice, practice (spending lots of time with anvils) - once you get to grips with it, it will pay dividends.
    2. Switch to Tempest and use a Fresh Air Auramancer build. It elicits cries of horror from some purists on here, but your survivability goes through the roof. It's still pretty quick for mowing down groups of mobs, and the near-permanent buffs are very useful for tackling LS boss fights and new content you might be unfamiliar with. You can still comfortably run with Berserker stats.

Edit: Reading this back, I've fallen into the trap of assuming you've unlocked Tempest and/or most traits for Weaver. I do apologise!

• Tempest, yes. Weaver not started.

• I did PoF solo with an Ele, started with Tempest and then changed to Weaver once I had it unlocked. My recommendations are to build for damage (Berserker, Marauder, or a mix - although daggers can work well with condition gear too if you mostly use Fire and Earth), take Arcane Shield and/or Final Shielding, and never stop moving when in combat. Since you're using daggers, remember that their range is longer than the standard melee range - that definitely helps against melee enemies.

• I did PoF on tempest, because weaver was even worse back than. Hard to imagine. But yeah...

absolutely doable, but bring a staff... just to be able to switch. Because some of the stuff thrown into your way is much MUCH easier with staff.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.