Art Issues: Characters, Weapons, Armor - [Merged]

Human / Female / Thief

When combining the SWINDLER COAT and the STALWART GLOVES, three fingers of the gloves turn bright red, despite the fact that all 3 dye channels are colored with Shadow Abyss.

gVSsdxf.jpg

I previewed other coats with these gloves, and other gloves with this coat. This is the only combination I found that does this. (My picture doesn't show it, but BOTH gloves are affected. Swapping out the pants doesn't seem to make a difference).

@"Melgowan.7284" said:Item: Forged Glider [Gems Store]Race: CharrGender: MaleProfession: any

Greatswords and Shortbows on the Back start to float around in a loop while gliding on the Forged Glider. [Video]

YDBI2hL.jpgsLhqoxk.jpg

Edit: In addition to Gratswords and Shortbows, I can confirm Staffs and Hammers behaving very similary, albeit less notable as the rotation is not as violent.

@"winters edge.3840" said:Race : HumanGender : FemaleDescription : Scaled Dragon Wing Glider is not the same coloring as the back piece. I have attached multiple screenshots.https://imgur.com/a/AUaGrdHhttps://imgur.com/a/fAn27Zdhttps://imgur.com/a/p0N6lXQhttps://imgur.com/a/Y3Dz2Rn

This isn't a bug. Gliders and back pieces are two separate things in the game code, despite having the same appearance. The back piece cannot be dyed; it will always remain its "default" colors, but you can dye the glider.

Item: Bounty Hunter's MantleRace: SylvariGender: MaleProfession: MesmerDescription: The face of the character go completely through the mantle when wielding a staff

[url=http://www.noelshack.com/2018-41-3-1539167318-gw098.jpg]http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2018/41/3/1539167318-gw098.png[/url]Hero Panel: [url=http://www.noelshack.com/2018-41-3-1539167319-gw099.jpg]http://image.noelshack.com/minis/2018/41/3/1539167319-gw099.png[/url]

Disturbing human flesh-tongue

9moIws7.jpg

This specific head option from the crownstore has a strange texture inside the mouth. When the character speaks, it shows clearly.

8TluwFL.png

It appears the usual Tongue texture is replaced by matte human skin. The thought of having the inside of my mouth being human skin disturbs me. That the skin glows through the mouth cavety when open is too a concern.

Armor/outfit glitchFemale Sylvari Soulbeast (One character only! My other female sylvari is fine...)

My main is bust, and I can't deal. It's been a week now and I've sent one ticket so far... please help fix this :'(

The problem is a weird red aura/outline glow in her gear and outfit (any gear or outfit, even her undergarments). The bug is visible to others.

I've tried everything from relogging to changing gear, patching to testing different graphics options. I am not a 100% sure but I _believe _this happened when I fought Mad King Thorn in Ascent to Madness and after fooled around with Bloody Prince's Staff Toy Novelty.

Vd5n7ix.jpg?109XDrtq.jpg?1wJ3ECVb.jpg?2gjAD3Bn.jpg?1

@"Xndh.1038" said:Armor/outfit glitchFemale Sylvari Soulbeast (One character only! My other female sylvari is fine...)

My main is bust, and I can't deal. It's been a week now and I've sent one ticket so far... please help fix this :'(

The problem is a weird red aura/outline glow in her gear and outfit (any gear or outfit, even her undergarments). The bug is visible to others.

I've tried everything from relogging to changing gear, patching to testing different graphics options. I am not a 100% sure but I _believe _this happened when I fought Mad King Thorn in Ascent to Madness and after fooled around with Bloody Prince's Staff Toy Novelty.

Vd5n7ix.jpg?109XDrtq.jpg?1wJ3ECVb.jpg?2gjAD3Bn.jpg?1

Looks like the effect you get when you equip a Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Red). You sure it's not because you have it equipped?

Sure, but what do you think they should do when a character has a bulky back-piece visible and a back-carry (usually two-handed, but also shields) weapon?

There are many ways to solve this, and most of them will be unsatisfactory in some way or other. ArcheAge has a similar problem (with up to four different things you can have on your back, in fact, although I think it's impossible to have all four types active on one character), and their solution was to create a priority system - your character's back shows whichever of the back-carried items is highest in priority, and the priority is assigned by the player. The downside is that if you give your shield the highest priority, then your glider, the glider appears and disappears as you wield and stow your shield. It's the least unsatisfactory, I think, because if you don't like a particular thing being "preferred", you can change it to suit you, but even then it isn't perfect.

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:Sure, but what do you think they should do when a character has a bulky back-piece visible and a back-carry (usually two-handed, but also shields) weapon?

There are many ways to solve this, and most of them will be unsatisfactory in some way or other. ArcheAge has a similar problem (with up to four different things you can have on your back, in fact, although I think it's impossible to have all four types active on one character), and their solution was to create a priority system - your character's back shows whichever of the back-carried items is highest in priority, and the priority is assigned by the player. The downside is that if you give your shield the highest priority, then your glider, the glider appears and disappears as you wield and stow your shield. It's the least unsatisfactory, I think, because if you don't like a particular thing being "preferred", you can change it to suit you, but even then it isn't perfect.

Yea! I would rather have that it just shows one of the items! That wouldn't be too complicated to do no? People could turn it on and off in the settings no?

@Dainank.1308 said:

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:Sure, but what do you think they should do when a character has a bulky back-piece visible
and
a back-carry (usually two-handed, but also shields) weapon?

Yea! I would rather have that it just shows one of the items! That wouldn't be too complicated to do no? People could turn it on and off in the settings no?

The idea is, indeed, that the player can turn it on or off using the settings, or perhaps a widget in the Hero panel, since it's almost guaranteed that people will want different priorities on different characters. As for how hard it is for ArenaNet to build, well, I have no idea. If you're designing it in from the beginning, it's not so bad, but retrofitting it has strong possibilities of being ... awkward.

Item: Shifting Sands Rifle [black Lion Skin]Race: HumanGender: Female (but i think it will affect males and other races as well)Profession: Thief

Issue: Offset for firing/muzzle animation is wrong. this is for all deadeye rifle skills kneeling or otherwise. Should be at the tip of the barrel and not at the junction between the receiver and the barrel!

MLdRCCs.jpg

I think we can conclude that collectively, we would like to be able to determine if your backpiece, your stowed weapon or both take precedence. This should not be too hard to fix and does not really require any resources. I suppose that Arena Net are already looking into this though since they have a thread dedicated to this problem. Either way, thanks for all the feedback guys, and have a wonderful day!

Looks like the effect you get when you equip a Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Red). You sure it's not because you have it equipped?

This actually solved the problem... I can't thank you enough! This was the first time I came across such an effect, I feel like a total noob now (after some five, six years of playing the game) :D Cheers mate!