Ranger I do not enjoy the Soulbeast Build or Druid, This was Ranger bad changed it.

Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136

As far as i am concerned they basically killed ranger. I rather not run druid and ranger has been my main class for years. They should Have brought a Monk back into the game instead of forcing others to take the role of Healer, now after the update i find ranger in PvP is pointless and PvP not worth doing I have not been in WvW in years its not my thing :s so i am only guessing they are just as bad there too.... they refuse to make it possible for us to save our builds for 9 classes and my memory don't work on remembering every class skills and traits i really shouldn't need to go to another website to constantly to look at a build to change a build for PvE PvP WvW or Raids I should be able to save my builds and just load it. But back to ranger I feel the class is no longer playable. Its no longer a Ranger they wanted a Druid so they made Ranger take up the role of a Monk so wrong. Scourge is still too OP in PvP they have done nothing in the last 9 months to tone it down they claimed that they made the game balanced but it was not balanced for ranger nothing works in pvp anymore for that class :( and I dont even go to PoF anymore... Sorry for ranting I'm just tired of them saying the game is Balanced when it's not they did nothing for the Ranger class but make it worse. 9 months with nothing done to help ranger in PvP or WvW.

So is the Range now the class of Druid/Healer (Monk) and they just lessened the cast time on spirits because they want others to take up the roll of Healer? Can someone PLease Fix the ranger Class and make it worth playing because I'm losing interest in the game real quick

I wished they had Brought Monk back I never wanted to be a Druid I refuse to play Healer Druidand I hate my ranger with a horrible passion, Its just not worth playing anymore.....If you look at Metabattle all of those builds for conquest i have tried and none work i have tried my own build they dont work in PvP Ranger is a bad class now :(

I have to agree, from pvp perspective i think they overnerfed the sustainability of druid, now you can’t bunker against almost any class, at least before you can win or draw against warrior or mesmer, now you just got destroyed. You can’t focus on support also, firebrand is just waaay better. Honestly i’m now confused on the role of druid, you can’t bunker, your support is limited, and your damage is just bad..

So yeah just reroll to another class..

The most recent nerf to druid was harsh but it was good spot in the beginning of the season. And what are you smoking ranger is amazing right now. Ive never had so much fun, Core ranger is a fantastic 1v1er (running NM with WS and BM) you can 1v1 just about anything and soul-beast fantastic damage dealer that can be built into a dueler if you need to.

core ranger > soulbeast in any way be it dueler or dmg dealer.......druid needs either more stability and healing back or more dps options and rework of staff 2 4 5 skills (aoe root instead of slow line for skill4) etc.......verdant etching needs to go back to 2 condi cleanses so you dont have to run WS for condi cleanses and glyphs need rework anyway for pvp and pve.

PS: state ranger is balanced cuz its one of the worst is joke.....scourge, mesmer, fb, condi mirage are stillll waaaaay over the top when i play my condi mirage i feel like a god.

Druid is still the best option for healing/boons in raids.Soulbeast Condi is still a great option for general DPS play outside of raids.Power LB/GS Soulbeast with Gazelle for F2 run is a strong option for wvw roaming and small havoc groups.Power Soulbeast builds are currently very viable in spvp to the point that one may make it into the next conquest meta, finally.Core Ranger builds are actually some of the stronger core builds in the game, believe it or not.

Ranger is not in a bad place. It is actually in a great spot for the first time in years. Though I do think that Druid did not need such a heavy nerf to CA healing.

I main a ranger in ranked spvp (1534 mmr at the moment), and it's still fine. I actually find soulbeast can heavily outperform core in many 1v1 matchups, but core is still a very safe offensive choice. Even bunker druid still has a place on a team, but it can't be the solo far-troller like it used to be.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Druid is still the best option for healing/boons in raids.Soulbeast Condi is still a great option for general DPS play outside of raids.Power LB/GS Soulbeast with Gazelle for F2 run is a strong option for wvw roaming and small havoc groups.Power Soulbeast builds are currently very viable in spvp to the point that one may make it into the next conquest meta, finally.Core Ranger builds are actually some of the stronger core builds in the game, believe it or not.

Ranger is not in a bad place. It is actually in a great spot for the first time in years. Though I do think that Druid did not need such a heavy nerf to CA healing.

I'm new to ranger and I'm having a blast roaming on SB. Yes the marauder/dura/zerker trinkets type but I prefer brown bear to gazelle for more survivability.

