[Video] Power Mirage Roaming + gameplay tips

dubidubidubidu.5308

@Arlette.9684 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@rng.1024 said:Mooooooaaaaaarrrrr!

i try my best :)

@Arlette.9684 said:@"Jazz.4639" We wanna see you on NA! :heart:

haha <3 dunno if this will happen, over sea ping together with my in general bad connection is a pain.

Trust me, our average ping here is not much better, gotta love US internet providers.

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@rng.1024 said:Mooooooaaaaaarrrrr!

i try my best :)

@Arlette.9684 said:@"Jazz.4639" We wanna see you on NA! :heart:

haha <3 dunno if this will happen, over sea ping together with my in general bad connection is a pain.

I made the jump earlier in the year and the ping is surprisingly decent - though I'm lucky from UK with the nice direct undersea line. Occasionally I get some bad spikes but on good days it is usually around 120, sometimes up to 140ish, sometimes a bit lower. Not quite as snappy as 50, but still playable.

Inb4 Aus/NZ "You don't know what real lag is like". xD

for me its already bad in eu, with higher ping in addition it will annoy me to death i think ;)

@EikoLani.8592 said:

@"Colly.4073" said:Good fights in the video, but the build has really bad condition cleanse. How do you fair against a good scourge or other condi class?

His build is a high risk build which requires a lot of mobility and stealth
. His condition cleansing comes from
Jaunt
(remove one condition per jaunt), also, I would assume he's using
renewing oasis
a trait which helps mitigate conditions by reducing condition duration and provides him regeneration every time he using
mirage cloak
. Only flaw with with the use of this trait is that if a "good condition" thief was stacking a ton of poison he would have something to worry about as this trait doesn't affect poison but with the use of jaunt this is hardship that can be over come.

I don't think you can call a build high risk with the above comment. Even going full beserker stats.

• 2 weeks later...

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"Colly.4073" said:Good fights in the video, but the build has really bad condition cleanse. How do you fair against a good scourge or other condi class?

His build is a high risk build which requires a lot of mobility and stealth
. His condition cleansing comes from
Jaunt
(remove one condition per jaunt), also, I would assume he's using
renewing oasis
a trait which helps mitigate conditions by reducing condition duration and provides him regeneration every time he using
mirage cloak
. Only flaw with with the use of this trait is that if a "good condition" thief was stacking a ton of poison he would have something to worry about as this trait doesn't affect poison but with the use of jaunt this is hardship that can be over come.

I don't think you can call a build high risk with the above comment. Even going full beserker stats.

Risk is relative though. Stab knocks a lot of damage off the build forcing you to rely on amplifying damage by might from split surge because without superiority complex or mental anguish your F1 doesn't hit particularly hard vs what a holo can do with any photon forge skill.

I've played the build for well over 6 months and fought a wide variety of classes, a condi player of equal skill has a big advantage against you especially now vigor has been nerfed on mirage. Many current builds should not have too much of a difficulty with this kind of build and the build does worse and worse as more people get into a fight due to it's sacrifice of damage mods for on interrupt damage and clone generation which get cleaved out really easily.

There's certainly more risk to the build than say holo, condi mirage, druid/soulbeast, spellbreaker, perma stealth DE (with 1-2 other classes so no-one notices you). Those are what I see often and maybe those weird FB builds that never die

@"fost.9167" said:Probably not the place for it but i dont really enjoy GS but want to move away from hybrid... got any good tips tricks or builds for like sword/torch/scepter/pistol builds or should I give up now :)

hi no actually with all the buffs to scepter and sword offhand you can make a very strong powerbuild with the weapons you mentioned. prob not that usefull in conquest but for sure very good in wvw roaming and duelling. i would need more time to make a proper build incl testing different variants to find the best but this one sure worth a try: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAra8fnELDFMjVoBmpBMMjlVDrcDMCCAobhzwTwfAmAfgA-j1xHABA8QAC4IA89JAwL9D9s/o8jJlgvr+DpAyTrF-w

@apharma.3741 long time no see, welcome back :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi im back with a new wvw vid, (outnumbered) roaming/shirmishes with power mes (mirage and chrono) incl. a build preview for my new high burts quickness power chrono build i will use in the chono vid i promised to someone. chrono vid will need a while, because i need to get used to old dodges, old keybinds (i play chrono with some other keybinds than mirage) and chrono in general but you can see a bit of footage already in this vid! hope few of you can enjoy! feedback/ comment and likes also on youtube are welcome :)

Link:

Because you'll never see it on the WvW forum you sell out!

