Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

@Achraf Hidouri.8029 said:Sorry for posting a new discussion (i now there is a merged one) but i did some Hero challenges after halloween build (1st one and completed Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom, Straits of Devastation) and never encountered such Hero Challenge (s) being stopped by its event stuck with it.So i call upon ArenaNet's Tech. team to review and make this bug high-priority because it's both blocking progress and confusing (if someone completed world and have content guide to show events it'll show hero challenges as events) and rest is for you to decide and i know you will.

Do not post a new discussion on the same topic. There is no need to call upon the team to do anything, since a dev already is active in this thread (into which your thread was merged). Always post in an existing thread, when possible, as that helps us see the depth of a problem, as opposed to a lot of separate threads.

I just came across this bug in Straits of Devastation, Rally Waypoint: the HP npc only lets you talk and close the conversation; there's no option to actually commence the HP.

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

So zone completion will be impossible for another week, at the very least...?

@MorganOneNine.1025 said:I just came across this bug in Straits of Devastation, Rally Waypoint: the HP npc only lets you talk and close the conversation; there's no option to actually commence the HP.

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

So zone completion will be impossible for another week, at the very least...?

You could possibly use a Proof of Heroics for that last Hero Challenge, if you have some.

Good luck.

@Maria Murtor.7253 said:Same problem here: One last Hero Challenge (Swift Atrow, Caledon Forest) missing for 100 % World Completion. Scrolls of Heroics doesn't work. I just get Hero points but no map completion (used more than 10 Scrolls).

You probably have to enter the map (again, after using the scroll) for it to count.

I've hit so many in the past two days that were bugged, that I had to stop trying to get hero points. The frustrating part of this is that I began focusing on picking up hero points as an alternative to progressing personal quest lines, which are themselves bugged and frequently crash without completing at the very end... forcing a complete redo.

I may have to take a break for a while in hopes that some of these quality issues can be resolved while I do something else.

@Lilodelacroix.8714 said:

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

can we just get ONE good reason why a progression-stopping bug like this isn't treated like the gamebreaking bug it is? Why is the fix, as it is apparently finished, not shipped as a hotfix? How can it be okay that Map completion, trait-progession and leggy-crafting is literally blocked, while the fix is ready?

It really gives a feeling as if you guys just aren't interested in the experience of players anymore :/I am very disappointed. :-1:

QA has to make sure, that the bugfix does not break something else. Releasing a fix for what seems to be a small thing may have unexpected consequences, it's not as easy as it seems to be.

To be fair, it's nowhere near gamebreaking. It's not cool and would better be fixed soon, but gamebreaking is something, that hinders you to acctually play the game. This hinders you to complete maps yes, but you still can play the game. Most likely it's even possible to complete all specializations without these HP's.

@Lilodelacroix.8714 said:

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

can we just get ONE good reason why a progression-stopping bug like this isn't treated like the gamebreaking bug it is? Why is the fix, as it is apparently finished, not shipped as a hotfix? How can it be okay that Map completion, trait-progession and leggy-crafting is literally blocked, while the fix is ready?

It really gives a feeling as if you guys just aren't interested in the experience of players anymore :/I am very disappointed. :-1:

Because, to be fair, it's not "progression-stopping" in any sense of the term. Leveling to 80 gives you all the hero points you need to fully rank up all core specializations. The only things Tyrian Hero Challenges really do for the player is accelerate the process slightly. As for elite specializations, hero points in expansion maps are the desired places to earn Hero Points as you earn 10x the amount, and they're not broken.

The only thing being halted is Map completion. That can wait for the next update.

@SpinDashMaster.5680 said:

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:This morning I fixed a bug that was affecting several skill challenges where if you ran away after starting the skill challenge, the NPC would turn friendly but leave the event active, so they wouldn't respond to new challengers. Once QA confirms the fix, it'll go into the next content update.

Because, to be fair, it's not "progression-stopping" in any sense of the term. Leveling to 80 gives you all the hero points you need to fully rank up all core specializations. The only things Tyrian Hero Challenges really do for the player is accelerate the process slightly. As for elite specializations, hero points in expansion maps are the desired places to earn Hero Points as you earn 10x the amount, and they're not broken.

The only thing being halted is Map completion. That can wait for the next update.

If you are trying to craft any of the legendary weapons of the first generation, tell me how are you going to get your required Gift of Exploration.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

If you are trying to craft any of the legendary weapons of the first generation, tell me how are you going to get your required Gift of Exploration.

proof of heroics.

anyway, if you compare this bug and the long time it has been around, with the quick fixing of some minor issues it is really troublesome. Why not push a hot fix?

I do not need it, but I mentor a lot, and the newbies really are all disappointed. This isn't good anet. This is ridiculous. 'some gemstore item has a cosmetic issue on some charr' hotfix. 'hp are broken' nothing happens for weeks.

Seriously?