Forum Update: Images!!

@"Crystal Black.8190" said:Maybe i am doing something wrong? If i try to link to the wiki there is nothing same as with imgur.

You need to get the direct image link from Imgur, not the share link. Then you click on the "add image" icon here on the forum (the right most icon in the menu when you are composing a message, the one that looks like a landscape), then copy the link and press Enter. Done.

• 2 months later...

Since this question seems to keep coming up, I'm reposting detailed instructions for how to use Imgur anonymously to host an image for posting here on the forums:

Instructions
  • Start at its home page
  • Click on new post (do not login)
  • Browse or drag or paste a URL of a valid image
  • Right-click the image and choose View Image
  • Copy the URL of the image (without the Imgur baggage site info/buttons)
  • Click on the Image icon above (last on the right) and paste that URL

Example

(note how the URL for correct image ends in a proper image suffix, PNG in this case, but could be JPG etc)

The result looks like this:![](https://i.imgur.com/xzn5Kyn.png "")

Which produces this imagexzn5Kyn.png(at least until Imgur purges old posts without much traffic)

• 2 months later...

@"Banda.9320" said:i dont know how to use this

Here’s a forum thread that explains it: How to post your images

Do you have Imgur set up? If you don’t then set up an account. Download the picture to imgur. Choose private when it asks you public or private. After it’s downloaded you can get a link then post the link on the forum using the format ![](Imgur link)

• 6 months later...

Just trying to share images from Tumblr. The op mentioned it, so there must be a way. :anguished:

(pasting the direct URL image link on the landscape button). (image URL https://66.media.tumblr.com/f15f6e0c43aedbb238c1d48c62412d8d/tumblr_pglmyfbEBa1xjdi3co1_1280.jpg)

//////////////////////I still don't know what's going on. choovanski.5462 posted this image from a horse, it's from tumblr (from a closed blog) and it's working, but if I reupload that same image in my blog, it doesnt.tumblr_inline_oxguroWkf51uzql8b_500.png

tumblr_pglsopZdxx1xjdi3co1_500.png

@"sorudo.9054" said:in any forum, a simple code works with any and all pictures.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/2739708bbe813991ed7ed8cf83c64f3c/tumblr_pglt13z4g01xjdi3co1_500.png[/img]

Nop, this one is different because it's using the "Markdown" syntax. :( In theory that would be something like

!text description (URL)In this case![](https://66.media.tumblr.com/2739708bbe813991ed7ed8cf83c64f3c/tumblr_pglt13z4g01xjdi3co1_500.png "")But...tumblr_pglt13z4g01xjdi3co1_500.png

:disappointed:

@Adngel.9786 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:in any forum, a simple
code works with any and all pictures.

]

Nop, this one is different because it's using the "Markdown" syntax. :( In theory that would be something like

!
text description
(URL)
In this case
![](
"")
But...
tumblr_pglt13z4g01xjdi3co1_500.png

:disappointed:

i know it doesn't work, but that's exactly the problem.on any other forum using the IMG trick makes you able to show an image from any site, this forum is so limited it only allows an image from 4 websites instead of thousands.

@Jarl Petter Hinrik.1409 said:With a little html, you could already post embedded picture... It's faster now but not new... Yay I guess...? I find it annoying to have to post pictures on imgr first. Random people rate them. Like, it's to post somewhere else, guys!

I'm sure there's a setting somewhere on Imgur to make all your images private, so other people can only see them by following a link you provide. But I can't find where it is now, because the website keeps telling me it's over capacity and not working.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Jarl Petter Hinrik.1409 said:With a little html, you could already post embedded picture... It's faster now but not new... Yay I guess...? I find it annoying to have to post pictures on imgr first. Random people rate them. Like, it's to post somewhere else, guys!

I'm sure there's a setting somewhere on Imgur to make all your images private, so other people can only see them by following a link you provide. But I can't find where it is now, because the website keeps telling me it's over capacity and not working.

Well that is one way to prevent people from seeing your images ...

Edit: Just checked through the settings. Didn't see a setting for that but the default for new albums is Hidden which will make it hidden from your account page but accessible with a direct link.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Edit: Just checked through the settings. Didn't see a setting for that but the default for new albums is Hidden which will make it hidden from your account page but accessible with a direct link.

It helps with the problem Jarl Petter Hinrik mentioned. I never get random people rating or commenting on my images and they don't appear on the main Imgur site, only where I link them. Which is good for me because I use it almost exclusively to upload pictures so I can link them on forums and without the content they look really random.

@Danikat.8537 said:

It helps with the problem Jarl Petter Hinrik mentioned. I never get random people rating or commenting on my images and they don't appear on the main Imgur site, only where I link them. Which is good for me because I use it almost exclusively to upload pictures so I can link them on forums and without the content they look really random.

I was referring to imgur being overcapacity. :p

People won't see your images if imgur can't serve them.

Getting back to the actual issue. Since Hidden seems to be the default I don't see where the problem is...

@Danikat.8537 said:

Just to note for anyone looking to change the settings on their Imgur albums:

While viewing your albums there is a colored circle on the bottom right of each album that denotes its access configuration.Green = Public (Anyone can see the album by going to your account page.)Yellow = Hidden (The album is hidden from your account page, but is still accessible with the direct URL.)Red = Secret (You are the only person who can see or access this album and you must be logged in to do it.)

To bring up the album settings screen overlay and change this setting on the album:

1. click the gear icon in the top right that appears on the album while hovering over it in your album list
  2. click 'Change Settings'
  3. make the change in the settings overlay and hit 'Save'

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I can't get this working since the new forum software.

I am using imgur, which is an allowed host.

It's not working on the new forum, it's currently impossible to post new images but ones that were posted before will still show up unless the post is edited.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It's not working on the new forum, it's currently impossible to post new images but ones that were posted before will still show up unless the post is edited.

Is this a temporary problem that will be fixed later on or is this a new policy to no longer have images? I haven't read anything about it.