[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@hugo.4705 said:Another one: Weapon swap for engineer, would be awesome to swap between rifle <-> Sword + shield / rifle <-> Hammer will not affect that much mechanics, will just allow passing from ranged attacks to Close combat.

The Engineer is designed like this because of kits.It wouldn't be fair to have a character who can have practically a third weapon slot because of kits.

@BlueIce.6951 said:Add some more festival type food drops/recipes like gummy worms for halloween, or gummy oozes.

I mean, sure they could do that but how long before they become worthless and just clog your inventory?I'd rather them come up with massive sinks for Halloween food and such, to make the worthless items have a purpose.Like a Trick or Treat event in LA or something where you give kids candy or like the one for Wintersday, lets just give Orphans our candy and such and we get karma in return, like mess us up with karma.This could mean that eventually we might see Halloween food not be as worthless on the TP anymore, because all Halloween we will probably give it up for karma which means less will end up on the TP.

@Akrasia.5469 said:

@Gradash.3271 said:Heart of Thorns Rebalance

Let face the real, HoT is abandoned. I'm trying to complete the skills points challenges and is just impossible! There are not enough people to complete it! For META events the situation is EVEN WORSE! Just there are not enough people to complete it and they require a lot of people to be complete. If you are a lone wolf is just not possible to complete HoT anymore.

Skill Points Events should be Reduced to Cooper or SilverMETA Events should have those difficulties drastically reduced.

I solo HoT a lot and there are still a lot of people playing when I'm on. I do think the skill challenges can be tough but with a shout on the map there are usually people around to help. Maybe some tweaking but not a major nerf of HoT. The METAs are fine all except Tangled Depths which was the weakest map anyway.

Yeah, like IDK what version of HoT you are play Gardash, because there are plenty of people around doing it.People can solo most of the HP's but there is also always someone around to help. It only takes 2 or 3 people most of the time to fight them.And people run trains quite often.Events have always been a mixed bag, even during the start of HoT. People aren't always coordinated.That being said, HoT is more active than PoF because there are map metas. There is very little to do a repeat in PoF and leaves a strong spot for HoT to stay at the top for running events.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

@BlueIce.6951 said:Add some more festival type food drops/recipes like gummy worms for halloween, or gummy oozes.

I mean, sure they could do that but how long before they become worthless and just clog your inventory?I'd rather them come up with massive sinks for Halloween food and such, to make the worthless items have a purpose.Like a Trick or Treat event in LA or something where you give kids candy or like the one for Wintersday, lets just give Orphans our candy and such and we get karma in return, like mess us up with karma.This could mean that eventually we might see Halloween food not be as worthless on the TP anymore, because all Halloween we will probably give it up for karma which means less will end up on the TP.

I would really like to see more variety not necessarily more quantity, but you are right that we need some kind of permanent food/potion sink that provides utility and will encourage more chef/artificer crafting of those items (including festival specific items).

Oh, how about making food items salvageable like they are about to do with sigils and runes. We should know after tomorrow how that works out with the economy and all of the ones people trash now.

@BlueIce.6951 said:

I would really like to see more variety not necessarily more quantity, but you are right that we need some kind of permanent food/potion sink that provides utility and will encourage more chef/artificer crafting of those items (including festival specific items).

Oh, how about making food items salvageable like they are about to do with sigils and runes. We should know after tomorrow how that works out with the economy and all of the ones people trash now.

Unfortunately, quantity will always come with it.

I just wish you could sell everything at normal merchants, so even things you are clogged up on and can't sell or do anything with them have a purpose.Eg. I am not much of a crafter and have tons or Airship Oil and Auric Dust and I don't have anything to do with them yet. I would love to sell them at a normal merchant for just some money.Same with the Halloween food and tonics, etc. Just let me sell them. I don't have to get a lot. In fact I would accept some silver for a full stack, that is how desperate I am to do more than just delete them.

Add option to display ACCOUNT name instead character names (especially in chats)

For player like me, casual, absolutely not in the whole Role Playing thing, with multiple characters it's confusing to talk to ppl, one person will call me by my ranger name in chat, I'm responding as my mesmer, then someone calling my mesmer name and I'm already on my thief farming flax.

I would like to show my account name in chat, and what the hell, even above heads of my characters. I'd like to be known as mr X, not mr A, B, C, D, E , F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S or T...

Seperate option to right-click salvage All Rare Armor from right-click salvage All Rare Runes-Sigils.

Even with salvagable Runes-Sigils, i still prefer to put Rares into Mystic Forge. And now i had to single-click salvage all my Rare Armor just to preserve Rare Runes and Sigils.

