Jumping Puzzle Assistance

So I'm not so much asking for assistance but rather which puzzles people generally need assistance with. I currently have 12 mesmers all parked at various jumping puzzles for the sole purpose of ports. It was originally to help out some guildmates but after seeing how many people needed them I started leaving them there and have been porting ever since. Currently I have mesmers at the following puzzles:Chalice of Tears in Ember BaySkipping Stones in Southsun CoveMorgan's Spiral/Dreamdark Enclave in Caledon ForestSpekk's Labe in Caledon ForestNot So Secret in Gendaren Fields (Goggles and chest)

I currently still have 2 more mesmers that I can station at another puzzle or two, depending on the need, so I'm looking for good recommendations. What puzzles/places would be good to park a mesmer at that could help people out the most? Thanks for your time and thoughts. ^^

(On NA by the way in case anyone is looking to contact me for a port.)

@necromaniac.7629 said:brahh I would be happy to let you port me to those jumping puzzles, ready when you areSure, feel free to add me and message me anytime I'm on an I can happily give you a lift to the top of any of them. ^^

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:One that I'd suggest (to help people without Springers) is Loreclaw Expanse in the Plains of Ashford. You usually see lots of downed/defeated in among the fire traps, and when I sat round the back offering ports in /map, a fair number of people showed up.

Might be a good idea to say if you're on EU or NA.Hm I don't think I've been to that one before so I'll be sure to look it up, thanks. =)

Also good point, I'll edit the main post to reflect that.

Many players I heard of already gave up on the Chalice of Tears JP and the linked Aurora Legendary item. Some help would be very welcome to these players, but with the checkpoints it is a bit harder to help players or even newbies then your average JP. And if you also want to collect the hidden tokens you will have to leave the volcano and do it all over again, unless you get help of a mesmer laying down portals back to the main route.

I gave up on it for a long time and also on Aurora as it makes no sense to work on Aurora when you consider the JP to be beyond your skill. But I ultimately was able to complete it by exactly following AyinMaiden's guide. Aurora is now on it's way.

<3 Ayin, you're my personal GW2 hero! <3

Another difficult JP is the Searing Ascent in Draconis Mons. Fortunately, you do not need to have the checkpoints active to get the chest and achievement here. I found it very helpful to see some players here who advertised their location (at the end chest) to allow any player to use their Teleport to Friend items on them.

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

• Many players I heard of already gave up on the Chalice of Tears JP and the linked Aurora Legendary item. Some help would be very welcome to these players, but with the checkpoints it is a bit harder to help players or even newbies then your average JP. And if you also want to collect the hidden tokens you will have to leave the volcano and do it all over again, unless you get help of a mesmer laying down portals back to the main route.I gave up on it for a long time and also on Aurora as it makes no sense to work on Aurora when you consider the JP to be beyond your skill. But I ultimately was able to complete it by exactly following AyinMaiden's guide. Aurora is now on it's way.
    <3 Ayin, you're my personal GW2 hero! <3
  • Another difficult JP is the Searing Ascent in Draconis Mons. Fortunately, you do not need to have the checkpoints active to get the chest and achievement here. I found it very helpful to see some players here who advertised their location (at the end chest) to allow any player to use their Teleport to Friend items on them.

I have 6 Mesmers parked at the chalice of tears JP for each checkpoint there and started porting ppl through it right before Aurora came out so I've made a considerable amount of ports through there lol. I had originally debated between posting a large group of mesmers there or at the draconis mons one like you mentioned but the chalice of tears seemed more straightforward when porting and with the checkpoints I decided to go that route instead.

Also congrats on getting a step closer to Aurora, maybe you'll have it soon. =)

@Blude.6812 said:Nice, I did Chalice once and swore--NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN-- Then I found out I needed it for Aurora, and decided I wasn't going to go it for. This gives me a chance to reconsider.

Laughs That was my thought exactly! The last tokens I require are from in that vile volcano. Long have I been looking for others via LFG and in-game that are attempting to get them, but to no avail. I've largely given up at this point too, though never say never.

Still that place has nothing on the Not So Secret nightmare in Gendarran Fields. @Moonlit.6421 you are a spirit-send helping others like you are!

@Reverielle.3972 said:

@Blude.6812 said:Nice, I did Chalice once and swore--NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN-- Then I found out I needed it for Aurora, and decided I wasn't going to go it for. This gives me a chance to reconsider.

Laughs
That was my thought exactly! The last tokens I require are from in that vile volcano. Long have I been looking for others via LFG and in-game that are attempting to get them, but to no avail. I've largely given up at this point too, though never say never.

Still that place has nothing on the Not So Secret nightmare in Gendarran Fields. @Moonlit.6421 you are a spirit-send helping others like you are!