I do like the interrupt build, always have.

I was trying something similar with the quickness with chronophantasma, interestingly you get quickness from each time the phantasm despawns, but chronophantasma I think isn't worth it.

Nice vid as always.

First.

@apharma.3741 said:Because you'll never see it on the WvW forum you sell out!

I was trying something similar with the quickness with chronophantasma, interestingly you get quickness from each time the phantasm despawns, but chronophantasma I think isn't worth it.

Nice vid as always.

First.

haha thx again for taking the time to post it twice! but ofc i will see your comment in the other forum too, i get notifications about it! yes i think quickness is so much better than chronophantasma and i prefer stuff you can actively work with over npcs doing my work anyway. ;)

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"apharma.3741" said:Because you'll never see it on the WvW forum you sell out!

Nice vid as always.

First.

haha thx again for taking the time to post it twice! but ofc i will see your comment in the other forum too, i get notifications about it! yes i think quickness is so much better than chronophantasma and
i prefer stuff you can actively work with over npcs doing my work anyway.
;)

"Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers."

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@apharma.3741 said:Because you'll never see it on the WvW forum you sell out!

Nice vid as always.

First.

haha thx again for taking the time to post it twice! but ofc i will see your comment in the other forum too, i get notifications about it! yes i think quickness is so much better than chronophantasma and
i prefer stuff you can actively work with over npcs doing my work anyway.
;)

"Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers."

haha no, clones dont do anything at their own and as long as phantasms only attack once and are not op in dmg its ok ;)

• 2 weeks later...

new vid, 2v2 tournaments with power mirage. pls notice the vid description/ pinned comment as always! feedback/comments and likes also on youtube are welcome as always! textediting incl. some engl. subtitles for the german audio sequenzes i added this time. hope few of you can enjoy, :) also check the youtube channels from Nici (Rev) and Illithex (Thief, Multiclass), awesome player and youtuber (links in the vid-description).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if you can help advise me on a fight I had with a power mirage earlier.The fight was at the 2 hour 20 mins and 40 seconds mark on his stream below.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348431517

We fought 3 times and he won twice.TBH I fought half-blind as I knew only to dodge his Greatsword 2 while not really knowing when he was vulnerable to pressure.Appreciate if you can help provide any tips to fight against a power mirage.

Also like was he running a common power mirage build?And if you were to rate him out of 10 in accordance to the skill level of WvW roaming mirages, how much would he be?He was an Indomitable Legend title Power Mirage so I think that means he has crossed into legendary division in PvP.

@DedalNort.3627 said:It looks like Jazz got banned. So you have to wait or ask him at his youtube channel.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:Hello, I was wondering if you can help advise me on a fight I had with a power mirage earlier.It looks like Jazz got banned here. So you have to wait or go to his youtube channel and ask there.

wow okay.Hope its nothing serious and he gets back soon.Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:Hello, I was wondering if you can help advise me on a fight I had with a power mirage earlier.The fight was at the 2 hour 20 mins and 40 seconds mark on his stream below.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348431517

We fought 3 times and he won twice.TBH I fought half-blind as I knew only to dodge his Greatsword 2 while not really knowing when he was vulnerable to pressure.Appreciate if you can help provide any tips to fight against a power mirage.

