Additional supported languages — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Additional supported languages

Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 30, 2018 in Oct 2018: Localization

Are there any plans to add new supported languages to the game? We have seen a few threads recently with players wanting their language to be supported. The thread about Russian being one that I can remember off the top of my head.

What challenges are typically faced with extending additional language support?

Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for asking the question. Related: people also ask a lot about additional character sets, including Cyrillic.
    It would be very interesting to hear the nitty gritty from the localization team, to flesh out the short explanations @Gaile Gray.6029 has posted in response to both questions.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.