Winds of Disenchantment NERFED now reduce the cooldown time too. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Winds of Disenchantment NERFED now reduce the cooldown time too.

Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 16, 2018 in Warrior

Winds of Disenchantment: This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast. Instead, every second after casting, the total number of pulses is reduced by 1. The duration of this skill has been split, and it will now have a 5-second duration in WvW and PvP while retaining a 10-second duration in PvE.

We get it, it needs a nerf, but 5 seconds for a ground skill that has a cooldown of 90 seconds is not even close to being fair.
The elite skill was nerfed by 50%, so to maintain fairness, the cooldown needs to be reduce by 50% or so...
Any cooldown time from 45 sec, 50 sec, or 60 sec should the new cooldown for this elite skill.

In WvW this will have no impact what so ever because commanders ask for the cooldown status of winds, so they just wait 90 seconds and then fight again.

Charr Warrior Master Race!
Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

Comments

  • yeah, the skill is utterly disgusting when combo with scourge bombs and Gravity Well

    should be turned into a channelling base casting like guardian bubble, any interrupts by the caster or forced interrupts will immediately ends the bubble.

    and should be isolated to spell based projectiles, physical based projectiles should still hit, this will encourage the use of shield wielders to protect the spellbreaker by stack on top to ensure full channelling of the meditation.

    [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
  • Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

    No, that's not how nerfs work.
    If you have played ele since the beginning you'd understand - I mention ele since it has literally been a roller coaster of nerfs for that class. It's basically why I've given up on this game.

    I'll break it down for you. The way balancing works in Anet:
    "Something works too well? A skilled player knows how to take advantage of a situation? A Casual Cried because they shouldn't have to dodge or play by the rules?
    We need to nerf those abilities so new players have an easier time and don't have to learn mechanics of the game if they don't want to, and we want to ensure our loyalty is placed only within new players. Take away anything good about these skills and class, but keep the cooldown. Now buff other skills that noone ever uses and still won't use just to show we listen. There, perfect."

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    Winds of Disenchantment: This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast. Instead, every second after casting, the total number of pulses is reduced by 1. The duration of this skill has been split, and it will now have a 5-second duration in WvW and PvP while retaining a 10-second duration in PvE.

    We get it, it needs a nerf, but 5 seconds for a ground skill that has a cooldown of 90 seconds is not even close to being fair.
    The elite skill was nerfed by 50%, so to maintain fairness, the cooldown needs to be reduce by 50% or so...
    Any cooldown time from 45 sec, 50 sec, or 60 sec should the new cooldown for this elite skill.

    In WvW this will have no impact what so ever because commanders ask for the cooldown status of winds, so they just wait 90 seconds and then fight again.

    That makes no sense whatsoever, if the duration was reduced by 50% and the cool down got reduced by 50% you end up with a similarly powerful skill except that you trade duration for availability (which depending on the skill can result in a buff actually).

    Now I can see some reduction of the 90s cool down to maybe 80 or 75, but it is very clear what Arenanets goal was: force engages without WoD up or at least not up the entire time while the fight gets decided. 5 seconds of area denial in WvW is still ages and a well placed bubble can decide a fight, it just can't totally overpower or screw over the enemy team now and when countered by dodges and defensive skills might give the other team a chance to survive the opener.

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    Winds of Disenchantment: This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast. Instead, every second after casting, the total number of pulses is reduced by 1. The duration of this skill has been split, and it will now have a 5-second duration in WvW and PvP while retaining a 10-second duration in PvE.

    We get it, it needs a nerf, but 5 seconds for a ground skill that has a cooldown of 90 seconds is not even close to being fair.
    The elite skill was nerfed by 50%, so to maintain fairness, the cooldown needs to be reduce by 50% or so...
    Any cooldown time from 45 sec, 50 sec, or 60 sec should the new cooldown for this elite skill.

    In WvW this will have no impact what so ever because commanders ask for the cooldown status of winds, so they just wait 90 seconds and then fight again.

