maybe it is time to beta test alliances — Guild Wars 2 Forums

maybe it is time to beta test alliances

Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2018 in WvW

as we wvw raided, we discussed when alliances will happen.

pure speculation on our parts because anet has no timeline. but as ceo, i do know projects without a set timeline does not get achieved.

so hoping anet proves me wrong.

talking about costs, if we beta test alliances, then the quirks will be adjust before product launch. hence no problems and if it shows it sucks, it can be cancelled.

alliances, as we derped, talked about tesla and how elon musk tweeted the funding secured.

i am a fan of elon, and would believe him. but gw2, mmm.

what you guys think? is alliances secured?

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

Comments

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

They do have set dates. They told everyone but you to fuel your downward spiral on the forum.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2018

@Justine.6351 said:
    They do have set dates. They told everyone but you to fuel your downward spiral on the forum.

oh nos. =p i feel so special. bow

seriously, they should be paying me for these ideas.

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sovereign.1093 said:
    as we wvw raided, we discussed when alliances will happen.

pure speculation on our parts because anet has no timeline. but as ceo, i do know projects without a set timeline does not get achieved.

so hoping anet proves me wrong.

talking about costs, if we beta test alliances, then the quirks will be adjust before product launch. hence no problems and if it shows it sucks, it can be cancelled.

alliances, as we derped, talked about tesla and how elon musk tweeted the funding secured.

i am a fan of elon, and would believe him. but gw2, mmm.

what you guys think? is alliances secured?

Do your part for this community and please pay attention to what the devs are relaying to their customers...

Quote from the stickied thread in this section at the top... And iirc, I posted the links to you before...

“July 2018 Update

I have been meaning to give everyone a World Restructuring update for a while now and I finally have a bit of down time to spend doing just that. Back in January, we posted a tentative design that would balance world populations and allow for continued balancing as time goes on. Since that post, we have reviewed a lot of community feedback in many forms (Gw2 Official Forum discussions, Reddit, in game interactions, etc.) and have started moving forward with that system. As we stated in the original document, this large task requires work from multiple disciplines and is going to take some time to fully complete. Add to that live game support and, as you can guess, our task lists are full.

When?

At this time, we do not have a date to share with the community but we are actively working toward internal milestones. We plan to post periodic updates when we have interesting or relevant information to share.

Where are they now?

We currently have in place some of the backend systems that will track, store, and handle changes to the alliance structure of guilds. The current iteration does not include front-end systems or UI for creating, joining, or otherwise dealing with alliances. However, it gives us some structure and the ability to start field-testing how alliances/WvW guilds would look. From here, we can run simulations and get a sense for how the system might function under load.

What is next?

The next major things to develop are the front-end systems and the back-end matchmaking. The front-end takes time and iteration, and the matchmaking itself is sort of the whole point and needs to be undertaken with care, since it involves assigning every WvW player to a new world all at once!

Why is this taking so long?

This project is not small in scale. As we said when we began, we are changing and adding a bunch of major systems with this change. We are moving along at a pace that tracks with our goals but, as is the nature of our jobs, things can come up involving either unforeseen complications with the World Restructuring system or issues with the live game that need to be addressed first.”

• @Sovereign.1093 i think you should start a gofundme page for wvw... all proceeds go to the wvw dev team :P

• Djamonja.6453Djamonja.6453 Member ✭✭✭

Elon lied, he didn't have the funding.

• Can't beta test something written on a whiteboard and nowhere else.

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

Beta test allian...what? I highly doubt that such thing exist even in 0.01 alpha, not even talking about beta. Just wait few years, play some upcoming Raid Wings and enjoy beautiful content instead of playing dead game mode

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

• Just because they haven't told us their deadlines doesn't mean they don't have any internally.

• Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭

Hard to see a reason why they'd suddenly start beta testing anything. It'll go live, then they'll figure it out as they go when they're not counting gem income. ;)

• Just bring out an alliance weekend - then if there are major issues. Take it back off line and fix them.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.