[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I would like a view option on the story journal that will show you a path track for the current character or across all characters. It would be really great to be able to see which story paths you chose, or which path for the specific story you are currently on (original, living world, HOT, and POF).

Doing some kind of view for the paths you chose will help players who want to work on story content together figure out which characters to match up. There is nothing story wise more frustrating than going through a whole section and not getting credit on your character.

1. Could you please make a button "sell all the minor/major sigils and runes" to the merchants or add them to the junk? (the improvement of salvaging helped a lot, but...) I salvage a lot and selling these tiny annoying things is extremely annoying since they are useless to me mostly and too cheap to sell at BLM. I'd rather get rid of them in one click.

2. Maybe it's because I'm quite a sensitive person, but the way charr move in their default - four legged position makes me feel a bit nauseous. I'm VERY sensitive to bad FOV and playing with a charr gives me similar feelings. As if the surroundings moved too slow to how the charr does. Maybe it has to do with the camera and them running on all fours, different to all the other races. I'd like to play with my charr more but feeling slightly nauseous or having to use a mount all the time is tiring and annoying in a long term.

3. Could you somehow prevent some rare and soulbound weapons to be automatically salvaged when "salvage all the rares" is used? I destroyed a few pieces of weapon this way already :disappointed:

1. PLEASE make the Beetle more maneuverable when it's in high speeds!! Also, why there is no looong, nice race track for them yet? I'm sure everyone would be happy to chase on something that actually lets them to feel the air and speed without a need of constant worry if we're going crash into a rock : ] The dunes in the Crystal Desert are great for that, but that's mostly it and they're a bit too small area... Even a tiny bush, or crazy, a misplaced sand shark can stop me from enjoing the ride :(

Also I want to speak about something that is here since a long time too and never understood why, if it's a rendering issue or not but here it is:

Why BOW don't have STRING ?!!! We can even see them on items arts! Just check it out! Our character when used a bow is basically a fool trying to catch a non-existent string, seriously, wth? I think this thing is ONE of the most basic thing in any MMO, having a bow with a string! Or maybe I'm not using the good setting?EDIT: Confirm that strings aren't shown in preview window.

Second request: Allow posters to delete their own comments on the forums!!!! Big thanks if you do that!

IT IS JUST SOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!! I'm on level 80, doing the last chapters of the story and this window pop up all the time... I wanna enjoy for the story line and missions, but I just get mad all the time!!!! Please, please, please!!! Do something with this! I really like this game, till now this was my only one problem, but man, sooo annoying!!!!

I made a separate post and was told to bring it here because it seemed fairly QOL related.But I am doing this one on my phone so I apologise for the possible spelling errors because I may fat finger the typing area.Here goes:

Are you someone who sometimes likes to dedicate times to just go out into the world and collect those achievements? Getting points to show how far and wide you have searched for things and to show off what you have fought or participated in.

As any achievement hunter knows, the nearlt completed section can be a pretty great blessing until the section is only suggesting PVP achievements from when you did play it more often but you are more in the mood for a PVE achievement. To find one, you have to seek them out yourself. This seems pretty inconvenient considering the system already can pick out close ones but it just falls short on recommending one you might like.

To this I suggest:TABS TO THE NEARLY COMPLETED SECTION.All - PvE - PvP - WvW

It would be nice to see what collection or creature slaying I can do next instead of seeing the two PvP guardian achievements that I have sitting there that I just don't want to do because I am not much of a PvPer, especially nowadays and my Guardian is no longer going to secure me wins anyway because I am a shameful mouse ability clicker and that means I can't finish the achievements.

Agreed, this is super annoying. And it won't go away once you've unlocked masteries/etc.; it will just pop up and reappear annoyingly any time you get to a full XP bar, regardless of whether or not you have enough mastery points for whatever the next thing you want to unlock is. Please, Arenanet, just make it appears once per session, or once per login, or something. We don't need the annoying popup after every single instance of potential XP gain. We know we've got a full XP bar, we really do.

@hugo.4705 said:Halloween tonics which are actually dropped by every mob, should be sell-able to vendors for coppers.

Honestly, same with the food that has no worth on the market anymore.

I'd be happy to sell tonics at a basic merchant and then perhaps have an event similar to Wintersday where maybe we give all our Halloween treats to the orphans again or something and we can get karma in return or something.

I am sick of halloween clogging my inventory when I want to open bags for candy corn and the other crafting items.