    That makes no sense whatsoever, if the duration was reduced by 50% and the cool down got reduced by 50% you end up with a similarly powerful skill except that you trade duration for availability (which depending on the skill can result in a buff actually).

    Now I can see some reduction of the 90s cool down to maybe 80 or 75, but it is very clear what Arenanets goal was: force engages without WoD up or at least not up the entire time while the fight gets decided. 5 seconds of area denial in WvW is still ages and a well placed bubble can decide a fight, it just can't totally overpower or screw over the enemy team now and when countered by dodges and defensive skills might give the other team a chance to survive the opener.

    in WvW fights take place relatively quick and then there is a period of waiting to reset cooldown of skills.
    All commanders wait 90 seconds for the bubble cooldown.
    It is pathetic and sad that WvW has come to this

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2018

    @Hitman.5829 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Hitman.5829 said:
    Winds of Disenchantment: This skill no longer pulses the instant the spell is cast. Instead, every second after casting, the total number of pulses is reduced by 1. The duration of this skill has been split, and it will now have a 5-second duration in WvW and PvP while retaining a 10-second duration in PvE.

    We get it, it needs a nerf, but 5 seconds for a ground skill that has a cooldown of 90 seconds is not even close to being fair.
    The elite skill was nerfed by 50%, so to maintain fairness, the cooldown needs to be reduce by 50% or so...
    Any cooldown time from 45 sec, 50 sec, or 60 sec should the new cooldown for this elite skill.

    In WvW this will have no impact what so ever because commanders ask for the cooldown status of winds, so they just wait 90 seconds and then fight again.

    That makes no sense whatsoever, if the duration was reduced by 50% and the cool down got reduced by 50% you end up with a similarly powerful skill except that you trade duration for availability (which depending on the skill can result in a buff actually).

    Now I can see some reduction of the 90s cool down to maybe 80 or 75, but it is very clear what Arenanets goal was: force engages without WoD up or at least not up the entire time while the fight gets decided. 5 seconds of area denial in WvW is still ages and a well placed bubble can decide a fight, it just can't totally overpower or screw over the enemy team now and when countered by dodges and defensive skills might give the other team a chance to survive the opener.

    in WvW fights take place relatively quick and then there is a period of waiting to reset cooldown of skills.
    All commanders wait 90 seconds for the bubble cooldown.
    It is pathetic and sad that WvW has come to this

    Sure and they did so before too when the duration was 10 seconds only that now the bubble is no guaranteed win.

    The nerf is working as intended, making the WoD less important and/or less of a deciding factor.

  • Hyraltia.4185Hyraltia.4185 Member ✭✭
    edited October 17, 2018

    @Malediktus.9250 said:
    It was the most powerful elite skill in WvW. 50% nerf was the bare minimum

    Except the wvw whine babies (basically pve) got the skill nerfed across the board in spvp too. So no, it's not fine, the skill is now laughable in spvp and if wvw players can't react to a measly 10 second duration then why are they not also crying about necro wells, scourge wells, holo aoe cc mashing, ele aoe, etc etc etc.

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hyraltia.4185 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:
    It was the most powerful elite skill in WvW. 50% nerf was the bare minimum

    Except the wvw whine babies (basically pve) got the skill nerfed across the board in spvp too. So no, it's not fine, the skill is now laughable in spvp and if wvw players can't react to a measly 10 second duration then why are they not also crying about necro wells, scourge wells, holo aoe cc mashing, ele aoe, etc etc etc.

    Excuse me but how is it WvWers fault that anet extended the nerf to pvp? That gripe lays with anet.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • Hyraltia.4185Hyraltia.4185 Member ✭✭
    edited October 17, 2018

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @Hyraltia.4185 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:
    It was the most powerful elite skill in WvW. 50% nerf was the bare minimum

    Except the wvw whine babies (basically pve) got the skill nerfed across the board in spvp too. So no, it's not fine, the skill is now laughable in spvp and if wvw players can't react to a measly 10 second duration then why are they not also crying about necro wells, scourge wells, holo aoe cc mashing, ele aoe, etc etc etc.

