Bug: Tower Down [Merged]

ok guys the problem with this quest is - the mormax pack stay up on the hill while tonn down on the beach its dosent matter if u kill all risen before speak with tornn or any thing like this the only thing that metter is - when u get close to the third tower and u see tonn start place the bomb near the tower run up to the hill and stand near the pack mormax when the tower destroy tonn will respand near the mormax pack and thats it he will stay there then u clear the beach and go cack to tonn and it will workthe scond option is to let the mormax die like some 1 say before me

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

What i did recently and it worked is, run strait to 3rd tower from entrance ignoring mobs, Tonn spawned next to me and placed the bomb. Then i took my time killing mobs slowly, let kraits to spawn 2 stacks of unded, killed those, then only killed kraits. That worked for me

• ArenaNet Staff

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug, using different approaches. He's following the player, so he won't head to the next site on his own. You need to go to the spot where you want him to plant the bomb. In the screenshot, the player is too far from the tower, which is past the large branch. It looks like the minimap is zoomed out a bit, so it's difficult to tell that you're not in the right spot.

Having been trapped in this instance several times now. I can recreate the bug 100% of the time. In fact I can not get past this. It is simple. Enemy NPC spawns inside tower, you cannot hit him (obstructed) & he heals like you have broken of the fight plus my pets will not or cannot attack them. Tonn blows the tower, Enemy npc is now stuck under the reckage - no way of killing them. So bugged bugged & doubled bugged. I have tried clearing all enemy NPC's before talking to Tonn - only to find that an enemy NPC has now appeared inside the tower (I checked carefully before I spoke to Tonn & they defo weren't there before). This happens EVERYTIME I try to play this mission so I GIVE UP. I cannot believe that the devs cannot recreate this. It is happening to too many players, what are we crazy, do you not believe us? The solution is really obvious - STOP SPAWNING enemy NPC's inside towers, make it so they cannot even track in there, thats what causing the problem. And if Tonn has blown the tower he should move on & not stay there because of one mob that cannot be killed. Someone tell me why this has not been fixed for so long.

@Jeffrey Vaughn.1793 said:I haven't been able to reproduce this bug, using different approaches. He's following the player, so he won't head to the next site on his own. You need to go to the spot where you want him to plant the bomb. In the screenshot, the player is too far from the tower, which is past the large branch. It looks like the minimap is zoomed out a bit, so it's difficult to tell that you're not in the right spot.

Just rewrite the script. If you can't solve it and it's been a bug for 6 years just rewrite it lol... I know might take extra 20 minutes but clearly it's a massive issue and a real annoying one... I recorded the entire thing myself he was just stuck at tower 2 and never moved from there.

After reading

@"Game Update Notes: August 28, 2018" :Tower Down: Fixed a bug that could cause Demolitionist Tonn to become unresponsive at the end of the chapter.@"Game Update Notes: October 30, 2018" :Tower Down: Fixed a bug in which the marmox could refuse to progress through the cave.Tower Down: Tonn will now move to destroy the towers, even if he's out of position.I naively thought I could play and complete this mission. My mistake, I still can't. Tonn won't move at all after blowing the second tower, even after clearing up to the third tower.

@Fumigene.5076 said:After reading

@"Game Update Notes: August 28, 2018" :Tower Down: Fixed a bug that could cause Demolitionist Tonn to become unresponsive at the end of the chapter.@"Game Update Notes: October 30, 2018" :Tower Down: Fixed a bug in which the marmox could refuse to progress through the cave.Tower Down: Tonn will now move to destroy the towers, even if he's out of position.I naively thought I could play and complete this mission. My mistake, I still can't. Tonn won't move at all after blowing the second tower, even after clearing up to the third tower.

Either the fix didn't make it into the build, or it worked on the dev server but didn't work for some reason on the live server. Sucks completely, but one of those two things has to be the answer.

Actually, what is the correct/best category to report this bug using the in-game system?

@Fumigene.5076 said:Tonn won't move at all after blowing the second tower, even after clearing up to the third tower.To be more specific:Since he didn't want to move with me after the 2nd tower I went ahead to clear the 3rd, then came back to talk to him, and he still wouldn't follow me, or even move at all.

@Fumigene.5076 said:Actually, what is the correct/best category to report this bug using the in-game system?

@Fumigene.5076 said:Tonn won't move at all after blowing the second tower, even after clearing up to the third tower.To be more specific:Since he didn't want to move with me after the 2nd tower I went ahead to clear the 3rd, then came back to talk to him, and he still wouldn't follow me, or even move at all.

This what happen with me too. He just stood still at the 2nd tower.

@Kane.1978 said:

@"Ray Koopa.2354" said:This was fixed in a recent update IIRC

How? I did it last night and it bugged out. Please don't spread fakenews.

Update from October 30th, 2018:"Personal StoryTower Down: Fixed a bug in which the marmox could refuse to progress through the cave.Tower Down: Tonn will now move to destroy the towers, even if he's out of position."

Maybe that helps you figuring out something. Just worked fine for me when playing the instance as intended.

This happened to me because there was always an NPC alive under the demolished tower #2 (this was before the fix, so don't know if it was fixed), it happened every time until I realised what was going on. I killed all the enemies around all the towers before demolishing any towers and Tonn, or the marmox, would finnaly not get bugged out.