[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@JackassTheX.6351 said:

@"Neoniac.2813" said:Gw2 s next 2 big development should be1 - WvW Alliance System2- A new race ( its about time , game is big people need this )Also show some love to dungeons , searching for party from different maps (like pvp queue) would be quite usefull , if u dont want to give more dungeon content , just make it more viable so people cannot be able to say that its dead

Dungeons hell yeah - just up the rewards to be more than now and still less than fractals (dungs are easier after all) and hit that diminishing returns button hard. Actually you could implement the same daily chest and valuable junk item systems, just add junk items that are worth less or drop less frequently. A typical T4 + recs run nets around 12-20g in my experience. That's six "paths". So by that logic, if we look at the worst case scenario, one "path" nets 2g. Well, how about awarding the player with junk worth around 1g per path. That's 3g per cleared dungeon. Right now, Arah is the only one with that sort of rewards - I think all of them should be around that number, and Arah a bit higher. Or something, I'm no economist, let alone a virtual one, but dungeons just seem so unrewarding other than the joy of completing them, that is.

Also - new race? One word: Largos. Though I think that might be a touch too kitten for Tyria to handle.

Dungeons can net you greater rewards by using currency to buy armour or weapons of the dungeon and salvage them for exotic inscriptions which is why CoF, CoE and Arah are the better ones to do because of Zerk inscriptions. A few dungeons even sell utility potions that can be worth selling.

Our GW2 wiki is FANTASTIC, but, consider this . . .

If the wiki is under the umbrella of Arena, I'd like to see some effort regarding a consistent presentation of time listings. Many are fine, but some attempt to present local time and some show UTC notation. The same is true on some of the fan sites.

This could be done with a common time presentation function similar to how the links for spidy, bltc, etc are shown in many places and yet coded in a single location.

With the movement(coming very soon) of some EU states/countries and US states electing to permanently choose DST (BST) or Standard time, I think the time has come for a common module and time presentation throughout the site. UTC-5 is EST, but EDT is currently UTC-4, perhaps this is viewed as pedantic, but I think the site should be built to reduce confusion for the masses. I believe good programming and design reduce confusion along with calls to the help desk ( aka map chat ).

@"BlueJin.4127" said:No, thank you. I like being able to mail gold and items from my alt accounts to my main account just fine. No need for complicated or shady multi launching, or needing two computers like GW1.

You can safely give gold & items to alt accounts through a personal guild bank - in fact, it's FAR easier to do that than all the mailing! It only costs 1gp to create a guild (with just you and your alt accounts). Besides, if you have your mail settings set to "Accept mail from everyone" you could STILL do that! Even if you could only accept mail from your friends, you could STILL work it out by adding all your alt accounts as friends.

My most wanted QoL : let us unlock minis in the wardrobe without consuming them and destroying the item.

That way we can both unlock the skin AND mystic forge them. I have lost count how many times i gave up on a mini i like that is hard to get just to either upgrade it or mf it (pvp llamas, new fog raven etc).

I don't normally post on forums because truthfully I've never gotten responses in a way that seemed to come to any many conclusions. But are there going to be any UI option additions to the game where I can choose to hide specific UI tools, such as the map, quest/nearby event trackers, the chat box, etc? I'm a minimalist type of person, so I personally like having as little stuff on my screen as I possibly can.

I'm just tired of logging in. And seeing a list the entire right side of my screen, that I manually have to "click" to minimize, but not remove it. The game is really pretty, but its pretty ugly with all that text all over it.

Make 'LFG' show Elite Specialization Icons, if spec if active. Instead of always original proffesion icons.Also, i am begging you, exclude ANY previous day Daily fractals from next day set. Not fun to do same fractal everyday. There are more than enough of them to fully randomize the set without repeats.

Can we, for once and for all, change the Charr's rifle walk and run animations so that they are actually holding it two handed.

! h4MLyob.png! h5ovZfi.png! oTtbHpG.png! eA28ZSy.png! biKoca5.png! 77cWlui.png!Look at those bottom two images. They look so much more ali/war-ie and ferocious than the current anims, because rather than just running with the rifle like it's a stick, he has it up and in the "ready position", much more professional.

