11/13/2018—November 13 Release Notes
Runes and sigils are becoming salvageable! When salvaged, they will yield new materials that can be used to craft sigils or runes as well as new items. A majority of runes and sigils are also changing to create greater variety and versatility and to promote more active gameplay. Have fun picking out the gear upgrades that best suit your playstyle! Numerous recipes for runes and sigils are being introduced that can be obtained from crafting trainers or discovered in Tyria. In addition, every recipe has been changed. Happy recipe hunting! Please see separate posts in this thread for changes to sigils and runes effective 13 November 2018.
- Soren Draa: Fixed an issue in which some options in Calcutician Doola's dialogue led to incorrect responses.
- Salvage Kits: The chance to extract a rune or sigil from equipment is now a chance to salvage the upgrades directly into their crafting materials. This does not affect Black Lion Salvage Kits, which will continue to always extract upgrades intact.
- Sigil of Mischief: The Mystic Forge recipes for all versions of this sigil have been removed.
- Rune of Snowfall: The Mystic Forge recipes for all versions of this rune have been removed.
- Potent Lucent Oil: The recipe to craft this item has been made available from the huntsman crafting trainer.
- Enhanced Lucent Oil: The recipe to craft this item has been made available from the huntsman crafting trainer.
- The Element of the Arbor trophy for the Awakening the Druid Stone collection achievement is now available at all times from the restless arboreal spirit if the player needs the item and has already beaten the spirit's skill challenge.
- Toss Elixir U (Underwater): Fixed a bug in which this skill could target an enemy rather than release in the direction the player was facing.
- Evasive Mirror: Clarified the description of this trait.
- Rising Momentum: Fixed a bug that removed more movement speed than intended when Facet of Nature was deactivated.
- "To the Limit!": This skill will no longer cause warriors to shout "I will avenge you!"
Structured Player vs. Player
- Djinn's Dominion: This 5v5 conquest map is now open for beta testing in unranked and in custom arenas. Elder Yasmi the Fickle has drawn competitors into the Mists to fight for her amusement. From time to time, she will open up a capture point in her bottle. The team who captures it will be granted a single-use skill.
- New achievements can now be earned in Djinn's Dominion.
- Asura Arena: This small team deathmatch map has been added to custom arenas.
- Mistforged Glorious Hero's armor has been added to the League Vendor and the Tournament Vendor. Similar to other ascended PvP armor, this armor set can be upgraded to the legendary tier.
- Sigil of Annulment: Loss Aversion now removes only 2 boons as intended.
World vs. World
- Marked: This effect has been updated and will now reveal enemies for 5 seconds if they remain in stealth for 2 seconds or more. This effect is referred to as Detected!
- New Trick Added—Target Painter: Throw a trick that allows the player to mark up to 50 enemies in a targeted radius of 360 for 30 seconds. This effect cannot be avoided, and it costs 10 supply to deploy.
- Stealth Disruptor Trap: This trap has been renamed Target Painter Trap and will now mark up to 50 enemies in a 1,200 radius for 30 seconds. This effect cannot be avoided, and its cost is still 10 supply.
- Participation will no longer decay outside of WvW. As a result, rewards based on participation (pips and reward tracks) will be delayed until the next full tick when entering WvW from outside other WvW maps.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- The new Raven Helm is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems.
- The new Raven Mantle is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems.
- For a limited time, the Awakened Mounts Pack returns to the Style category of the Gem Store for 1,600 gems.
- With the rune and sigil update, the Upgrade Extractor has received a permanent price reduction. It is available in the Utility category of the Gem Store where it can be purchased in a pack of 3 for 250 gems, a pack of 10 for 700 gems, and a pack of 25 for 1,500 gems.
Black Lion Chest Updates
The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Battle-Hardened Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The Battle-Hardened Kit is the guaranteed item containing valuables, rations, and a competitive-reward-track boost.
- The new Desert King Throne is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of the Battle-Hardened Chest.
- The Envoy Scythe Staff Skin remains in the chest, and the Wild Magic Backpack Glider Combo returns to the chest. Both are uncommon drops for the duration of the Battle-Hardened Chest.
- The Desert King weapon collection and Phoenix weapon collection are available as uncommon and rare drops respectively for the duration of the Battle-Hardened Chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of Bounty and Glyph of the Herbalist are available as rare drops for the duration of the Battle-Hardened Chest.
The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or by redeeming one at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- The available dye kits have been updated to new sets.
- The exclusive Jeweled Scarab Package, Mini Awakened Mounts Pack, and Jackal Pup Backpack have been added.
- Additional items including the Grenth's Regalia Outfit, Balthazar's Regalia Outfit, Lyssa's Regalia, Dwayna's Regalia Outfit, Abaddon's Mask, Glint's Gaze Mask, Glowing Green Mask, and Glowing Crimson Mask have been added.
The Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlocks have received a significant update. The maximum rarity for equipment skins has been increased to exotic, and many older exotic items have been added. Future updates to the wardrobe unlocks will continue to add older exotic items beyond this initial set.
- Over 600 new items have been added—mostly weapon and armor skins, but new dyes, gliders, outfits, finishers, and miniatures have also been added.
- Fixed an issue in which the Haunted Armor Outfit could appear deformed for human males while in their combat stance.
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events;