Although 20 is not good ... that was in Wayfarer Foothills near hoelenbrack. So it does not seem to do any harm to upgrade it to Mojave but the problem introduced with High Sierra still seems to be there .... I would expect MUCH more than 20 fps running on this year's macbook pro. Was anyone able to resolve the high sierra slowdown with a setting change or something?

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Menadena.7482 said:Although 20 is not good ... that was in Wayfarer Foothills near hoelenbrack. So it does not seem to do any harm to upgrade it to Mojave but the problem introduced with High Sierra still seems to be there .... I would expect MUCH more than 20 fps running on this year's macbook pro. Was anyone able to resolve the high sierra slowdown with a setting change or something?

I have the same questions, yet specifically More Cores = More Playable GW2?20 fps is not what I would want...

Good news everyone.

Google, Valve, and Mesa community have magically created a convoluted way to support Opengl forever

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Zink-Gallium3D-OpenGL-Vulkan

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/kusma/mesa/commits/zink

Opengl -> Gallium 3d -> Vulkan -> MoltenVK -> Metal.

Opengl is dead. Long live Opengl.

I would joke that this pipeline would be faster, more compliant and supports compute shaders, but I would fear those statements would be true.

@DrMORO.4627 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:Although 20 is not good ... that was in Wayfarer Foothills near hoelenbrack. So it does not seem to do any harm to upgrade it to Mojave but the problem introduced with High Sierra still seems to be there .... I would expect MUCH more than 20 fps running on this year's macbook pro. Was anyone able to resolve the high sierra slowdown with a setting change or something?

I have the same questions, yet specifically More Cores = More Playable GW2?20 fps is not what I would want...

I was able to get it to around 60 by selecting highest performance. Now I just have to go through things one at a time to figure out if there is one setting in particular that gives the most bang for your buck.

@"loseridoit.2756" said:Good news everyone.

Google, Valve, and Mesa community have magically created a convoluted way to support Opengl forever

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Zink-Gallium3D-OpenGL-Vulkan

I would joke that this pipeline would be faster, more compliant and supports compute shaders, but I would fear those statements would be true.

Nice! Although I do have to wonder what sort of a performance hit that would bring.

While I enjoy playing Guild Wars 2 more on the Mac client than on the Windows one (familiarity with the Command button's location being the top reason), I cannot sit idly by any longer and not mention that Metal needs to be implemented. World of Warcraft implemented Apple's proprietary rendering engine shortly after its release, so why can't Guild Wars use the same? Metal does indeed make a pretty big difference to the world of gaming on a Mac as it does boost FPS by at least 10 frames depending on the machine and the age of its hardware. If you would like to bridge the gap between the performance on Windows vs. Mac, this will have to be implemented sooner rather than later.

@"Barine.7140" said:Ive had some weird issues since upgrading to mojave . Game will lag then crash back to desktop pretty frequently. Didn't have the problem with high sierra Anyone else noticing this?

I had to repair the install to get it to even launch. I used this page to guide me through the process. Hopefully it works to sort your issues too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a different issue now that I upgraded to mojave. We have multiple accounts for family members and only a couple computers so we have to change login info pretty regularly. Since I upgraded, I cannot change accounts without receiving an error 42:0:9001:4414. Once I reboot I can enter different account info, but as soon as I log out and change I get the same error again. I am absolutely certain too that I have not been mistyping the password either. and it happens every . . . single . . . time.

I am quite disappointed in the performance on Mac only after my friend told me he is playing on a 7 year old Win machine and has much better performance than I do on my late 2017 15" MacBook Pro. I was looking into settings to make a difference, but with 4core i7, 16GB RAM and 4GB radeon 560, I'm stuck at 20-30 FPS. I was trying to find some help online, to see if I could improve performance, but it is not to be found. If anyone knows how to help me, I'd appreciate it a lot. The game is playable, but it would be much better to actually be able to play a smooth game instead of laggy game. Lion's Arch is the worst on this and now with the Mad King events going on and millions of added features in the city, it is quite sad...

I seem to have a lot of weird flickering issues lately. Sometimes it is just beams of light radiating out from the character, especially if the character has some sort of effect on their clothing or mount (like storm mounts or fire mounts.) Other times it is chunks of solid color that seem to belong to the local terrain: near a building in the Crystal Oasis, blocks and rectangles of dark blue appear. Running down the cleared corridors to the vinewrath in Silverwastes, a lot of flat green vine images flicker on and off, and even some big planes of what seemed like a mottled green textured pattern. It was practically impossible to see through.

These do not appear on screenshots. I tried running a repair on the client, and it made no difference, plus Terminal gave me repeated error messages of: [33753:1291:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(303)] locale_file_path.empty()

@"mrJeyK.6317" said:I am quite disappointed in the performance on Mac only after my friend told me he is playing on a 7 year old Win machine and has much better performance than I do on my late 2017 15" MacBook Pro. I was looking into settings to make a difference, but with 4core i7, 16GB RAM and 4GB radeon 560, I'm stuck at 20-30 FPS. I was trying to find some help online, to see if I could improve performance, but it is not to be found. If anyone knows how to help me, I'd appreciate it a lot. The game is playable, but it would be much better to actually be able to play a smooth game instead of laggy game. Lion's Arch is the worst on this and now with the Mad King events going on and millions of added features in the city, it is quite sad...

An event with a lot of people at it is not a good indicator. Even a gaming PC will take a nose dive into the single digits there. What counts is when you are in the open world with nothing much going on in the region that would attract people.

Guys my game has been crashing constantly recently, especially when I'm in Lion's Arch or Mistlock sanctuary, I don't know if its cuz my memory I mean I just have a regular Mac Pro.Below is the crash log:--> Crash <--Assertion: !transferRejectedFile: \Users\buildsrv\Gw2\Live\NAEU\v2\Code\Arena\Engine\Gr\GrTex2d.cpp(4159)App: Gw64Pid: 24706Cmdline:BaseAddr: 0x0000000000010000ProgramId: 101Build: 93060When: 2018-10-29T03:47:43ZUptime: 00:34:23Flags: 0x0

I upgraded to Mojave in early October. I am also getting this warning about 32bit apps. I contacted Apple support and they say the developer(Anet) must need to update some software used in the client. My husband is a software developer and he says its probably the WINE software used to emulate windows systems. I have a long support ticket with ANET support about the serious lagging. They could not resolve it. I have to put my settings on boring Best Performance now. So much for all the skins and outfits I bought.

@"loseridoit.2756" said:Good news everyone.

@Jon Olson.8439 Jon, is any of that could be used inside your office in a future?

@QikSilvr.4690 said:I upgraded to Mojave in early October. I am also getting this warning about 32bit apps. I contacted Apple support and they say the developer(Anet) must need to update some software used in the client. My husband is a software developer and he says its probably the WINE software used to emulate windows systems. I have a long support ticket with ANET support about the serious lagging. They could not resolve it. I have to put my settings on boring Best Performance now. So much for all the skins and outfits I bought.

Wait, if you are using/playing the 64-bit GW2 Mac app, then it should NOT contain any trace of WINE Windows emulator, right?The 64-bit GW2 Mac app should be a Mac-native app, correct? Are some somehow still playing the depreciated 32-bit Mac app?Or, am I totally missing something here?Could someone please provide me/us with the correct information about how the 64-bit GW2 Mac app is written/programed?Thanks!