[Question] Bikini Armour! when? :)

Liewec.2896

@Leo G.4501 said:

@"kapri.5918" said:Do you even understand the conversation or are you basing your responses on my tidbit? Apparently your missing the whole conversation that has happened around these two statements of mine.

I responded as I was reading the thread from the 1st post. No, I understand that you're conflating wanting certain fashion choices as sexualization rather than the desire for feminine expression as outlined by feminist empowerment advocates. Your logic flies in the face of those you're trying to "protect" with your contrary opinion.

That being said, if female avatars get some kind of bikini or 2-piece, my male Charr deserves a banana hammock too.

If you had actually read everything then you would have understood that I don't want bikinis in the game. Nor am I for armor that promotes exposure of skin and vital spots of the body. If you had read my post you would understand this. One thing to be beautiful...whole nother thing with it on the battlefield. If you think blatantly that the over exposure of T&A is empowering to women then you are lying to women. The only people who should say how women should be beautiful are women themselves. Calling yourself a feminine expression advocate is not only a blatant lie and laughably pathetic but is dangerous to women. It's like your Weinstien or some other person who wants to give "advice" to women. Using big words and false friendly terms to objectify how a "strong" woman looks like....

Just to be clear.

Women have the right to their image and how they wish to portray it.To sit there and say a woman is strong by only meeting a standard by how much skin is showing is objectifying them.Plenty of women in the world who are strong and beautiful without being sexualized by their outfit. I wonder how one would feel if this was forced on our women who serve in our military/police/emergency service/ politics/etc.It is downright unrealistic to believe, even in fantasy, that a woman could go into a dangerous situation with very little protection. Even if you want to throw the "cloth" argument in there. For one the cloth armor argument can be voided by using a common lore bit that other MMOs use...magical barriers.

@"kapri.5918" said:Just to be clear.

Women have the right to their image and how they wish to portray it.To sit there and say a woman is strong by only meeting a standard by how much skin is showing is objectifying them.Plenty of women in the world who are strong and beautiful without being sexualized by their outfit. I wonder how one would feel if this was forced on our women who serve in our military/police/emergency service/ politics/etc.It is downright unrealistic to believe, even in fantasy, that a woman could go into a dangerous situation with very little protection. Even if you want to throw the "cloth" argument in there. For one the cloth armor argument can be voided by using a common lore bit that other MMOs use...magical barriers.

If somebody would use the magical barrier argument for cloth, why can it not apply to bikini armor?

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"kapri.5918" said:Just to be clear.

If somebody would use the magical barrier argument for cloth, why can it not apply to bikini armor?

It could be but it then depends on the ability of the spell itself. Does the spell only cover the cloth or covered areas or is it a full body coverage? If it is a full body coverage then the bikini could protect it's wearer.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"Liewec.2896" said:this is a bit of a
hot
topic
(pun intended!)
, i know some people are totally against the idea,but i'm wondering when we will finally get some super awesome bikini armour!?it is pretty much a requirement in an RPG!

9HXy4nT.png

my Red Sonja is ready!

i was hoping that we'd get some during this summer! but i'm still hoping that we'll get some for christmas! :blush:i'm ready to throw lots of money at my screen! :smile:

is anyone else eagerly awaiting bikini armour? :grin:

. I'd rather

I mean hell, I'm still annoyed at how ugly the female Phalanx armor looks compared to the male variant.

And this is far better fashion wars anyway.

k0dD3IW.jpgJW4ivbj.jpg

Yeah and you already have it, as demsontrayed by your in game screenshots. Other people don’t have the kind of fashion they’re asking forOh? Show me the armor set that actual allows female characters to equip a set that looks like the male version of the phalanx armor?

iN9Mssw.png

Oh, that doesn't exist and you're just talking out of your kitten? Surprise, surprise.

There's already way too many armor sets in this game where the male armor is some cool set and the female version is either stupid and skimpy looking or has weird breastplate issues making sure the boobs are very distinctly outlined. The council guard heavy chest piece is kitten near the only heavy armor piece in the game that booth 1. Looks identical to the male version. 2 Provides full coverage. 3. Doesn't devolve into Boob Plate.

A lot of the dimorphism in armor sets is stupid, but bearable. It's not about realism. It's about visual integrity and what actually looks good. I don't want mounts that literally look like taxi cabs like in Tera Online. I won't want plate bikinis. Simple as that.

I didn’t say anything about phalanx or the overall amount of armors. I just meant that you had pictures of some set combo in your post, so some manner of combination exists

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:Only if we go full final fantasy equality on this thing.If females were to get bikini armor, males should also get bikini armor.

fMa3sOP.jpg

Same for every skirt, dress, pants and any other armor.