Last point - Can we have it so when you are free aiming at a target and standing still the rifle actually points to where the camera is facing. At the moment, if you are using free aim, the rifle only points to where the camera is facing when you are moving. When standing still the character points the rifle level, and the bullet just veers off as soon as it exits the barrel.

I have no clue if this have been posted before... BUT.. i would like a Sigil/Rune Bag/bank/storage option...

-Lets you store 10 of EACH single rune/sigil-Black Lion Buy option: +5/+10 Sigils each 500gems, max 50/100 storage.-Larger storage stack for green? Green/Yellow/Orange 15/10/5-(Black Lion Buy Option: Green/Yellow/Orange ; +15/+10/+5) 500gems-I think the option itself even could bee a Gem Shop option.... people WILL buy this.. even if it costs 2.000Gems....

I have no clue if this have been posted before... BUT.. i would like a Sigil/Rune Bag/bank/storage option...

-Lets you store 10 of EACH single rune/sigil-Black Lion Buy option: +5/+10 Sigils each 500gems, max 50/100 storage.-Larger storage stack for green? Green/Yellow/Orange 15/10/5-(Black Lion Buy Option: Green/Yellow/Orange ; +15/+10/+5) 500gems-I think the option itself even could bee a Gem Shop option.... people WILL buy this.. even if it costs 2.000Gems....

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, and maybe I'm just daydreaming, but...

I would love if we could have the option to play two of our characters together! We wouldn't play them at the exact same time; we would switch characters as we do with weapons and pets.If it's not possible to do this, or not worth it, I think it would be cool to have one of our characters follow our main :)Another idea I keep thinking about - and probably easier - is to have a 'room' (home instance?) where all our characters are, 'waiting' for their turn to play. Many games do this and I think it's just fun to see all our creations together, sharing the same space :)

I'd like to see some sort of container in which i can store gear. The inventories of my chars all get crowded too easily by gear for different builds. Let alone my guard having a set of gear for power, condition and tankheal. This covers way too much of my inventory and bank space. Please add a container to gemstore in which i can store such gear.It's quite disappointing for me to stop after 2 chests because my inventory is full. I'm someone that doesn't want to be stuck to one build forever and as said keeping gear for different builds for all characters consumes really alot of space in inventories and bank. But with such a container i could reduce that occupied space to one, that container.The idea is that you can store one set of armor, up to 4 weapons and a set of trinkets per container. This also would help me keeping my inventory more sorted.I know you have such containers, lvl80 boost puts all your current gear in a container when you use it. Please add this sort of container to gemstore and free me up some space in bank and inventories.

@Sabre.8251 said:I'd like to see some sort of container in which i can store gear. The inventories of my chars all get crowded too easily by gear for different builds. Let alone my guard having a set of gear for power, condition and tankheal. This covers way too much of my inventory and bank space. Please add a container to gemstore in which i can store such gear.It's quite disappointing for me to stop after 2 chests because my inventory is full. I'm someone that doesn't want to be stuck to one build forever and as said keeping gear for different builds for all characters consumes really alot of space in inventories and bank. But with such a container i could reduce that occupied space to one, that container.The idea is that you can store one set of armor, up to 4 weapons and a set of trinkets per container. This also would help me keeping my inventory more sorted.I know you have such containers, lvl80 boost puts all your current gear in a container when you use it. Please add this sort of container to gemstore and free me up some space in bank and inventories.

Ever heard of legendaries? Also I dont think youd have problems with space if you had 17 bank slots and 10 bag slots which are already buyable in the gemstore

Make items in Guild Bank able to combine to stack within Guild Bank (also able to combine from Inventory to Guild Bank). Because it's inefficient having to remove items from Guild Bank just to combine an item to a stack in your own inventory and then put it back into Guild Bank. It's also an eyesore in the Guild Bank records, seeing multiple actions done just to achieve one thing.

@chesayki.8425 said:Make items in Guild Bank able to combine to stack within Guild Bank (also able to combine from Inventory to Guild Bank). Because it's inefficient having to remove items from Guild Bank just to combine an item to a stack in your own inventory and then put it back into Guild Bank. It's also an eyesore in the Guild Bank records, seeing multiple actions done just to achieve one thing.

Anet said at some point that this was not enabled on guild banks because of the possibility of other users in the guild accessing the same content at the same time. There is something with the auto stack that could get messed up.