Also like was he running a common power mirage build?And if you were to rate him out of 10 in accordance to the skill level of WvW roaming mirages, how much would he be?He was an Indomitable Legend title Power Mirage so I think that means he has crossed into legendary division in PvP.

hi sry for the late answer, sadly i cant watch the twitch clip, its not loading for me, maybe it got removed meanwhile?

tips vs power mirages in general: as you said dodge gs2 that is the most important, but also the phantasms (zerker from gs and torch phant) should be avoided (torch phant you often can just outkite by running out of range or away from the direction he is casting to or running into his back, important is, that the phantasm already stopped running and started to move his armes up otherwise it will just follow your direction and still hit you). always dodge or block into shattered clones never away from them otherwise they just run behind you and hit you right after your def skill runs out. only kite shattered clones when you have no defskill rdy to avoid the shatter from them. best moment to hit players (not only mirages) is right after they dodged, even when they have another dodge rdy there is a small window you can hit them most of the time (if they do not randomly double dodge for no reason). otherwise count dodges and be aware that they have a new dodge rdy after every weaponswap (in wvw at least). most vulnerable but also most dangerous are mirages when they are on gs, during sword/x is the defensive weaponset and only melee, so for that very predictable. staying near a power mirage who switched to gs and run in his back will annoy him and make it harder to hit skills just like for a bow ranger. but dont feel too safe, when he knows how to use automatic char alignment he can still hit you. mnost mirages even the rly good ones start blurred right after they swapped to s/x, so just be patient at this point and wait it out, burst after blurred (and maybe another dodge, depends on how paniced/ under pressure the mirage feels and if he is in invuln frame chaining or not). also try not to get immobilized by sword 3. without stun that is the only sure to hit burst start up we have now. some mirages like to wait a bit after they casted the clone to make you waste a dodge and then swap for the immob, here you need to have a feeling for the skill lvl of the mirage (is he baiting/mindgaming or not?).in general necro is in disadvantage vs power mes even tho that also depends on build of the necro a bit, there are some quite tanky ds heavy builds out with still a lot of dmg clearly have a chance to win when mes is not playing perfectly.i forgot: a good moment to hit a mirage is when they are leaping with sword ambush without being right in front of you already, then they cant cover the whole leap with the dodge frame but are stucked in the leap (take care for the swordclone he will leap and daze too, that he will not rupt you).with a good movement you can dictate a lot of the fight because the npcs are dumb and scripted in how they act. with kiting you can dictate a lot of timing the illusions start attacking or reaching you. sword leapes also from clones also like to miss a lot when you move in a good way (like cross their leap direction, run into their back, run out of their leap range etc).

and you can interupt phantasm casts so they become clones immediately and dont do phantasm dmg. they can also be blinded (good vs torchphant but will not avoid all gs zerker hits)

I don't know, but most of the times I feel power mirage vs power mirage fight is based on luck.

I am not a good power mirage by any mean, but it's happened many times I got susprised by a platinum or mithrill rank power mirage who played the profession for years and as a main, and turning back the fight I won and got trash talked in whispers.

And other times I get randomly killed by some footman power mirage who gets downed by pve mobs around the map, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Against other professions you can see the improvement of your fights, especially against warriors and holo which are very tough for me, but mirror match seems all luckluster for me.

@whoknocks.4935 said:I don't know, but most of the times I feel power mirage vs power mirage fight is based on luck.

I am not a good power mirage by any mean, but it's happened many times I got susprised by a platinum or mithrill rank power mirage who played the profession for years and as a main, and turning back the fight I won and got trash talked in whispers.

And other times I get randomly killed by some footman power mirage who gets downed by pve mobs around the map, it doesn't make any sense to me.

Against other professions you can see the improvement of your fights, especially against warriors and holo which are very tough for me, but mirror match seems all luckluster for me.

thats more about that rank means nothing not in pvp and even more not in wvw. and there are average or very untalented mesmer mains. so that doesnt rly say anything about how much skill is involved in a matchup. power mes vs power mes has some rdm stuff esp when superior complex trait oneshot builds get played or when both mesmer with these gs ambush abuse spam builds fight each other but all in all power shatter mes vs power shatter mes is skillbased. ofc a worse mes can win here and there vs a way better mes (for example when he lucky hits his burst first) but over a bigger number of duels the better mes would clearly win more (mirror build duels).