• 5 months later...

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:As far as i am concerned they basically killed ranger. I rather not run druid and ranger has been my main class for years. They should Have brought a Monk back into the game instead of forcing others to take the role of Healer, now after the update i find ranger in PvP is pointless and PvP not worth doing I have not been in WvW in years its not my thing :s so i am only guessing they are just as bad there too.... they refuse to make it possible for us to save our builds for 9 classes and my memory don't work on remembering every class skills and traits i really shouldn't need to go to another website to constantly to look at a build to change a build for PvE PvP WvW or Raids I should be able to save my builds and just load it. But back to ranger I feel the class is no longer playable. Its no longer a Ranger they wanted a Druid so they made Ranger take up the role of a Monk so wrong. Scourge is still too OP in PvP they have done nothing in the last 9 months to tone it down they claimed that they made the game balanced but it was not balanced for ranger nothing works in pvp anymore for that class :( and I dont even go to PoF anymore... Sorry for ranting I'm just tired of them saying the game is Balanced when it's not they did nothing for the Ranger class but make it worse. 9 months with nothing done to help ranger in PvP or WvW.

So is the Range now the class of Druid/Healer (Monk) and they just lessened the cast time on spirits because they want others to take up the roll of Healer? Can someone PLease Fix the ranger Class and make it worth playing because I'm losing interest in the game real quick

I wished they had Brought Monk back I never wanted to be a Druid I refuse to play Healer Druidand I hate my ranger with a horrible passion, Its just not worth playing anymore.....If you look at Metabattle all of those builds for conquest i have tried and none work i have tried my own build they dont work in PvP Ranger is a bad class now :(

Couple of your points I'd like to address.Plenty of people play Ranked PvP and do well with Ranger . Oh you might not get plat 3/Legendary with a Ranger build but realistically you wouldn't anyways.

Is there a good reason you aren't playing soulbeast? It's very strong atm and once you get used to the pets it still plays very similar to a Vanilla Ranger. There are also builds that work around the 'merging and unmerging' from your pet--basically you just stay in Merge all the time. It's very handy. Don't like that? Learn to merge/unmerge. By and large the rest of us have. It's clunky aye Eff for a while...but after you get used to it, it's a beautiful thing. While merged with owl, I can cast run speed, do 2 leaps to far, swap over to smokescale, send the pet after my target, get some dmg and a stun in, go into soulbeast, F2-Bouncing dmg around my target, into a f1-stun and land a World Impact.It's great fun.

You can make a very offense oriented Druid , so why wouldn't you want to try that out. You can play Ranger the same way as vanilla except you have a get out of jail free card by dropping all condis, stunning enemies, regenning yourself and you can end Avatar, get stealth and super speed and either run away or reposition in the fight. Its basically ranger with a few more options.

I agree with you on the following-- They should make it possible to completely possible to save traits, weapons/sigils and Runes at the push of a button.I have 3 rangers for the simple fact that I know which build each one has.....or it lets me try out a new build without having to change the 2 tested builds I can rely on.This option was in WoW 2 years in. This game was much more advanced when it was released and how long has it been now? It should of been in game immediately and at least by now.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you about scourge. Please, go to the Necro forums and tell them how scourge in pvp is underpowered and how it hasnt been nerfed. Sorry to bring this to your attention, but scourge has been repeatedly nerfed. They are no where nearly as dominant as they were. Personally speaking, unless there is 2 and I get caught unaware in the middle of their condi bomb and also get CC'd, I can usually get away to live another day. There are utility skills, weapons and traits that will accomplish this almost just as easily for a vanilla ranger compared to a druid or a soulbeast. Troll Unguent Traited with muddy terrain removes a ton of condis, signet of renewal grants resistance to your pet and pulls conditions from nearby allies to itself.....lightning reflexes and quickening zephyr can get you out of a bad situation and quickly. Sword 2 and GS3 will get you out of a bad situtation as well. I could go on and on. My point being, if you are stubborn and want to only play Vanilla Ranger, you still have most of the tools that Druids and Soulbeasts have.

@"Amityel.5324" said:yep druid is dead soulbeast is average only good build for ranger is core with BM WS and MMS

Soulbeast is average... yeah...ok. What world are you living in?Soulbeast arguably one of the best 1v1 class in game atm in Ranked PvP.