1. Personally, I'd find it very useful if GW2 had a 'quick stack' option like Terraria has to move items from your inventory into your bank (the bank bank, not the material bank) if those items are already in there. For example, my bank contains tomes of experience, scrolls of experience, black lion chests, etc. Over time, these drop into my inventory as loot. Currently, I visit the bank every once in a while and manually move these items from my inventory to my bank, onto their respective stacks.What would be useful is a feature I can click somewhere that would automatically move all those items to the bank if they already exist in there. I wouldn't mind if it were part of the 'Deposit materials' option or a separate option on the inventory options menu, or an option on the bank, as long as it were an option somewhere.

2. Speaking of depositing materials, I also wouldn't mind if there were an option to automatically deposit all materials from my inventory AND compact the inventory in one step, as these are the two most frequent actions I do in managing inventory and I always do both. Currently, it's click-options-menu-then-click-deposit-then-click-compact. A simple icon on the inventory header that does all three clicks in one would save me from an RSI riddled future.

3. Or, alternatively, if there were a flag I could tick (defaulting to off) which would always compact on deposit I'd be happy with that.

4. Or, building on the above, it would be even nicer if there were a flag (off by default) I could set to automatically deposit and compact on ANY materials coming into inventory I'd give you my firstborn. I know others are happy to see the loot in there, but I'm fine with watching the loot scroll up the side of the screen to see what I've received.

5. Building even further, it would be fabulous if there were an option to automatically consume luck if MF < 300, defaulting to off. I'm working up to 300 MF so I'm constantly consuming any luck that drops.

6. Do the bank tabs have any compact option? I don't remember seeing one. It would be incredible if the bank could be compacted. Once you've got half a dozen tabs it starts to get hard to keep track of how many stacks of what items you have.

7. And, of course, when you click F near the bank vendor the bank should take precedence over any common NPC standing nearby whose only line of dialogue is "hello". If I ever want to talk to Mr One-Word-Vocabulary, I'll select him.

8. P.S. It would be useful to be able to consume a number of tomes of knowledge in bulk, as I do when I do a key-run. Currently, you double-click each one and have to respond to the dialog that pops up. If there were an option in the Tome's drop-down menu like "Use " that prompted you how many you wanted to use (or for simplicity just an option like "Use 10" because level 10 is what a toon needs to be to get that black lion key in the personal story) and it used up that number of tomes with only one confirmation prompt, that would be AWESOME. Of course, I'd still have to go through all the level-up prompts from those icons that build up just above the map, but at least the process would be a little smoother.

Selected novelty icon in the icon box of the Novelties tab on skill bar

At first I thought there was something wrong with my UI when the icon box of the Novelties tab on skill bar didn't change no matter which novelty I selected and it was the same gray diamond on black background icon for everything and I even contacted support about it and was informed that there was nothing wrong with my UI and that it was the intended design. I was surprised that something so obvious wasn't even implemented. I understand that there are key-binds for each novelty types but I don't use those so it would be less annoying if I could visually see which item I have selected as active and which would activate when I press my "Equip/Unequip Novelty" hotkey.

Gw2 s next 2 big development should be1 - WvW Alliance System2- A new race ( its about time , game is big people need this )Also show some love to dungeons , searching for party from different maps (like pvp queue) would be quite usefull , if u dont want to give more dungeon content , just make it more viable so people cannot be able to say that its dead

@"Neoniac.2813" said:Gw2 s next 2 big development should be1 - WvW Alliance System2- A new race ( its about time , game is big people need this )Also show some love to dungeons , searching for party from different maps (like pvp queue) would be quite usefull , if u dont want to give more dungeon content , just make it more viable so people cannot be able to say that its dead

Dungeons hell yeah - just up the rewards to be more than now and still less than fractals (dungs are easier after all) and hit that diminishing returns button hard. Actually you could implement the same daily chest and valuable junk item systems, just add junk items that are worth less or drop less frequently. A typical T4 + recs run nets around 12-20g in my experience. That's six "paths". So by that logic, if we look at the worst case scenario, one "path" nets 2g. Well, how about awarding the player with junk worth around 1g per path. That's 3g per cleared dungeon. Right now, Arah is the only one with that sort of rewards - I think all of them should be around that number, and Arah a bit higher. Or something, I'm no economist, let alone a virtual one, but dungeons just seem so unrewarding other than the joy of completing them, that is.

