Mini Springer Ramona recipe?

Malediktus.9250

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made my Ramona yesterday. Thanks to Chelsea and Nanya for this adorable rabbit and the beautiful story behind its creation. Also, thanks to the person(s) who discovered and shared the recipe. I'll be helping my kids make the mini on their respective accounts, too, so they can also keep the memory and love of Ramona going.

@"Nanya.7805" said:Hello everyone, I thought I would chime in here now that the recipe has been discovered and is out in the wild.

Ramona was my rabbit. She was my best friend and I had her for a wonderful 10 and a half years. She would have been 11 years old in 2 days. She was an enormous 12 lb bun (I think a New Zealand/Flemish mix) and was the absolute sweetest, most goofy girl ever with the best personality. A total snugglebug. I've had lots of pets in my life and it's never easy losing them, but she has been the most difficult to say goodbye to. I miss her dearly. Being able to have her with me on my adventures has really helped me cope with the loss.

The heart shaped cookie in the recipe is a nod toward one of her favorite treats. She went absolutely bonkers for them; she couldn't get enough of them or oats.

Here are some pictures of her: https://imgur.com/a/YEFII1x

I'm so glad you guys have been so excited and determined to figure out how to get her in game, and I'm amazed how quickly the recipe was figured out! I hope that you too enjoy having my sweet girl as a companion on your quests. :)

Your bun was beautiful. I lost my bun several years ago so I know how you feel. They take a little bit of us with them when they go. :-(This is a beautiful way to remember her and I will think about her whenever I see this little bun hopping around in game.

@Chelsea Mills.9260 said:Thank you so much to all of you who are being so respectful and loving toward Ramona, and to me and my sister. I'm super glad I had the opportunity to create a tribute to such a great bun and it warms my heart that other people will continue to love her as a pet in game.

You are an awesome sister. I had a Norwegian Elk-hound/Malamute mix that I lost about 2 years ago...he was 11. He truly brought my heart joy, as Ramona did, and will always, for your sister. The Juvenile Wolf Ranger pet looks almost exactly like him...so on both my rangers, his name is Mulligan and he can run through the lands of Tyria with me...always.

It takes time...but I guess things like this can be very therapeutic for us, the players...as people.

Once again...you rock.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209 said:

@Chelsea Mills.9260 said:Thank you so much to all of you who are being so respectful and loving toward Ramona, and to me and my sister. I'm super glad I had the opportunity to create a tribute to such a great bun and it warms my heart that other people will continue to love her as a pet in game.

You are an awesome sister. I had a Norwegian Elk-hound/Malamute mix that I lost about 2 years ago...he was 11. He truly brought my heart joy, as Ramona did, and will always, for your sister. The Juvenile Wolf Ranger pet looks almost exactly like him...so on both my rangers, his name is Mulligan and he can run through the lands of Tyria with me...always.

It takes time...but I guess things like this can be very therapeutic for us, the players...as people.

Once again...you rock.

Ah, @Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209 I think I've seen you and Mulligan in Divinity's Reach or Lion's Arch! My pet in the game is named Franklin, in memory of my beloved kitty whom I lost two years ago. He was not even 8 years old when he died of kidney disease. It was a loss that I'm not over even today. When folks ask me why all my pets are named Franklin, I explain about my little guy, and tell them that I feel by having Frankie with me in the game, I'm keeping him close to my heart.

I love that Ramona is in the game, and am happy that so many players have been able to add her to their families, and that they also have been able to meet Nanya and Chelsea. <3

I'm glad I'm not the only one who names in-game pets after real animals.

My ranger's lynx is called Kashka after one of my cats, and my griffon is called Willow after both a cat and an osprey I knew. Cat-Willow was my husbands cat and passed away a few years ago. Osprey-Willow left Scotland for Africa around the same time and may or may not be alive... I won't know until someone sees her clearly enough to read her leg ring and reports it. But I like to imagine she's down there somewhere, waking someone else up at 5am because she's hungry.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm glad I'm not the only one who names in-game pets after real animals.

My ranger's lynx is called Kashka after one of my cats, and my griffon is called Willow after both a cat and an osprey I knew. Cat-Willow was my husbands cat and passed away a few years ago. Osprey-Willow left Scotland for Africa around the same time and may or may not be alive... I won't know until someone sees her clearly enough to read her leg ring and reports it. But I like to imagine she's down there somewhere, waking someone else up at 5am because she's hungry.

I often name my animals after pet's I own as well. Dogs get named Rurik. Cats get named Hugo.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Ah, @Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209 I think I've seen you and Mulligan in Divinity's Reach or Lion's Arch! My pet in the game is named Franklin, in memory of my beloved kitty whom I lost two years ago. He was not even 8 years old when he died of kidney disease. It was a loss that I'm not over even today. When folks ask me why all my pets are named Franklin, I explain about my little guy, and tell them that I feel by having Frankie with me in the game, I'm keeping him close to my heart.

I love that Ramona is in the game, and am happy that so many players have been able to add her to their families, and that they also have been able to meet Nanya and Chelsea. <3

Thanks Gaile...yeah...my Human Ranger does hang out in DR between adventures, while my Sylvari often spends his free time in LA. I am honored that you noticed.

I have met many a ranger who honors their current or passed pets with their pet names...makes me happy to meet those like minded souls.

Have a great day Gaile...HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :)

I had another bunny, Mo, a matte blue-gray bun with a white line on his head and blue eyes. He passed away in 2012 not long after Guild Wars 2 came out. My first goal to remember him was to recreate him as a charr in the game. Another bun I had, Pip, is also in the game. White and dark brown eyeliner and ears. She's an adorable asura.

When first I saw Ramona, I couldn't believe my eyes, a gray bun mini! Now Mo and Ramona can go on binky adventures together!

https://i.imgur.com/7ae8dPT.png

• 1 month later...

I recently obtained my very own Ramona, and she's SO adorable!! I had to post a comment because I just find this whole idea wonderful and heart-warming. What a lovely tribute to a dear friend, and now Ramona will accompany me on all of my adventures across Tyria! Thank you for being the best dev team I've ever encountered (and I've played a lot of MMOs!). It's things like this that make me love this game even more. Thanks again for dear, sweet Ramona, and for making her easy/cheap to obtain too (my in-game purse is grateful haha). <3

• 1 year later...

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:My question is why does this exist? Nowhere has a springer named Ramona appeared, it seems irrelevant to... the entire game...?

yes, it is definitely strange. I cannot even find a Ramona on Anets employee list.

So there is no important staff member with that name

Which rules out the possibility that it is a present for an Anet employee I guess

I looked up how to make it, it said that maybe an employees's sister had a rabbit so this is what it is based on.

@VioletKitty.7284 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:My question is why does this exist? Nowhere has a springer named Ramona appeared, it seems irrelevant to... the entire game...?

yes, it is definitely strange. I cannot even find a Ramona on Anets employee list.

So there is no important staff member with that name

Which rules out the possibility that it is a present for an Anet employee I guess

I looked up how to make it, it said that maybe an employees's sister had a rabbit so this is what it is based on.

This topic is from September 2018 and a lot of the information on the Wiki was added as a result of this discussion, including that fact. When that comment was posted no one (outside of the Devs involved) knew the story.