    Excuse me but how is it WvWers fault that anet extended the nerf to pvp? That gripe lays with anet.

    Personal experience playing as and against warriors using it, both spvp and wvw, you simply do 1 of two things:

    1) use unblockables, bubble no longer blocks the projectile, murder those inside.
    2) and by far the easiest, mash aoe inside the bubble, any class that is punished by ranged blocks can do this (outside maybe DE, but do we really care if DE suffers?).

    The skill was not uncounter-able or so incredibly mind numblingly oppressive that it needed to be nerfed into the floor that hard. So yes, wvw players are at fault because you guys did the typical wah wah i dont wanna adapt to something so im just going to cry so hard it gets dumpstered. This skill was not "elusive mind" or other absurd passive trait tier broken, it had counter-play available, it's not a warriors fault/the skills fault if A) you didn't have it, B) you didn't know about that or C) you were to slow to react properly. If we wanna talk about real deserving nerfs then lets go see reaper (getting quickness, awful idea for a buff), holos getting 40% protection, eles getting buffed in random absurd ways that they don't need every patch, mesmers getting buffed despite asking for nerfs (every nerf patch nerfs something 10% buffs something else 50% so yeah.)

  • Lahmia.2193Lahmia.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Hyraltia.4185 said:

    @Lahmia.2193 said:

    @Hyraltia.4185 said:

    @Malediktus.9250 said:
    It was the most powerful elite skill in WvW. 50% nerf was the bare minimum

    Except the wvw whine babies (basically pve) got the skill nerfed across the board in spvp too. So no, it's not fine, the skill is now laughable in spvp and if wvw players can't react to a measly 10 second duration then why are they not also crying about necro wells, scourge wells, holo aoe cc mashing, ele aoe, etc etc etc.

    Excuse me but how is it WvWers fault that anet extended the nerf to pvp? That gripe lays with anet.

    Personal experience playing as and against warriors using it, both spvp and wvw, you simply do 1 of two things:

    1) use unblockables, bubble no longer blocks the projectile, murder those inside.
    2) and by far the easiest, mash aoe inside the bubble, any class that is punished by ranged blocks can do this (outside maybe DE, but do we really care if DE suffers?).

    The skill was not uncounter-able or so incredibly mind numblingly oppressive that it needed to be nerfed into the floor that hard. So yes, wvw players are at fault because you guys did the typical wah wah i dont wanna adapt to something so im just going to cry so hard it gets dumpstered.

    So you mean PvX'ers then. None of the Wvw'ers I play with play pvp and nor do I.

    "Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."

  • I really hope they don't ever go the route of reducing the cooldown or cast time of the skill. The PvP version should just share the PvE version with the 10s duration, and if it is determined to be too weak in WvW I'd rather they just revert the lack of pulse on first tick.

    One of the major appeals to me of playing warrior in WvW has always been the presence of a skill which is highly powerful, but awkward to cast and punishing to waste. Battle standard was that skill for years and winds has scratched the same itch for me, with the pressure of making sure you get a single skill cast right. If the skill became weaker and more spammable to compensate warrior will have lost one of the main things that makes it unique to play over other professions.

    Having played with the nerfed version during open tags and guild raids, I honestly think the skill is in a better place now. Aggressive early bubbles aren't getting as much done, but well timed defensive bubbles and aggressive ones on enemies that have already used some defensive cooldowns and dodges are still making a significant impact. Getting the bubble 'right' takes more thought now which I find makes spellbreaker even more fun to play in group fights than it was before.

  • Miko.4158Miko.4158 Member ✭✭✭

    its balls, tried it today and people are ignoring it.
    I may go back to berserker but thats utterly broken, maybe burnzerker and tag the loot.
    the cast time is still ludicrous, it doesn't even do any damage.

  • Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭

    @Murderous Clown.9723 said:
    I really hope they don't ever go the route of reducing the cooldown or cast time of the skill. The PvP version should just share the PvE version with the 10s duration, and if it is determined to be too weak in WvW I'd rather they just revert the lack of pulse on first tick.

    One of the major appeals to me of playing warrior in WvW has always been the presence of a skill which is highly powerful, but awkward to cast and punishing to waste. Battle standard was that skill for years and winds has scratched the same itch for me, with the pressure of making sure you get a single skill cast right. If the skill became weaker and more spammable to compensate warrior will have lost one of the main things that makes it unique to play over other professions.

    Having played with the nerfed version during open tags and guild raids, I honestly think the skill is in a better place now. Aggressive early bubbles aren't getting as much done, but well timed defensive bubbles and aggressive ones on enemies that have already used some defensive cooldowns and dodges are still making a significant impact. Getting the bubble 'right' takes more thought now which I find makes spellbreaker even more fun to play in group fights than it was before.

    You should try the heal Defensive Stance. It scratches that itch... and can be quite fun.

  • Thelgar.7214Thelgar.7214 Member ✭✭✭

    @Murderous Clown.9723 said:
    I really hope they don't ever go the route of reducing the cooldown or cast time of the skill. The PvP version should just share the PvE version with the 10s duration, and if it is determined to be too weak in WvW I'd rather they just revert the lack of pulse on first tick.

    One of the major appeals to me of playing warrior in WvW has always been the presence of a skill which is highly powerful, but awkward to cast and punishing to waste. Battle standard was that skill for years and winds has scratched the same itch for me, with the pressure of making sure you get a single skill cast right. If the skill became weaker and more spammable to compensate warrior will have lost one of the main things that makes it unique to play over other professions.

    Having played with the nerfed version during open tags and guild raids, I honestly think the skill is in a better place now. Aggressive early bubbles aren't getting as much done, but well timed defensive bubbles and aggressive ones on enemies that have already used some defensive cooldowns and dodges are still making a significant impact. Getting the bubble 'right' takes more thought now which I find makes spellbreaker even more fun to play in group fights than it was before.

    Aggressive early bubbles were the skilled part of Winds with the highest risk to reward - penetrating deep into the enemy to drop the bubble and surviving. Defensive bubbles are easy "Oh kitten" buttons and just pushing the button in the middle of the engagement is also easy mode in comparison. It was a nerf to challenging usage while leaving the effects of unskilled button mashing in much the same place.

  • @Thelgar.7214 said:

    @Murderous Clown.9723 said:
    I really hope they don't ever go the route of reducing the cooldown or cast time of the skill. The PvP version should just share the PvE version with the 10s duration, and if it is determined to be too weak in WvW I'd rather they just revert the lack of pulse on first tick.

    One of the major appeals to me of playing warrior in WvW has always been the presence of a skill which is highly powerful, but awkward to cast and punishing to waste. Battle standard was that skill for years and winds has scratched the same itch for me, with the pressure of making sure you get a single skill cast right. If the skill became weaker and more spammable to compensate warrior will have lost one of the main things that makes it unique to play over other professions.

    Having played with the nerfed version during open tags and guild raids, I honestly think the skill is in a better place now. Aggressive early bubbles aren't getting as much done, but well timed defensive bubbles and aggressive ones on enemies that have already used some defensive cooldowns and dodges are still making a significant impact. Getting the bubble 'right' takes more thought now which I find makes spellbreaker even more fun to play in group fights than it was before.

    Aggressive early bubbles were the skilled part of Winds with the highest risk to reward - penetrating deep into the enemy to drop the bubble and surviving. Defensive bubbles are easy "Oh kitten" buttons and just pushing the button in the middle of the engagement is also easy mode in comparison. It was a nerf to challenging usage while leaving the effects of unskilled button mashing in much the same place.