We shouldn’t have it any other way, let’s be fair and equal about this. Plus that’s so silly on the male it’d be funny to see people wearing that

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Liewec.2896" said:this is a bit of a
hot
topic
(pun intended!)
, i know some people are totally against the idea,but i'm wondering when we will finally get some super awesome bikini armour!?it is pretty much a requirement in an RPG!

9HXy4nT.png

my Red Sonja is ready!

i was hoping that we'd get some during this summer! but i'm still hoping that we'll get some for christmas! :blush:i'm ready to throw lots of money at my screen! :smile:

is anyone else eagerly awaiting bikini armour? :grin:

. I'd rather

I mean hell, I'm still annoyed at how ugly the female Phalanx armor looks compared to the male variant.

And this is far better fashion wars anyway.

k0dD3IW.jpgJW4ivbj.jpg

Yeah and you already have it, as demsontrayed by your in game screenshots. Other people don’t have the kind of fashion they’re asking forOh? Show me the armor set that actual allows female characters to equip a set that looks like the male version of the phalanx armor?

iN9Mssw.png

Oh, that doesn't exist and you're just talking out of your kitten? Surprise, surprise.

There's already way too many armor sets in this game where the male armor is some cool set and the female version is either stupid and skimpy looking or has weird breastplate issues making sure the boobs are very distinctly outlined. The council guard heavy chest piece is kitten near the only heavy armor piece in the game that booth 1. Looks identical to the male version. 2 Provides full coverage. 3. Doesn't devolve into Boob Plate.

A lot of the dimorphism in armor sets is stupid, but bearable. It's not about realism. It's about visual integrity and what actually looks good. I don't want mounts that literally look like taxi cabs like in Tera Online. I won't want plate bikinis. Simple as that.

I didn’t say anything about phalanx or the overall amount of armors. I just meant that you had pictures of some set combo in your post, so some manner of combination exists

One one end for decently designed heavy armors you have:

Perfected Envoy. Council Guard. Luminous Armor.

One the plate bikini end of things you have:

Literally everything else.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I find myself trapped in a very bizarre world. The people who used to chastise me for my prudishness now themselves aim to censor.I feel the same way. I have nothing against modesty and what not, but the OP isn't asking for twerking and poledancing emotes, which certainly might be construed as sexualization...it's just something any normal woman IRL can wear outside...but we have to censor it for some reason...it's a wierd world indeed.

@"kapri.5918" said:If you had actually read everything then you would have understood that I don't want bikinis in the game. Nor am I for armor that promotes exposure of skin and vital spots of the body. If you had read my post you would understand this. One thing to be beautiful...whole nother thing with it on the battlefield. If you think blatantly that the over exposure of T&A is empowering to women then you are lying to women. The only people who should say how women should be beautiful are women themselves. Calling yourself a feminine expression advocate is not only a blatant lie and laughably pathetic but is dangerous to women. It's like your Weinstien or some other person who wants to give "advice" to women. Using big words and false friendly terms to objectify how a "strong" woman looks like....

I didn't say you wanted bikinis, I was just expressing my opinion that I'd want exposing armor on my male characters too. I think the primary reason lots of people would want it is so they have the option of something that isn't a buttcape to wear that also shows some of the avatar's legs that can be mixed with other armor options, not simply for the sake of wearing as little as possible.

And you think the freedom of exposing their bodies is empowerment is a lie? So feminism is a lie? Well thank goodness you said it and not me.

And none of this is saying how women should be beautiful. It is and always has been about the freedom of wearing what they want without people like you chastizing them for it...I guess you're at least holding up your end of the bargain. You're not shaming women for wearing exposing clothes, you're shaming men for liking it, society for allowing men to like it and shaming logical people in the middle trying to explain why your view is contradictory.

@Leo G.4501 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:I find myself trapped in a very bizarre world. The people who used to chastise me for my prudishness now themselves aim to censor.I feel the same way. I have nothing against modesty and what not, but the OP isn't asking for twerking and poledancing emotes, which certainly might be construed as sexualization...it's just something any normal woman IRL can wear outside...but we have to censor it for some reason...it's a wierd world indeed.

Id just like to touch on this for a second, i dont want to see men or women run around in little floppy bits of clothing that covers almost nothing in real life to begin with. It has nothing to do with the it being sexualiziation, it has everything to do with modesty, of which ive been told i have far to much of, my point on that will still stand. On top of that, having something like a bikini count as "armor" is something ill be against /forever/ because i know for a fact if i was going to go up against a dragon i wouldnt want to do it in a bloody bikini, and the concept is an idiotic trope in RPG, that i would love to see one game not do.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:I find myself trapped in a very bizarre world. The people who used to chastise me for my prudishness now themselves aim to censor.I feel the same way. I have nothing against modesty and what not, but the OP isn't asking for twerking and poledancing emotes, which certainly might be construed as sexualization...it's just something any normal woman IRL can wear outside...but we have to censor it for some reason...it's a wierd world indeed.

