So what's the trick? (Token Collector question)

I'm trying to complete the "Token Collector" achievement in Ember Bay. Token number 33 on the Dulfy page (dulfy.net/2016/09/21/gw2-token-collector-rising-flames-achievement-guide/) indicates that player needs to "be very careful to not lose any height". However, every time I try it (around 20 times now) I drop too much and hit the shelf itself. I can't maintain the altitude I need to get up on the shelf. I know this has been completed by many others, so it's obviously possible, but I can't seem to figure out the trick. How do I "not lose any height" when gliding?

I think it took me around 15 tries to get.... if you're leaning as you glide you are doing it right, i think there's one or two very small specific spots you're supposed to glide directly to to get it. If you didn't originally try it on a mesmer, i'd suggest doing so to portal yourself back up everytime.

@Lexi.1398 said:I think it took me around 15 tries to get.... if you're leaning as you glide you are doing it right, i think there's one or two very small specific spots you're supposed to glide directly to to get it. If you didn't originally try it on a mesmer, i'd suggest doing so to portal yourself back up everytime.

I like that mesmer idea. I'll do that from now on as well.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Lexi.1398" said:I think it took me around 15 tries to get...

Ditto. It's normal, so the OP shouldn't worry. And yes, some content seems like it was meant to drive you crazy. ;)

I agree.

Also, I think Dulfy is a lot better at parkour (jump-puzzling sorts of stuff) than most of us (including me). So there are a lot of things that look easy in her videos but aren't in practice. It's not always clear exactly what tricks she uses, where she begins her jump, where she aims her turns or landings, etc. (I don't fault her for that: she produces an incredible number of guides in short periods of time; her goal is speed, not training.)

As a result, I try not to worry about how she does it. There's usually several ways to accomplish the task, so I try to look for another route.

@Lightbringer.5860 said:I did it recently, and I think I got it when I went out a bit further instead of constantly hugging the wall.

It's been ages since I did that achievement, but I think I did it the same way. Hugging the wall can severely interfere with your gliding. Also, it is hard to always see your target area in tight spaces like that, so it helps to visually memorize the directions before attempting the flight. It's a bit tricky, but it's doable. :+1:

At 26:17 in the guide-video, do NOT head straight to the right wall. Insteadr3btKjw.jpgAim for point A until you reach the green line, then aim for point B directly into the corner.

Dulfy also avoids touching the wall, she just glides parallel to it. You can do whatever method you feel more comfortable with. The big problem is, once you hit the right wall, you get slowed down for a very tiny bit, which causes you to not make it onto the platform. However, aiming for the corner in point B seems to be the best chance for a success, as this part of the large platform seems to be lowered.

Also, there something you might be interested in: Prototype Position Rewinder

It is a gizmo, which can be purchased from the heart-vendor at the Anniogel Encampment Waypoint [&BCULAAA=] in the Sandswept Isles (Living Story 4 E 2).It is a portable personal portal with infinite range, a very short cooldown and allows you to infinitely try extremely difficult jumps without back-tracking to the last checkpoint or even to the beginning. It can be used while gliding and you can always re-program your start position to your current location. It is pretty helpful for any sort of token-collector achievements and tedious Jumping Puzzles such as the Chalice of Tears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 3 years later...