Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it needs review of > @"Aleroth.8435" said:

Went to the Brisban Wildlands and encountered this Hero Challenge and I went to the marker. Only to discover that the HP bar of the Spirit appeared in the quest log (like every "boss" monster") before I even talked to it. So I walked up to the thing and saw that it is bugged since it doesn't even allow me to challenge it. I saw that a bunch of other people were also trying to do the challenge and apparently encountered the same issue. So I am posting this here to see if it can catch the attention of someone that can fix the issue, and to ask has anyone else encountered this bug on different servers.

@"Aleroth.8435" said:Went to the Brisban Wildlands and encountered this Hero Challenge and I went to the marker. Only to discover that the HP bar of the Spirit appeared in the quest log (like every "boss" monster") before I even talked to it. So I walked up to the thing and saw that it is bugged since it doesn't even allow me to challenge it. I saw that a bunch of other people were also trying to do the challenge and apparently encountered the same issue. So I am posting this here to see if it can catch the attention of someone that can fix the issue, and to ask has anyone else encountered this bug on different servers.

it's on all servers on Open World maps

Sorry for posting a new discussion (i now there is a merged one) but i did some Hero challenges after halloween build (1st one and completed Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom, Straits of Devastation) and never encountered such Hero Challenge (s) being stopped by its event stuck with it.So i call upon ArenaNet's Tech. team to review and make this bug high-priority because it's both blocking progress and confusing (if someone completed world and have content guide to show events it'll show hero challenges as events) and rest is for you to decide and i know you will.

@Nichtmitmir.3526 said:Did the bug exists before last patch (10-16-2018)? If not, I miss it in the release notes for last patch.If the bugged patch runned through QA, I am not sure how QA could help this time ...

The bug has existed for a loooooong time.

QA is to make sure the patch actually fixes what it is supposed to as opposed to not or possibly making it worse or breaking something else. That is the ideal case anyway ...

Also IF all these reports are actually from that bug mentioned above then I wonder why there are so many more people failing at the fights recently.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The Devs have stated that once the fix clears QA, it will be released with the following content update.

That can take up to 1 month

Or longer.The developer who mentioned the schedule was asked whether they thought this was urgent enough to warrant a hotfix; there has been no official response since. (To be fair, a well-functioning team wants to keep hotfixes to a minimum, because they suck up a lot of time that could be spent fixing other stuff. I just think that blocked map completion is probably worth making the exception.)

They are all about buged hero points.

Google transle this

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/719565/#Comment_719565

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

This is still bugged: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/58638/restless-arboreal-spirit-bugged-hero-point

Can't get this HP.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

This is still bugged:

Can't get this HP.

You quote it but dont bother to read it.

"Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update."

Have they said QA is finished with it and if yes have we had another content update after they said so?

EditThe dev quote was from the 19th so last friday answer no we havent heard anything else over the weekend and no we havent had a content update

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:You quote it but dont bother to read it.

For some reason, I thought we had an update today. My mistake.

Even if we did it said content update we had that last week.We wont get any more content before next living story update would be my guess.

and that is exactly the problem here. If this fix really goes into the next content update, it could be months away. Instead of shipping a fix that is clearly done, according to a dev, they literally explain how to cause the bug. And a day later, every single fighting-hero point is bugged.I can't be the only one who thinks this is just ridiculous. It looks like Anet do not only NOT CARE, it's like they actively sabotage their own game. I can't hit myself with enough facepalms to endure this.

tl;dr: Next content update might be months away. Instead of Fixing it, they explain how to cause the bug. Why?

We don't know if the 'fix' has passed QA, yet. It wouldn't do any good to patch in fix that either didn't work, or broke other content.I'm sure the Devs and the QA Team want this issue resolved as soon as possible, and will release the fix as soon as they are satisfied and allowed.

Don't forget you can visit the Heroics Notary to complete Hero Challenges, as well.

Good luck.