[Question] Bikini Armour! when? :)

Liewec.2896

this is a bit of a hot topic (pun intended!), i know some people are totally against the idea,but i'm wondering when we will finally get some super awesome bikini armour!?it is pretty much a requirement in an RPG!

9HXy4nT.pngmy Red Sonja is ready!

i was hoping that we'd get some during this summer! but i'm still hoping that we'll get some for christmas! :blush:i'm ready to throw lots of money at my screen! :smile:

is anyone else eagerly awaiting bikini armour? :grin:

I can't seem them ever adding bikini armour but I know a lot of people have asked for actual swimsuits and are still hoping we'll get them eventually.

And before anyone starts on the usual "running around naked" objection you can do that anyway - any character can be stripped down to their underwear and in a lot of situations you can even get away with fighting like that if you want to. (That's not quite as revealing as the OPs concept art but it's pretty minor differences, like wider sides on the underpants.)

As for this suggestion I can't see myself ever using it, it wouldn't suit any of my female characters and I have no plans for new ones, but I wouldn't object to it being available for those who want it.

HM =) Your Red Sonja looks ready for war =). Still, I think that for her actual battle ... bikini, a pair of chain mail gloves are better. And the boots need some adjustment ... the boots she has now can really protect her.I barely await a 3 way zerg battle in EBG. If all the actors are dressed like that, then only a mud poll is missing. =)

Including more fantasy-themed armors like this (for males and females, of each race) would greatly improve the armor diversity in GW2. The current armor offerings in GW2 are still not appealing to some players' tastes, and adding more options like this for armor styles would help make the game more inclusive. As I've learned in yearly corporate meetings over the past few decades, improving diversity (among not only people but also products) and inclusiveness (among not only employees but also customers) are fundamental goals that any company should strive for. Adding armor choices like this is an obvious positive step toward both.

Note - offering these types of skins as outfits instead of armor pieces could be an acceptable compromise.

@Magicienne Endormie.5182 said:No. I don't want to see this. There are already far too many heavy armors that are ridiculously different from male to female, leaving the females uncovered in crucial parts of their body for the sole purpose of making them look sexy.Unless the bikini armor is just as skimpy for men. Then yes, I'm all for it.

Yes! I would love to see a zerg of chunky male Norns jiggling their way through WvW in Speedos!

I would definitely put my lovely Sylvari Revenant into a skimpy bikini, I can almost imagine her very British accented disdain. Also, if they could release a "blushing" type head armour that'd be great. Naturally as commented above this would be hilariously applicable to an army of banana-hammocked blushing Norn warriors jiggling their way to war one manly squeak at a time.

@"Liewec.2896" said:this is a bit of a hot topic (pun intended!), i know some people are totally against the idea,but i'm wondering when we will finally get some super awesome bikini armour!?it is pretty much a requirement in an RPG!

9HXy4nT.pngmy Red Sonja is ready!

i was hoping that we'd get some during this summer! but i'm still hoping that we'll get some for christmas! :blush:i'm ready to throw lots of money at my screen! :smile:

Nah. I'd rather not.

I mean hell, I'm still annoyed at how ugly the female Phalanx armor looks compared to the male variant.

And this is far better fashion wars anyway.

k0dD3IW.jpgJW4ivbj.jpg

I'm on board!

If we ever get it, it will be very modest though. Since I don't see anet ever jumping on that train (and I don't want them to put out a dozen skins like that), just one set or even outfit would be great already. People that don't like it don't have to use it, if people really want to they will then finally have the freedom to do so.

I'm not playing a game to be reminded what would or wouldn't work irl to be honest.

Leather armor didn't really exist either, at least not in the way games and movies taught us. While immersion sure is important, a few reminders that this is fantasy in terms of armor as well wouldn't hurt anybody.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Liewec.2896" said:this is a bit of a
hot
topic
(pun intended!)
, i know some people are totally against the idea,but i'm wondering when we will finally get some super awesome bikini armour!?it is pretty much a requirement in an RPG!

9HXy4nT.png

my Red Sonja is ready!

. I'd rather

I mean hell, I'm still annoyed at how ugly the female Phalanx armor looks compared to the male variant.

Opinions.

Also using and linking to resetera in any argument is an automatic loss lol

@Blocki.4931 said:I'm not playing a game to be reminded what would or wouldn't work irl to be honest.

Leather armor didn't really exist either, at least not in the way games and movies taught us. While immersion sure is important, a few reminders that this is fantasy in terms of armor as well wouldn't hurt anybody.

hot
topic
(pun intended!)
, i know some people are totally against the idea,but i'm wondering when we will finally get some super awesome bikini armour!?it is pretty much a requirement in an RPG!

9HXy4nT.png

my Red Sonja is ready!

. I'd rather

Opinions.

My opinions are better than yours. That's a fact.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I'm not playing a game to be reminded what would or wouldn't work irl to be honest.

hot
topic
(pun intended!)

9HXy4nT.png

my Red Sonja is ready!

. I'd rather

Opinions.

My opinions are better than yours. That's a fact.

Fair enough. Have a good day!