It would be really nice if they could enable this for personal guild banks but it is possible that just being able to add other users to the guild would prevent it.

I was told to copy this here from another thread, so I will follow this advice:

I am often lieutenant in a large open world squad. We have mainly random people in the squad and often they don't know how a squad works. There are a few suggestions I have to improve how squads work, because there are a few problems we encounter very often.

1) option to make cancelling invites only available to commander and lieutenantsUnfortunately when people in the squad see the picture of an invited person under the squad interface and read 'pending invite' they very often press the cancel button because they just don't know what it means. Most of the time they think they themselves are invited to a different squad and as they don't want a different squad they just press 'cancel'. Others just tell me they have a small screen and wanted to get rid of the large picture of the invited player. Often the only way to stop them from cancelling invites is kicking them from the squad, which I would really like to avoid.Some also cancel invites when they in fact want to leave the squad themselves (they seem to think it's the exit button).It would be so much better if there would be an option for the commander to just make it unable for people to touch the 'cancel invites button' at all.

I also never understand why the chat message for cencelled invites says 'kicked' or 'voted to kick' because they were not even in the squad yet so nobody was kicked. When several invites are cancelled it gives the impression the comm/lieutenants kicked half the squad which is not very helpful as it gives a very unfirendly impression.

2) option to make calling targets only available to commander and lieutenantsPeople love calling targets but unfortunately they often call the wrong ones and that pulls the whole squad to a wrong direction or too far ahead. Therefore downed players often get left behind and everything ends in chaos. It would be great if there would be a way to stop people from doing that because many don't react to chat. It isn't even possible to click on the name in the target message to whisper them directly. Of course this should be only optional so calling is disabled only if needed.

3) make both commanders agree to squad mergesSometimes people merge squads from lfg as a 'joke'. They take let's say a squad from leatherfarm and merge it with an Elonian bounty squad and then quickly leave the squad or just turn off their commander tag. This is very frustrating. The remaining commander has to kick all those who are in the wrong playfield and the kicked people end up without any squad at all and there is no way for anyone to stop people from doing this.

@chesayki.8425 said:

@Alimar.8760 said:Shift Click Waypoints or Linked Chat waypoints if you have it unlocked to skip the map and confirmation windows.

You can skip the confirmation window by double clicking the waypoints.

I know you can skip double clicking, but there is no way to get around map view if you click on a waypoint in chat. Or am I wrong? Shift+Click function would provide another route that is faster for those that have the waypoint unlocked.

Some kind of solution to easily differentiate between yellow enemy nameplates and yellow object nameplates, as well as between NPC green nameplates and player character green nameplates.It would really help to be able to know at a glance that what you're seeing is a resource node or passive enemy.

Solution 1An option to separate "Show All Enemy Names" check box into following two options:"Show Only Hostile (Red) Enemy Names""Show Only Non-Hostile (Yellow) Enemy Names"

This would allow using the option to show only Red nameplates for hostile enemies while having Yellow nameplates for objects.

Solution 2Have custom option to select from a few basic colors for different nameplate categories (passive enemy, hostile enemy, player, NPC, object, resource node), like green, yellow, red, blue, white, orange, gray, pink etc.

Where this would come in handy is to easily identify at a glance resource nodes/objects from a large group of passive enemies, or to easily separate players from NPC's in battles in case let's say you might want to specifically find where is an NPC positioned in a fight.

Colorblind players perhaps might even find this quite useful, mainly having option to manually select colors.

In the spirit of how the candy corn node in your home instance can be upgraded to King-sized, how about some quests to upgrade the HOT airship/exalted chests in the home instance into their larger counterparts; i.e. Airship cargo -> Large airship cargo; Exalted chest -> Great Exhalted chest.It would be something for completionists and node-collectors to enjoy and yet another way to bring people back to HOT maps.

@Zoltar MacRoth.7146 said:In the spirit of how the candy corn node in your home instance can be upgraded to King-sized, how about some quests to upgrade the HOT airship/exalted chests in the home instance into their larger counterparts; i.e. Airship cargo -> Large airship cargo; Exalted chest -> Great Exhalted chest.It would be something for completionists and node-collectors to enjoy and yet another way to bring people back to HOT maps.

And add noxious pod as a purchase item.