Elder Dragons Fanart

Sabs.3962

g8yVOZ9.jpg

Hopefully this is in the right place?

Really I dunno if nothing else to it, Felt like drawing some Elder Dragons! I guess why not post.. them too?Bubbles and Jormag are a free interpretation, but atleast something to fill in all of the 6.

Might post more stuff if anything else turns out neat.Feedback is always welcome! That's all, thanks. Have a good evening, morning, day..!

• Like 2

I love it. Haven't seen any art of all the six Elder Dragons together before, even though the idea is perfect.You managed to capture this "The Commander against the forces of nature" -theme so well! The dragons look threatening, the colors are wonderful and the commander character looks so brave, standing there alone! Also, I love the way you picture Bubbles.This is a masterpiece.

@Fundor.2098 said:I love it. Haven't seen any art of all the six Elder Dragons together before, even though the idea is perfect.You managed to capture this "The Commander against the forces of nature" -theme so well! The dragons look threatening, the colors are wonderful and the commander character looks so brave, standing there alone! Also, I love the way you picture Bubbles.This is a masterpiece.

Thanks ever so much! The forces of nature feel is what I wanted to establish with this one definately! Also glad you like bubbles, I always did envision that guy to have a very bioluminscent deep sea, almost ghostly fish vibe. That + a little bit of extreme sharks.

@Kyano.1652 said:I get fantasy book cover vibes from this. It's a dark piece but not to the point where the details are hidden in complete shadow; great bounce light. Awesome work!

Glad you feel that way. This was abit of a value study for me aswell. I feel I've managed well, but in all honesty I feel it's slightly cluttered and the flow though somewhat works, could've had more focus on the hero character in the center. Nonetheless, glad I've seemed to overall hit the proper marks. Thanks for your comment!

@Therzin.5894 said:This is pretty amazing. If this was available as a large print, I'd probably buy it and hang it up.

Thanks for your nice words! I don't know if I can do anything about the size, but I can give it a look. See if I can further this piece somehow. Make it bigger y'know.

@yoshifreak.7526 said:That's looks awesome! They all look so menacing in shadow like that. The guy in the middle kind of looks a bit like Braham, and I could totally picture him trying to take on all 6 elder dragons at once. Solo. :p

Glad you like that. Took me a while to get the values somewhat right, even though I still think the balance is a bit off and it is slightly cluttered. Nonetheless, improvance happens through practice. As well as giving how tricky multiple light sources are, I'm content with the result! Also a lot of people seem to see Braham there, I get it as the dude does look like him. Not to mention though this image is slightly metaphorical, taking all of them at once seems to fit the kind of idiocy he's been pulling in LW since we last saw him.. I'll have to show reference of my character which the guy in the middle is based off of!

Admitting slight feeling of narcissism for just using my own character, but I kinda did want to encapsulate my feelings about the overall story. Despite Elder Dragons being somewhat vague as villains.. I love monsters and their influence and presence in the story inspires me in just the right way.

1TwtEtc.pngDon't know whom would care tbh, but here's the reference of my own character. Suppose even as a charr, he does have similiar vibes to Braham. But then again I now realize that I forgot my dude had black fur, thus the painting character looks more human than charrish... shrug

Ohwell.

• 11 months later...

@Sabs.3962 said:Thanks ever so much! The forces of nature feel is what I wanted to establish with this one definately! Also glad you like bubbles, I always did envision that guy to have a very bioluminscent deep sea, almost ghostly fish vibe. That + a little bit of extreme sharks.

If Bubbles isn't based on deep sea fish and bio-luminescent, I am going to be most upset.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...