Allow certain infusion effects in PvP

mrauls.6519

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:Why they should do it instead of something useful... balance PvP better ...just an example ?:D

Nah I'd take visible infusions over balance tbh. Especially any one on the forum's idea of balance.

I'm pretty sure I'v seen more than reasonable suggestions about reducing mirage effectiveness (just an example). Id like them instead of Anet balance like with daggerstorm 4s evade for example

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:Why they should do it instead of something useful... balance PvP better ...just an example ?:D

Nah I'd take visible infusions over balance tbh. Especially any one on the forum's idea of balance.

(...) Id like them instead of Anet balance like with daggerstorm 4s evade for example

Okay. You want to know why they did that? I have some inside information on this one.

One day at Arenanet.A: Hey guys, you know what? I found something that ele is still best at in PVP!B: Haha, I doubt it, but I'll bite. What is it?A: They have the longest evade duration skill in the game!B: ...

• 2 weeks later...

@"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:Yeah Aurora is allowed. I think a limit of 2-3 infusions should be fine to not completely obscure the character though.

why the arbitrary 2-3?

what constitutes "completely obscure" is subjective, just let infusions be used. if u dont like them, use standard enemy models.

@Vicariuz.1605 said:

@"Sanity Obscure.6054" said:Yeah Aurora is allowed. I think a limit of 2-3 infusions should be fine to not completely obscure the character though.

why the arbitrary 2-3?

what constitutes "completely obscure" is subjective, just let infusions be used. if u dont like them, use standard enemy models.

I'm all for allowing them, but I prefer inching into allowing all to see the effect first instead of an "all or nothing" approach.

• 2 months later...

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 could you give us a realistic view of how viable this is/how much work do you think it would take? Also, do you think this will ever happen?

I really would like to know if it's in my best interests to offload thousands of gold in infusions because I simply don't leave PvP that often.

Apologies for thread necro, but I didn't want to create a new thread for something that was already discussed and agreed upon.

• 5 months later...

@Mbelch.9028 said:@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 could you give us a realistic view of how viable this is/how much work do you think it would take? Also, do you think this will ever happen?

I really would like to know if it's in my best interests to offload thousands of gold in infusions because I simply don't leave PvP that often.

Apologies for thread necro, but I didn't want to create a new thread for something that was already discussed and agreed upon.

Up

@bluri.2653 said:Ben has already said in the past that making infusion work in pvp is something he wants, the problem is it adds stats and it would transfer the stats into pvp. So they would have to remake how infusions work im assuming (wardrobe effect of some sort?)

Would they not be able to just do away with the stats in PvP areas? They already do that for several pieces of armor, for example.

Most folks put their infusions on trinkets, anyways, and those stats are auto disabled, too. (Note: Most folks infers a population that doesn't go for being a glowy yellow lightbulb, stacking 8 infusions.)