    It's interesting how spellbreakers still have such different opinions on bubble usage even a year after they came in to the game.

    Funnily enough I always found aggressive early bubbles to be the easiest to land, and were the kind I usually went for since they were so consistently effective. Since you're on your own you can move yourself faster and more precisely than a whole enemy group, so you essentially get to determine the time at which you arrive on top of them and thus can make sure the bubble goes down at that precise moment. It takes a little bit of skill to read how they are moving, but you also get the benefit of no having to be stood on tag where most of the enemy attention is directed.

    Defensive bubbles on the other hand have a perfect time and place to land which will be out of your control, instead depending on how your opponents choose to play. Simply going "oh kitten" when you see them push at you will result in a bubble that is too early and doesn't catch anyone, and if it was a fake push you just wasted it completely. The challenge then is to find the timing to catch your opponents just as they have committed themselves fully whilst also positioning yourself to not be caught in the bomb you are trying to interrupt as you cast the skill. If you just stand on tag you are highly likely to get interrupted but you still have to stay close enough to get yourself there just as your bubble goes down.

    You could also keep hold of it until after this moment and and hope your team can handle dodging out of the first bubble while the enemy has none to worry about themselves. This is easy for you but not the rest of your group.

  • Whether the bubble is OP or not, the real problem is that it is one of Spellbreaker's Elite skill. Spellbreaker's signature skills: Bubble & Full counter. Warrior itself is pretty dull and boring class in terms of skill usage. Not that many rotations or powerful tricks under its sleeve. That being said, I am afraid that people will lose interest in playing Spellbreaker. In my humble opinion, Spellbreaker is worst PoF Elite specialization which isn't that different from the core warrior. Look at all other PoF Elite specializations. They are very unique, different from Core and HoT specializations. Warrior/Berzerker/Spellbreaker is just valued for being a banner slave in PvE. I have to agree that Berzerker was somewhat unique in its rage mechanism but it got nerfed and rarely played other than for the banner in PvE and some gimmick builds for open world and stuff.
    With the bubble nerf, what's next? People cry about full counter in PvP, so is Full counter next in line for the nerf?
    Fun is subjective. But c'mon whatever that is little different and cool about the Spellbreaker is just getting nerfed.
    I am not trying to argue about the balancing or OPness of the bubble. Just want to point out the bubble is the main thing that made people play Spellbreaker in WvW.
    Anet, can you please make warrior little less dull and fun? I don't know how, but right now, it is kitten boring to play. I bet warrior players will be next to nothing if it wasn't for the banner in PvE. I don't care if Anet removes the bubble from Spellbreaker as long as they make the class unique, different from its core class, and FUN.

  • WoD still good.

  • googel.3278googel.3278 Member ✭✭✭

    Warrior still has the power of Nike to run away. Now thats fun!

  • Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2018

    Spellbreaker is very boring to me because:
    1. I find the utilities/daggers to not be useful for much gameplay
    2. You can't play condi builds on it well since base warrior condi is utter kitten.
    3. Nerfing the elite hardly helps

  • Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭

    @googel.3278 said:
    Warrior still has the power of Nike to run away. Now thats fun!

    You mean run away from necro and guard only. The other classes have so much mobility and stealth that warrior does not even make it on the top 5 list:

    • Teef
    • Ranger
    • Mesmer
    • Revenant with teleports (Warrior never escapes revenant with teleports)
    • Engineer
    • Elementalist with (elite great sword)
    • Warrior
    • Guardian
    • Necro

    The warrior can run away for long distances if being chased because of endure pain, but they always take small damage from the top 5 classes and it always ends bad for the warrior:

    5 teefs chasing a warrior = dead warrior
    5 Warriors chasing a teef = teef lives

    5 rangers chasing a warrior = dead warrior
    5 Warriors chasing a ranger = ranger lives

    5 mesmers chasing a warrior = dead warrior
    5 Warriors chasing a mesmer = where the hell mesmer go? I am out of combat? What the hell?

    Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.