Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swift arrow is the one doing this today before reset yesterday it was the Hylek in Metrica.

On approaching the NPC the fight is active in the notification area, and there heath bar appears on screen however the NPC themself is green (friendly) and speeks dialog like the Challange has been finished.

Went to the Brisban Wildlands and encountered this Hero Challenge and I went to the marker. Only to discover that the HP bar of the Spirit appeared in the quest log (like every "boss" monster") before I even talked to it. So I walked up to the thing and saw that it is bugged since it doesn't even allow me to challenge it. I saw that a bunch of other people were also trying to do the challenge and apparently encountered the same issue. So I am posting this here to see if it can catch the attention of someone that can fix the issue, and to ask has anyone else encountered this bug on different servers.

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

Thanks for the quick response.

Just one concern:

it'll go into the next content update.That's not for a couple of weeks, right? That seems a long time for people to wait to complete a map. Do you think that maybe it's worth prioritizing this as a hotfix instead? (Currently, neither I nor anyone I know has encountered this issue, I just see more than a few posts a bout it.)

Separately... this might be a useful story to share with us later (maybe in a guild chat or AMA or something), about How Bad Things Can Happen to Good Code Changes. I think that's often as mysterious to many players as magic (or quantum mechanics or stats); I'd love to see you guys discuss this sort of thing to help more of us learn more about how RL programming works.

Here's the quote:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/719565/#Comment_719565@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

Hi there actualy 2 hero challenge i found bugged, one in Plains of Ashford the one near the Greysteel Armory WP and one in Diessa Plateau near the Charrgate Haven WP, from what i see and talked with a few guidmate there almost one per map some they are stuck in combat stance some not for me it seems it started at the same time as the halloween event. Any ideea if they do something about or we have to wait for the event to finish?