Id just like to touch on this for a second, i dont want to see men
or
women run around in little floppy bits of clothing that covers almost nothing in real life to begin with. It has nothing to do with the it being sexualiziation, it has everything to do with modesty, of which ive been told i have far to much of, my point on that will still stand. On top of that, having something like a bikini count as "armor" is something ill be against /forever/ because i know for a fact if i was going to go up against a dragon i wouldnt want to do it in a bloody bikini, and the concept is an idiotic trope in RPG, that i would love to see one game not do.

I can respect your appeal to modesty as I know some people aren't comfortable seeing certain things.

But your argument of roleplay, I don't. There are many equipments I'm sure you wouldn't want to go up against a dragon wearing (cloth, a dress/tux, some leather armor on fire or just plain weak lower quality equipment barely effectual enough to stave off a bandit) but who are you to say who wears what while fighting dragons? There's a reason tropes exist and it's not because people are just idiotic.

@Leo G.4501 said:

or
women run around in little floppy bits of clothing that covers almost nothing in real life to begin with. It has nothing to do with the it being sexualiziation, it has everything to do with modesty, of which ive been told i have far to much of, my point on that will still stand. On top of that, having something like a bikini count as "armor" is something ill be against /forever/ because i know for a fact if i was going to go up against a dragon i wouldnt want to do it in a bloody bikini, and the concept is an idiotic trope in RPG, that i would love to see one game not do.

I can respect your appeal to modesty as I know some people aren't comfortable seeing certain things.

But your argument of roleplay, I don't. There are many equipments I'm sure you wouldn't want to go up against a dragon wearing (cloth, a dress/tux, some leather armor on fire or just plain weak lower quality equipment barely effectual enough to stave off a bandit) but who are you to say who wears what while fighting dragons? There's a reason tropes exist and it's not because people are just idiotic.

I didnt say others though, i said myself. i find the entire idea of somebody going up against a dragon in a bikini idiotic, and yes its my opinion. Before it becomes a question, yes i do have problems with the more revealing armors that already exist in game. Now ill give this for GW2, they wouldnt be following the typical "Less coverage is more protection" trope that most games follow for their females armor appearances, but id still rather not see a bunch of almost naked characters(male or female) running around.

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:Only if we go full final fantasy equality on this thing.If females were to get bikini armor, males should also get bikini armor.

fMa3sOP.jpg

Where is the bulge? :( When all girls get d or e-cups then I want some wintersocks in my undies!

@Dante.1763 said:

or

Would you want to go up against a dragon wearing a silk shirt and skirt? A blouse and tights? Wielding a sword with a blade insufficiently long to penetrate the dragon's scales? Wearing plate armor that would cook you alive if exposed to dragon's breath?

Against the threats faced by characters in gw2 the heaviest, most absolutely covering, armor in the game provides essentially no more protection that a miniskirt and blouse. So, if I had to choose between heavy, uncomfortable, sweaty, physically exhausting to wear (and I have worn heavy armor) and something light and comfortable that provides essentially the same protection...the choice seems obvious.

On the subject of "bikini armor" in fantasy, Shadiversity had a couple decent videos. Whether or not you agree with him, I think he brings up some good points.

and

As for actual bikinis, we already have them but sadly they're yellow. Give us non-yellow, at least in Southsun, let us be pretty on the beach.

@Ashen.2907 said:

or

Would you want to go up against a dragon wearing a silk shirt and skirt? A blouse and tights? Wielding a sword with a blade insufficiently long to penetrate the dragon's scales? Wearing plate armor that would cook you alive if exposed to dragon's breath?

Against the threats faced by characters in gw2 the heaviest, most absolutely covering, armor in the game provides essentially no more protection that a miniskirt and blouse. So, if I had to choose between heavy, uncomfortable, sweaty, physically exhausting to wear (and I have worn heavy armor) and something light and comfortable that provides essentially the same protection...the choice seems obvious.

sigh my point about modesty and what i do and do not like seeing went right over your head didnt it? The "Roleplay" part is minor compared to the former, and thankfully as a Charr i dont get alot of the skimpy/revealing clothing and i can pick the ones that look the most realistic, and the most covering, the latter of which, i value far more over the former. As i stated in a response to Leo, i dont want to see a bunch of people running around in almost no clothes what so freaking ever, it doesnt matter what kind of setting its in. Forgive me for not making that clearer in my original post. If this ever trope got added i would hope that anet added an option to have all characters wearing it show up in town clothes or something similar, as i dont want to see it.

fMa3sOP.jpg

I actually had that armor on my cat-man Blackmage. Along with boots, gloves, a top-hat and I wanted a cape but they don't have those...I was going for a Zatanna showman-esque costume without the fishnets (not a big fan of fishnets anyway) but for a cat-boy.