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:I don't know, but most of the times I feel power mirage vs power mirage fight is based on luck.

thats more about that rank means nothing not in pvp and even more not in wvw. and there are average or very untalented mesmer mains. so that doesnt rly say anything about how much skill is involved in a matchup. power mes vs power mes has some rdm stuff esp when superior complex trait oneshot builds get played or when both mesmer with these gs ambush abuse spam builds fight each other but all in all power shatter mes vs power shatter mes is skillbased. ofc a worse mes can win here and there vs a way better mes (for example when he lucky hits his burst first) but over a bigger number of duels the better mes would clearly win more (mirror build duels).

Yeah i think you are right.But if a guy always roamed with mesmer and he is platinum rank, he has years of experience with the profession (it was confirmed many times by them when I asked).And sometimes some of those guys whispers me: "wtf idiot hacking kitten"And to be honest sometimes in all the clones spam by both of us I am not sure why I won over them xD

But yeah maybe in 30 duels they will win constantly over me like 25 times.I think lag and ping plays a crucial role too.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:I don't know, but most of the times I feel power mirage vs power mirage fight is based on luck.

Yeah i think you are right.But if a guy always roamed with mesmer and he is platinum rank, he has years of experience with the profession (it was confirmed many times by them when I asked).And sometimes some of those guys whispers me: "kitten idiot hacking kitten"And to be honest sometimes in all the clones spam by both of us I am not sure why I won over them xD

But yeah maybe in 30 duels they will win constantly over me like 25 times.I think lag and ping plays a crucial role too.

lol the way they whisper already show their low knowledge and from that prob low skill on mesmer even after years of playing. maybe they karmatrained their way up or they just dont care about getting better. i dunno but it happens.

@whoknocks.4935 said:And to be honest sometimes in all the clones spam by both of us I am not sure why I won over them xD

hehe ofc when you both more or less random spam your skills and dodgeclones trying to find the other mesmer than yes it will mostly be random who wins, most likely the one with better crit- and hit- luck on gs ambush and better clone pathing at this point ;) but in duels with one or even both mesmer know what they are doing (except few builds i mentioned in the post before) than the better mes will clearly win more duels.

@whoknocks.4935 said:I don't know, but most of the times I feel power mirage vs power mirage fight is based on luck.Because just like the thief, the mesmer is a class that can catch people by surprise and take them out without a real fight. You know that thing we've been trying to argue in the thief thread, that thief vs mesmer is not a guaranteed win because both have the capability to roflstomp each other. The fight is often in favor of whoever is lucky enough to get the drop on the other, especially if both are glass.

• 4 weeks later...

@"Jazz.4639" said:hi all, new vid up, now the duels with my quickow burst chronobuild i couldnt use in the previous vid because it was 20 mins already. the bad erp intro was a request born out of a joke, so dont blame me :wink: if you dont like intros start the vid at 1:11

Where's the NSFW warning? There's an Asura with no clothes on!

Edit: Hmmm something I'm noticing about your fights is you're getting into a pattern that might be easy for other people to learn and exploit, are these not very challenging fights or something? Nice outplay of the ele at the end.

Also killing that rev made me happy.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:hi all, new vid up, now the duels with my quickow burst chronobuild i couldnt use in the previous vid because it was 20 mins already. the bad erp intro was a request born out of a joke, so dont blame me :wink: if you dont like intros start the vid at 1:11

Where's the NSFW warning? There's an Asura with no clothes on!

Edit: Hmmm something I'm noticing about your fights is you're getting into a pattern that might be easy for other people to learn and exploit, are these not very challenging fights or something? Nice outplay of the ele at the end.

Also killing that rev made me happy.

the asuras are not rly nacked hehenot sure what you mean, can you explain more pls?

As promised now the maybe last ranked pvp vid with power mirage with portal equipped. Footage is from pre portal nerf (S14). Currently im running Illusion of Life (IoL) instead portal. This vid also includes lot of rotations/ rotation decisions and not only fights, fights, fights. I try to explain my thoughts as good as i can. Hope you can enjoy! Support is always appreciated so pls leave a comment, like and a subs on youtube if you like! Notice the vid description as always! Thx!