Also - new race? One word: Largos. Though I think that might be a touch too badass for Tyria to handle.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

@"Neoniac.2813" said:Gw2 s next 2 big development should be1 - WvW Alliance System2- A new race ( its about time , game is big people need this )Also show some love to dungeons , searching for party from different maps (like pvp queue) would be quite usefull , if u dont want to give more dungeon content , just make it more viable so people cannot be able to say that its dead

Dungeons hell yeah - just up the rewards to be more than now and still less than fractals (dungs are easier after all) and hit that diminishing returns button hard. Actually you could implement the same daily chest and valuable junk item systems, just add junk items that are worth less or drop less frequently. A typical T4 + recs run nets around 12-20g in my experience. That's six "paths". So by that logic, if we look at the worst case scenario, one "path" nets 2g. Well, how about awarding the player with junk worth around 1g per path. That's 3g per cleared dungeon. Right now, Arah is the only one with that sort of rewards - I think all of them should be around that number, and Arah a bit higher. I mean, 35s for clearing a dungeon path is just... pathetic. I'm no economist, let alone a virtual one, but dungeons just seem so unrewarding other than the joy of completing them, that is.

Also - new race? One word: Largos. Though I think that might be a touch too kitten for Tyria to handle.

@"TheLadyCorvus.5916" said:It would be great for collectors to be able to sort out trading post items that you already have unlocked (like minis, dyes, and gear). Trying to sift through pages and pages of dyes and the like is irritating just to find the ones that you don't already have.

I've looked many times in the past for an option of sorting like this, and have yet to find one, so please let me know if this is already available and I'm just overlooking it.

A simple "only show locked" function or filter would do wonders, I agree.

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

Dungeons hell yeah - just up the rewards to be more than now and still less than fractals (dungs are easier after all) and hit that diminishing returns button hard. Actually you could implement the same daily chest and valuable junk item systems, just add junk items that are worth less or drop less frequently. A typical T4 + recs run nets around 12-20g in my experience. That's six "paths". So by that logic, if we look at the worst case scenario, one "path" nets 2g. Well, how about awarding the player with junk worth around 1g per path. That's 3g per cleared dungeon. Right now, Arah is the only one with that sort of rewards - I think all of them should be around that number, and Arah a bit higher. I mean, 35s for clearing a dungeon path is just... pathetic. I'm no economist, let alone a virtual one, but dungeons just seem so unrewarding other than the joy of completing them, that is.

Also - new race? One word: Largos. Though I think that might be a touch too kitten for Tyria to handle.

It would also be nice if they just removed the possibility of Dungeons being contested. It honestly makes it so frustrating to want to do a dungeon and they are just always contested. It makes getting a party during events even worse than it already is.

SUGGESTION: Add an option in Settings for how in-game mail should be accepted.

• Accept mail from Anet/Game Only
  • Accept mail from Anet/Game + Friends
  • Accept mail from everyone

The reason for this is pretty simple - some malicious user could make a RMT and have the gold sent to someone else's account in an attempt to get them banned. The person the gold was sent to is a victim and there's nothing they can do to prevent this from happening. By default, I think the setting should be "Accept mail from Anet/Game + Friends". However, there should be away to tip people in-game (such as tipping mesmers for helping with a Jumping Puzzle, or tipping Commanders for leading a squad), so the option to accept mail from everyone should be available (unless you implement a new way to tip people in-game, such as with a /tip command with a maximum tip of 10 gold).

A couple good example of these malicious attempts can be found at the following links:

UPDATE: Another option would be removing items/gold from mail entirely (except mail from Anet/game) and bring back the trading system (like from GW1) where players have to meet with each other and "trade" to give each other items/gold.

I know i mentioned it awhile back, But I would love to see some GW1 items appear into GW2. Call it historic wearable cosmetic items like : Tengu Mask , elite Dance emotes (disco ball anyone) etc. Id literally sell my Ele soul for the old school dance emote (shake it baby) & to see some masks and items come back .

Before receiving a mail, have a confirmation message with the name of the author of the mail asking if you want to accept it , ignoring and deleting it or block further mail from that author + deleting it.

And ASAP: Unability to send a mail to an offline player/ marqued as invisible player.

@"Kencussion.9273" : you should add "only accept from game", because even your "friends" can backstab you.

Removing the soulbound aspect of non-crafted Guild Weapons. Only made the mistake once myself but saw a couple more threads show up on reddit.

Removing the soulbound aspect of all 24 and 28 slot bags/boxes/packs. I'd make more of them if I could put them on any character, slowly and surely instead of just ignoring them until I have the megabucks to buy the necessary runes to make a 32 slot bag straight away to avoid the soulbound aspect.

Doubly annoying for the Olmakhan Bandolier which has an accountbound Masterwork 20 slot and Ascended 32 slot but the rare 24 and exotic 28 both have the soulbound on use aspect. WvW could also do with upgrade recipes for WvW satchels and maybe the Halloween ones too.

For next Halloween; a Greatest Gift of Candy Corn which turns the home node into a Rich Candy Corn Vein giving 10 hits as final upgrade to it.

And a similar upgrade or upgrade system for the quartz node to turn it into a rich node to give it 6-10 hits per harvest.