Ah that brings up a good point. Typically when I stop in at the Chalice of Tears JP I hop onto my Mesmer parked at the 3rd checkpoint and look around, offering assistance to people I see struggling below. I used to tag up and advertise more but dont as much either due to time or no one showing up but if there really are ppl still checking LFG for it I guess I can start advertising again. The character I always use for advertising in that puzzle is Talesin the Twisted since he's my Mesmer for the start so if you ever see him in ember bay I'm probably gettin rdy to do a port run. Feel free to hit me up if you see me on though and I can do a quick port run for you~

The JP I needed assistance with the most was Spekks's Lab in Caledon Forest. Disappearing platforms with a tight time limit. After watching a youtube video of it and trying it once or twice, I knew it was simply not in the realm of possibility for my slow fingers and keyboard controls, so I shouted out in Mistlock and hired a mesmer for that one. (For HOPE.) Not as evil as the other ones you've listed, and probably easy for quick-fingered platformer veterans, but not for us slowpokes.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:The JP I needed assistance with the most was Spekks's Lab in Caledon Forest. Disappearing platforms with a tight time limit. After watching a youtube video of it and trying it once or twice, I knew it was simply not in the realm of possibility for my slow fingers and keyboard controls, so I shouted out in Mistlock and hired a mesmer for that one. (For HOPE.) Not as evil as the other ones you've listed, and probably easy for quick-fingered platformer veterans, but not for us slowpokes.That's the one with all the lava and the golem guards at the end correct? I've done it a few times. Also what is HOPE? A legendary? Is there something in that puzzle needed for a collection I was unaware of?

@Moonlit.6421 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:The JP I needed assistance with the most was Spekks's Lab in Caledon Forest. Disappearing platforms with a tight time limit. After watching a youtube video of it and trying it once or twice, I knew it was simply not in the realm of possibility for my slow fingers and keyboard controls, so I shouted out in Mistlock and hired a mesmer for that one. (For HOPE.) Not as evil as the other ones you've listed, and probably easy for quick-fingered platformer veterans, but not for us slowpokes.That's the one with all the lava and the golem guards at the end correct? I've done it a few times. Also what is HOPE? A legendary? Is there something in that puzzle needed for a collection I was unaware of?

HOPE is a legendary pistol. The final collection achievement requires you to open the chest at the end of Spekks's lab to get Crystallized Magic.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

HOPE is a legendary pistol. The final collection achievement requires you to open the chest at the end of Spekks's lab to get Crystallized Magic.

Huh did not know that. Alright i'll add that one to the potential list. In the meantime before I settle them anywhere if you msg me in game I can hop over and help you get through the puzzle. =)

@Moonlit.6421 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

Huh did not know that. Alright i'll add that one to the potential list. In the meantime before I settle them anywhere if you msg me in game I can hop over and help you get through the puzzle. =)

Thanks, but I hired someone and have had my nifty laser gun for a couple of weeks, now. ^^

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:The JP I needed assistance with the most was Spekks's Lab in Caledon Forest. Disappearing platforms with a tight time limit. After watching a youtube video of it and trying it once or twice, I knew it was simply not in the realm of possibility for my slow fingers and keyboard controls, so I shouted out in Mistlock and hired a mesmer for that one. (For HOPE.) Not as evil as the other ones you've listed, and probably easy for quick-fingered platformer veterans, but not for us slowpokes.

There are always mes portals there when the JP is a daily. It shows up in the daily rotation frequently.

• 1 month later...

@Citalin.3961 said:Any chance you still have someone at the googles for Not So Secret? I need to get to the platform two below to charge a quartz for Bolt and trying to jump it has made me cry at this point.

Most of the horizontal jumps in NSS are trivially simple on staff Daredevil because it has Vault (skill 5), which gives fine-grained (and low-cooldown) control over where you go. Don't use the thrower-cogs to jump, since all of them have a spot on the side that you can jump to using Vault, especially the series after the two paths split, just before you start to go up for the final approach to the goggle platform.

EDIT: obviously, if you don't have HoT, this isn't useful advice, although there are base-class skills that can take the place of Vault provided you can put up with the much longer cooldowns.

@Citalin.3961 said:Any chance you still have someone at the googles for Not So Secret? I need to get to the platform two below to charge a quartz for Bolt and trying to jump it has made me cry at this point.

I do indeed my friend, my characters stay permanently parked at their spots (assuming I don't screw up and get myself killed lol). Your more than welcome to send me a mail or msg if you see me on and I'll see if we can't get you up there~

• 4 months later...

Just gonna bump this for now because i've recently had a number of people contact me about jumping puzzle help on some that I cover after posting on another thread so if anyone needs assistance with any of the puzzles mentioned in the original post feel free to hit me up~

porting me through Charlice was worth a whole stack of ectos. It was so annoying.

Griffonrook run is another one that I personally find undoable. The rest is.. annoying, time consuming or just dumb, but do-able. The easiest is Morgan's Spiral. I can sleepwalk that one. The one in Siren's looks a lot harder than it actually is.