Your current ability is fully trained and ready to master.

Evv.9584

How do you make this notice go away? I've searched the forums and Reddit, and every thing has said to do the first story mission in HoT or PoF. I've done the first mission in PoF, I've spent every Mastery Point I have, and I have no other mastery tracks to switch to. Yet the message constantly pops up and I can not find any way to disable it.

Hmm, I can't see the message "your current ability is fully trained" but... maybe it's a reminder that you trained at 100% the Pact Commander and you're wasting exp because you could select/train Fractal Attunement? Try to select the track where you can still progress (exp-wise)

Sorry, I meant I did the first story in HoT, not PoF. And I had Fractal Attunement, Legendary Crafting, and Pact Commander all maxed on XP, I had one Tyrian Mastery point left I was trying to save to finish off Pact Commander, but I spent it on Fractal Attunement, hoping the message would stop. But it hasn't stopped. And it seems switching to the next Fractal Attunemant Mastery will only stop it until it's maxed on XP again, too. I don't understand why it has to constantly spam with the message that covers the whole chat box. I always play the game with my friend, and we are unable to communicate outside of towns, because that message is always there covering the chat box.

• 2 months later...

This is actually a bug that has existed for a long long time. I just boosted a character on an account on which I've done very little and the popup comes up every few seconds as I play...and there is nothing to train. It is super annoying as there is nothing that will make it go away if you just want to begin playing through map completion before going to your story and HoT and PoF. It could literally be popping up for weeks if you take your time. This is a bug that has been mentioned over and over, is annoying an untold number of new players, is easy to fix, and Anet has taken the decision to allow it to remain in the game and annoy people. It's a classic trolling of the player base.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...

Bringing this post back from the dead to know if there's a solution yet?I am lacking mastery points to master the trained masteries. The easy solution would move forward to LW2 or HoT to get mastery points but I kinda wanna work on map completion first and don't want the game to force me in a path I don't wanna take yet.

But it looks like this message will continue to popup every 10 seconds until I do so...

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2019 at 4:49 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I wonder how one knows it "is easy to fix". Could it be possible it hasn't been addressed because it is not easy to fix?

No, it could not be that. ArenaNet clearly don't value this issue high enough to fix it. All that is needed is a checkbox option that would let players allow to disable this very popup. Are you honestly trying to tell us that you think that ANet are not able to implement that?
It would also be great if the mastery system would be unlocked as soon as a character hit level 80 or after activating an expansion or whichever happened later. This would alleviate the problem of having to play one of the first expansion missions to unlock the system, so that players don't ([CORRECTION] falsely think they) waste XP. But simple as that also seems to me, it's already more complicated than what many people want – simply the ability to disable this annoying popup.

Edited by Kerbezena.3804
clarification: XP is not really lost. After leveling the first abilities from the three Core Tyria mastery tracks, excess XP goes to spirit shards again. This is not transparent, because the mastery tracks are not visible and the XP bar is covered up.
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find this spamming feature unacceptable, I purchased the whole game, and since I have not started the story of the expansions, I am constantly spammed, that is not the way to go. I will start the expansions whenever I want, I don't need this kind of interruption in my screen.

Is there any developer here reading this?

Please comment that line of code or disabling that variable, then compile, it is just that easy.

Yes, one can spend more time to add check boxes to hide it or do other beautiful solution but that is not really needed. This message is simply bad game design.

Edited by geogiam.5301
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, geogiam.5301 said:

Also the message: "You have an equipped item with no stats" is another one that should be deactivated. I use the armor and weapons I want, why do I have to get spammed ?

Display it once an never more.

Because 1 of the items you use dont have thats selected.

It might be in another equipment tab even 

Yes, but I don"t care about it, it is okay to get informed, but currently I get spammed by 2 messages, that is bad game design.

I fell fast in love with GW2, and most people define it as : play as you want and do what you love, the game is horizontal.

I don't want to equip stats, I don"t want to start the expansions. Why do I need to get spammed and my interface covered 95% of the time?

Also I spoke in the map with other new players and they face the same situation. New people is still joining the game, some come from Wow, the new expansions will lure others. making a good game design is important to make them stay. They install the free game and the Devs spam them..., do you know what I do when I install for example apps in my telephone and get spammed? I uninstall.

I am fan for years for GW franchise, I started late GW2, but I will stay, evidently I want the other newbies to stay.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, every attempt to bring up this topic is met with silence. Recently a thread with years of discussion about this issue was buried into the QoL mega-thread, where the posts from multiple threads get chronologically mixed up and the discussions become impossible to follow. This thread may suffer the same fate, but before it does: The only solution to get rid of this popup is to start the mastery system on one of the expansions, which means abandoning whatever you were doing on the core maps, story or whatever.

• 11 months later...

Posting to say this is still a problem in November of 2022.  I'm a new player and this constant pop up is making regret the money I spent buying the game and making me want to no longer play.  I'm FULLY $#!@#ing aware that my mastery is fully trained and ready to master.  I just don't even own enough points to level it.  And when I do get enough points I'm not interesting in spending them in the one that is mastered; I'm saving them to accumulate enough to buy a higher tier in another tree that I'm more interested in.

This is unspeakably annoying and frustrating.  I want an option that turns off all pop ups of this nature.  I'm not a child, I don't need my hand held.  You can pop it up ONCE and then once I hit the X on it, don't ever ever pop it up again.  Please and thank you.