Oh yeah, btw, we have a Soulbeast that made Top 10 in SPvP this last season -Eurantein

Have you been ignoring posts like these?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59725/what-gives-soulbeast-the-hardest-time#latesthttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59433/plat-3-legendary-ranger-stream#latesthttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/58956/eurantien-4632-grats-on-top-10-ranked-pvp#latest

Im sure these Rangers are just terrible because they don't run vanilla ranger, Right?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56991/video-soulbeast-ranked-match#latesthttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59004/video-commentary-outnumbered-druid-wvw#latesthttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57802/video-roaming-with-my-perma-quickness-build#latesthttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60255/vid-soulbeast-wvw-roaming-solid-fun-fights#latesthttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60229/vid-solo-roaming-outnumbered-princess-cay#latest

sorry been gone for a bit.... not interested in soul-beast um never wanted to play druid they should have brought back a monk as most of us gw1 players asked for i think my ranger is nothing but trash. i don't play her anymore the only way she get much damage is by using a axe and warhorn i don't see a even balance for ranger i see it as being forced into Druid i am not happy about. don't get me wrong i loved my ranger i miss it but its not the same. i will try druid when i get the chance to change all her armor again for it but i am totally turned off by the ideal and just avoid it now. I basically buy the pieces i need for druid maybe once a month or less. i hope all that have posted here don't take offence to this i will take my time and read all you have said and leave a message to your and my thoughts on the builds for ranger...

• Confused 1

It's almost as if a ranged (read: RANGER) class that has roflcopter damage at a distance SHOULD be getting ripped to shreds at punching distance. Gotta trade off somehow for that Weapon Swap and walking carry-me that I have zero doubt was yoinked from HoT.

Congratulations, you are now 71% balanced with Engi. Enjoy your stay.

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:It's almost as if a ranged (read: RANGER) class that has roflcopter damage at a distance SHOULD be getting ripped to shreds at punching distance. Gotta trade off somehow for that Weapon Swap and walking carry-me that I have zero doubt was yoinked from HoT.

Congratulations, you are now 71% balanced with Engi. Enjoy your stay.

Hahahaha <3 the feedback

• Sad 1

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Druid is still the best option for healing/boons in raids.Soulbeast Condi is still a great option for general DPS play outside of raids.Power LB/GS Soulbeast with Gazelle for F2 run is a strong option for wvw roaming and small havoc groups.Power Soulbeast builds are currently very viable in spvp to the point that one may make it into the next conquest meta, finally.Core Ranger builds are actually some of the stronger core builds in the game, believe it or not.

I agree with you in principle, but aside from what you said about Druid, the rest of your statements can be debated.

Soulbeast Condi is still a great option for general DPS play outside of raids.That can be said of every profession running any build. Flamethrower Engy is equally fine for open world farming, but I wouldn't say it was a competitive build for any game mode that matters.

Power LB/GS Soulbeast with Gazelle for F2 run is a strong option for wvw roaming and small havoc groups.I think a highly skilled Soulbeast is a force to reckon with, but that doesn't describe a large percentage of GW2 players. A lesser skilled player running Deadeye, Mirage, Holo, or even Reaper would be a more reliable choice.

I also would surmise that in a contest against top skilled players in GW2, a the Soulbeast would lose to player using other professions.

Power Soulbeast builds are currently very viable in spvp to the point that one may make it into the next conquest meta, finally.Can't comment as I don't sPvP, but I have heard this said many times. Still the major grumble seems to always be about Mesmers (but what else is new), but in any case, at least the Ranger has 1 game mode where they are top dog.

Core Ranger builds are actually some of the stronger core builds in the game, believe it or not.I agree with this, but Core Necro, Warrior and Guardian are all equally viable, which adds up to about half the professions. Hardly an exclusive club :)

But for open world / leveling, you would think that Ranger is good (it was the 1st class I chose), but I've since concluded that a Ranger LB + pet build is pretty terrible for leveling because it has no cleave.

I'm not trying to poo-poo the Ranger, but I can't agree with the idea that it's in a good place. I have 5 LV 80s, and while my Ranger was the 1st character I leveled, she is the one I currently play the least; I only bring her out when I want to solo WvW dailies, where her speed (Owl / GS) really helps, or if I want to fight a world boss like Teq or Mega, and I don't want to have to dodge.