@Leo G.4501 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:I find myself trapped in a very bizarre world. The people who used to chastise me for my prudishness now themselves aim to censor.I feel the same way. I have nothing against modesty and what not, but the OP isn't asking for twerking and poledancing emotes, which certainly might be construed as sexualization...it's just something any normal woman IRL can wear outside...but we have to censor it for some reason...it's a wierd world indeed.

@"kapri.5918" said:If you had actually read everything then you would have understood that I don't want bikinis in the game. Nor am I for armor that promotes exposure of skin and vital spots of the body. If you had read my post you would understand this. One thing to be beautiful...whole nother thing with it on the battlefield. If you think blatantly that the over exposure of T&A is empowering to women then you are lying to women. The only people who should say how women should be beautiful are women themselves. Calling yourself a feminine expression advocate is not only a blatant lie and laughably pathetic but is dangerous to women. It's like your Weinstien or some other person who wants to give "advice" to women. Using big words and false friendly terms to objectify how a "strong" woman looks like....

I didn't say you wanted bikinis, I was just expressing my opinion that I'd want exposing armor on my male characters too. I think the primary reason lots of people would want it is so they have the option of something that isn't a buttcape to wear that also shows some of the avatar's legs that can be mixed with other armor options, not simply for the sake of wearing as little as possible.

And you think the freedom of exposing their bodies is empowerment is a lie? So feminism is a lie? Well thank goodness you said it and not me.

And none of this is saying how women should be beautiful. It is and always has been about the freedom of wearing what they want without people like you chastizing them for it...I guess you're at least holding up your end of the bargain. You're not shaming women for wearing exposing clothes, you're shaming men for liking it, society for allowing men to like it and shaming logical people in the middle trying to explain why your view is contradictory.

You're slowly starting to understand what I am saying. Showing one's body in a sexual way is not feminism. How, in any way, does it help promote women as a whole other than give them an image as someone who would only use their sexual assets to promote themselves? Like any group that is non white male, asking for rights but to turn around and only use one asset of their whole being? Would that then be a degradation to those women who want to get into fields that do not require "sexuality" then have to walk around in skimpy attire or bikinis? I am not going to chastise them for wearing what they please. But appearances can tell you a lot about a person. I am also not going to shame my fellow man for enjoying something. But what I am going to do is fight the legitimization that somehow only "strong" and "empowered" women wear sexy clothing or bikinis.

@kapri.5918 said:

@kapri.5918 said:If you had actually read everything then you would have understood that I don't want bikinis in the game. Nor am I for armor that promotes exposure of skin and vital spots of the body. If you had read my post you would understand this. One thing to be beautiful...whole nother thing with it on the battlefield. If you think blatantly that the over exposure of T&A is empowering to women then you are lying to women. The only people who should say how women should be beautiful are women themselves. Calling yourself a feminine expression advocate is not only a blatant lie and laughably pathetic but is dangerous to women. It's like your Weinstien or some other person who wants to give "advice" to women. Using big words and false friendly terms to objectify how a "strong" woman looks like....

You're slowly starting to understand what I am saying. Showing one's body in a sexual way is not feminism. How, in any way, does it help promote women as a whole other than give them an image as someone who would only use their sexual assets to promote themselves? Like any group that is non white male, asking for rights but to turn around and only use one asset of their whole being? Would that then be a degradation to those women who want to get into fields that do not require "sexuality" then have to walk around in skimpy attire or bikinis? I am not going to chastise them for wearing what they please. But appearances can tell you a lot about a person. I am also not going to shame my fellow man for enjoying something. But what I am going to do is fight the legitimization that somehow only "strong" and "empowered" women wear sexy clothing or bikinis.

This is probably the closest I'll get to an SJdub in actually direct discussion as most normal people I talk to don't actually like or use and disagree with views that directly target people by proxy of group identities such as male, straight, people of color, white, etc. Those identities have a meaning but those idenities are not entities that exist. They are merely categories that don't carry agency, goals, beliefs or rights themselves. It's the individual people that carry and mix those identities that have these things.

The ideology that we need to promote women (the identity) rather than women (the actual individuals) is why feminism has created such a bizarre contradictory and backwards atmosphere that has you so confused on the subject. You say showing one's body in a sexual way is not feminism when feminism has said that very thing (in defense of sex workers) as well as the opposite at the same time. Degradation to women? Using only one asset? Fighting against sexy women being considered strong? If you truly believe this group identity is a living being that exists, at what point do you start treating this group identity (women) as an adult rather than a child that must be protected from the ills of the world?

But this is getting off topic and likely will get this thread closed.

On topic: Introducing a bikini isn't legitimizing sexy women as being the ONLY strong and empowered women. I have no idea how you jumped to that conclusion.