Skill / Hero Challenge NPC's bugged [Merged]

• ArenaNet Staff

@"zallesz.1650" said:

If the collection is unlocked the NPC should have a dialogue option to receive the "
Element of the Arbor
". However it only offers "
Fight.
" or "
Leave.
". I tried the same with a new character who didn't have the hero point. It was possible to take the challenge and get the hero point but the collection didn't work either.

If "Fight" and "Leave" are the only options, you need to complete the challenge. Afterwards, when you speak to the NPC, if you have the collection but have not obtained that item already, there's a "Would you give me something to show them you also endure?" option to receive the item.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:If "Fight" and "Leave" are the only options, you need to complete the challenge. Afterwards, when you speak to the NPC, if you have the collection but have not obtained that item already, there's a "Would you give me something to show them you also endure?" option to receive the item.

Thank you for your answer. However, I already have map completion and even if retaking the challenge it doesn't work. Here are some pictures to show the problem: Hero challenge Brisban Wildlands

• ArenaNet Staff

This looks like a side effect of allowing all of the skill challenges to be repeatable. I'll get a fix in for the next content update. Currently, there's about a 5 second window after completing the challenge where you can speak with the NPC to get the item, but then it switches back over to the "start the event" conversation. I'll add the option to get the item to the "start the event" conversation if you've already completed the challenge.

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:This looks like a side effect of allowing all of the skill challenges to be repeatable. I'll get a fix in for the next content update. Currently, there's about a 5 second window after completing the challenge where you can speak with the NPC to get the item, but then it switches back over to the "start the event" conversation. I'll add the option to get the item to the "start the event" conversation if you've already completed the challenge.

I can confirm this is still an issue, and blocking my progress on the Awakening the Druid Stone quest, and therefore blocking my progress towards Aurora. Please say a fix is coming soon. Thanks.

@Darksword.2873 said:

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:This looks like a side effect of allowing all of the skill challenges to be repeatable. I'll get a fix in for the next content update. Currently, there's about a 5 second window after completing the challenge where you can speak with the NPC to get the item, but then it switches back over to the "start the event" conversation. I'll add the option to get the item to the "start the event" conversation if you've already completed the challenge.

I can confirm this is still an issue, and blocking my progress on the Awakening the Druid Stone quest, and therefore blocking my progress towards Aurora. Please say a fix is coming soon. Thanks.

So you cant talk to it in the 5 second window?

@"Winiva.7049" said:There is still a problem concerning the "Awakening the Druid Stone" collection:Hero challenge: Brisban-Wildlands, Hidden LakeNPC: "Restless Arboreal Spirit"If the collection is unlocked the NPC should have a dialogue option to receive the "Element of the Arbor". However it only offers "Fight." or "Leave.". I tried the same with a new character who didn't have the hero point. It was possible to take the challenge and get the hero point but the collection didn't work either.

Same Issue here

@Linken.6345 said:

No, we are force to fight him again. I'm Elementalist too, perhaps has something to do (?)

I tried the 5 second widow today... after defeating him, for a couple of seconds the talk option does not appear. Then when it appears, pressing F does not show a followup window. The next time the talk option appears, the popup shows Fight or Leave option.

The 5 second window which you mention, does not show the followup window after selection of the talk option.

@Wotom.9576 said:

I tried the 5 second widow today... after defeating him, for a couple of seconds the talk option does not appear. Then when it appears, pressing F does not show a followup window. The next time the talk option appears, the popup shows Fight or Leave option.

The 5 second window which you mention, does not show the followup window after selection of the talk option.

Ok thats better info mate the dev dident seem to know that so good we got that out there in this thread.

So... there is a trick to get the "Restless Arboreal Spirit" to give the option to talk to get the item for the achievement collection. Fight the Spirit. Just before the hero point returns to its reset (in the window of his 1% health), spam the "talk" option as fast as you can and do not stop until he gives the option to speak for the collection item. I can confirm this just worked about 5 min ago at 7:53pm.

@"Khill.7821" said:So... there is a trick to get the "Restless Arboreal Spirit" to give the option to talk to get the item for the achievement collection. Fight the Spirit. Just before the hero point returns to its reset (in the window of his 1% health), spam the "talk" option as fast as you can and do not stop until he gives the option to speak for the collection item. I can confirm this just worked about 5 min ago at 7:53pm.

well, i also tried that doesn't seem to work for me

Well after an hour or 2 trying it worked

@"Darksword.2873" said:This doesn't work for me. I can spam "F" botton, but there is no option to talk to him until he turns green again and his health bar starts to replenish.

Nevermind, it worked. :)THIS IS WORKING.I've tried for 15 mins, VERY FRUSTATING, because still spamming the "F" botton, I was still forced to fight him back like 15 tims, but suddenly the friendly chat appeared =)THANKS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

How about SEPTEMBER 2019?! STILL bugged! > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

"> Some bugs are candidates for a hotfix and some are not. This one required some time to nail down, in part, I imagine, because it impacted a variety of challenges. But take heart, the fix is definitely coming soon!"

Yayaya heard that one before so many times LUL

@Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 said:How about SEPTEMBER 2019?! STILL bugged! > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

"> Some bugs are candidates for a hotfix and some are not. This one required some time to nail down, in part, I imagine, because it impacted a variety of challenges. But take heart, the fix is definitely coming soon!"

There are several different bugs in this [Merged] thread; to which one are you (and Gaile) referring?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 said:How about SEPTEMBER 2019?! STILL bugged! > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

There are several different bugs in this [Merged] thread; to which one are you (and Gaile) referring?

The last one in this threat, which has been btw. bugged for a few years from time to time. Snowden Drifts Stinging Wind HP.

I wasn't aware that was a Repeatable Hero Challenge. It seems the fix was pertaining to those."This looks like a side effect of allowing all of the skill challenges to be repeatable. I'll get a fix in for the next content update." -Jeffrey Vaughn

Best advice: try the Hero Challenge immediately after the Release on the 17th (while you await a permanent fix).

Good luck.