Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged]

• ArenaNet Staff

@"gjunky.1783" said:2 hero are bugged preventing my from getting 100% map completion.Uploaded images of the bugged hero points. Screenshots (to Imgur)Both are showing that the need to be killed as if you started the hero point event but their dialog shows that they have already been beat.

GM Drommen JuvelToday at 15:02Hey there XXXXX,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to report the issue with the 2 hero points! We have found that the best way for the Development team to gather and review player feedback is through the official forums. We ask and encourage players to post their ideas in our forums:

Please post your suggestion in the forum most relevant to the subject at hand. For instance, if you are writing about PvP, post in the PvP sub-forum. If you are making a suggestion about a specific profession, please post in that profession's sub-forum. And if you are writing about the Living World, feel free to post in that sub-forum.

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

The team looks forward to reviewing your input.

Regards,

GM Drommen JuvelGuild Wars 2 Support Team

This is the first time I've ever asked for support in any game and then have them refer to posting the problem in the forums. Not sure if this is good or bad. (shrugs)

Rest assured the devs DO know about this issue, as you can see within this very thread. Could you please provide your ticket number, so that I can let CS know about this thread and make sure that the agents let players know of it, too? Thanks.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this specific hero challenge has been stuck in "combat" for over 24 hours. I've submitted a bug report but this is holding up a lot of players so I wanna draw more light to it. It could probably be solved by a simple shard change but I was online till early morning and now early evening today and still nothing's changed. Just in case my screenshot doesn't work the hero challenge is Utcua in Metrica province. Can someone please look into this?

Thanks <3

@Zynisch.9705 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The Devs have stated they will send out the bug fix with the next content release.(See similar topic thread with ArenaNet post for more information. Or check the Dev Post Carousel.)

This is holding up a tonne of players, Isn't it worthy of a hotfix?

You'd have to discuss that with the Devs.

Gaile Gray.6029 ArenaNet › 11:08AMRest assured the devs DO know about this issue, as you can see within this very thread. Could you please provide your ticket number, so that I can let CS know about this thread and make sure that the agents let players know of it, too? Thanks.

Here you go.Ticket #7121012

Just encountered an equally bugged Hero Challenge in Brisban Wildlands, the Restless Arboreal Spirit will stay a green unattackable ally permanently even though the challenge should transform him into the Veteran Restless Arboreal Spirit that you are supposed to duel. Wonder if the incidents are related because I have not encountered bugs like these in ages.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Zynisch.9705 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:The Devs have stated they will send out the bug fix with the next content release.(See similar topic thread with ArenaNet post for more information. Or check the Dev Post Carousel.)

Some bugs are candidates for a hotfix and some are not. This one required some time to nail down, in part, I imagine, because it impacted a variety of challenges. But take heart, the fix is definitely coming soon!

I can load into WvW with duplicate utility skills, IE 2 x Quickening Zephyr. I have screenshots.

Recently worked on map completion, 3 skill points won't work:

1. Brisbane Wildlands - Skill point at Hidden lake
  2. Plains of Ashford - SKill point at Tela Range
  3. Fireheart Rise - Skill point at Burnt Hollow.

From memory, all three require you to interact and fight the hero.

I attempted to bypass this by doing all map completion. I then purchased Notarized scroll of Heroics from WvW. These give the indication that skill points have been unlocked (but it does not indicate which ones, which they usually do) and when returning to Tyria they haven't unlocked any skill points and map completion has not progressed.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The Devs have stated they will send out the bug fix with the next content release.(See similar topic thread with ArenaNet post for more information. Or check the Dev Post Carousel.)

Some bugs are candidates for a hotfix and some are not. This one required some time to nail down, in part, I imagine, because it impacted a variety of challenges. But take heart, the fix is definitely coming soon!

Soon as in soon-soon? Soon-in-7-more-days? Or soon? Just trying to manage personal expectations accordingly.

I still remember the old Disney VHS previews where "Coming soon to own on video" was several months down the line.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Please note today's Game Update Notes, where you will see that this issue has been addressed. Notes here.

Naturally, if you continue to have issues, we want to hear about them. Please post any observed issues in this thread and do not make a new one.

Thank you so much for listening and getting this patch out. It's all working again from what I can see! :heart:

@Kerubim.9532 said:10/30/2018, 3:47 p.m., 3:47 p.m.Wayfarer foothills, hunter's lakeButterhanded, 28, norn, thiefThe hero challenge to drink a ale doesn't work

this hero challenge still doesn't work to me, it doesn't give me the item i need to drink

Edit: nevermind i found the ale in my inventory, sorry XD it's all working thanks game moderators =)

There is still a problem concerning the "Awakening the Druid Stone" collection:Hero challenge: Brisban-Wildlands, Hidden LakeNPC: "Restless Arboreal Spirit"If the collection is unlocked the NPC should have a dialogue option to receive the "Element of the Arbor". However it only offers "Fight." or "Leave.". I tried the same with a new character who didn't have the hero point. It was possible to take the challenge and get the hero point but the collection didn't work either.

@"Winiva.7049" said:There is still a problem concerning the "Awakening the Druid Stone" collection:Hero challenge: Brisban-Wildlands, Hidden LakeNPC: "Restless Arboreal Spirit"If the collection is unlocked the NPC should have a dialogue option to receive the "Element of the Arbor". However it only offers "Fight." or "Leave.". I tried the same with a new character who didn't have the hero point. It was possible to take the challenge and get the hero point but the collection didn't work either.

Confirmed, same thing for me, and appearantly many others who were at the NPC at that time.