P.s. i have alot of Black Lion Salvage Kits for Rare Armors-Weapons =)

@Akrasia.5469 said:

@Gradash.3271 said:Heart of Thorns Rebalance

Let face the real, HoT is abandoned. I'm trying to complete the skills points challenges and is just impossible! There are not enough people to complete it! For META events the situation is EVEN WORSE! Just there are not enough people to complete it and they require a lot of people to be complete. If you are a lone wolf is just not possible to complete HoT anymore.

Skill Points Events should be Reduced to Cooper or SilverMETA Events should have those difficulties drastically reduced.

I solo HoT a lot and there are still a lot of people playing when I'm on. I do think the skill challenges can be tough but with a shout on the map there are usually people around to help. Maybe some tweaking but not a major nerf of HoT. The METAs are fine all except Tangled Depths which was the weakest map anyway.

Unfortunately, depending on either EU or NA, with the exception of Dragon's stand and Auric basin, the other maps are not very populated, making new player reticent to play them. I can say that my experience on the first map of HoT was very frustrating, cause i ran around for 1h trying to do events, but no luck, since my map was not populated, no lfgs were available and enemies were incredibly hard to bypass/defeat solo(and this with the use of PoF mounts), couple this with the fact that events are not very rewarding in terms of xp or items you get ... well frustration cause you can't progress. This as opposed to PoF where i managed to do map completion easily on the first 3 maps (currently working on desolation where difficulty was slightly bumped up)

90% of all suggestions would be done by players itself, with some kind of scripting language (LUA?) implemented in GW2 like it is done in WOW. Using API privileges ArenaNet would have total control of what addons can or cannot do, without having this grey area as it is now, where players don't know what addon they can use without break the TOS. Plus, addons would be function without problems on Apple computers.Just look here https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons All this stuff is made by players FOR FREE.Just a dream :) I miss so much WOW addons...

@hugo.4705 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Being able to open sunken chests everywhere, when we want. You don't mind how many keys I deleted just because I had enough of seeing already opened chests.

Why don't you just go to the chests in a cycle?

Explain. ;) During Halloween I used to have 5 keys, I just wandered at every spot without doing 'blood in water', all chests were open. So totally stupid. If you have to do the achiev to unlock the chest each day, it's even more stupid. :/

Player error. Look at the Sunken Treasure achievement window. It tells you which chests are already open and which are not.

This may be too much as a quality of life topic, but I would like to have map shards that allow you to join in after an event has started.

For example, my friend was hunting Tequatl the Sunless, and I wanted to join in, but the map shard was full. That's a little inconvenient, and I don't know what the solution is, but that would be a huge QoL improvement, where you don't have to wait to join in with friends.

@ParaNoidAndroid.1406 said:This may be too much as a quality of life topic, but I would like to have map shards that allow you to join in after an event has started.

For example, my friend was hunting Tequatl the Sunless, and I wanted to join in, but the map shard was full. That's a little inconvenient, and I don't know what the solution is, but that would be a huge QoL improvement, where you don't have to wait to join in with friends.

Perhaps if they can add an exception for members of a party/squad. Even keep a reserved amount of space for people to joining a 'full map' in such a situation. I think this would help with every-day PVE matters. The only thing I'm worried about is someone finding a way through this causing a map to be flooded to heavily. It's a good thought though, I like it a lot.

This might sound a little "out of the water", but I think if the devs test and check the balance of this that it will improve the game-play all around.I spent a few minutes crating a small list of "Ascend Runes" that, I think, would make an interesting addition to the game. This will give people more flexibility with their builds and perhaps even open up more rune-mixing. It could get interesting.....Anyways, check it out. You might be interested in it too. (Devs will probably have better balance than me. I'm still sort of a newb. :bleep_bloop: )https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1woddobJDE7yGaQXHs4Up_l3CyYa4pBTjar7OXfpF5Hs/edit?usp=sharing

@Lex.2081 said:

@ParaNoidAndroid.1406 said:This may be too much as a quality of life topic, but I would like to have map shards that allow you to join in after an event has started.

Perhaps if they can add an exception for members of a party/squad. Even keep a reserved amount of space for people to joining a 'full map' in such a situation. I think this would help with every-day PVE matters. The only thing I'm worried about is someone finding a way through this causing a map to be flooded to heavily. It's a good thought though, I like it a lot.

I believe someone also had a suggestion related on a notice in LFG postings if the map the party/squad is in is full so you don't just get shunted to another map and have to figure out why you are not with your group.

@"hellsqueen.3045" said:There are tons items that are bound to certain content. Look at Living World Season 2. In the Silverwastes you can get carapace armor, however to get the pants unlocked you actually need to have LWS2. And then, if you want to upgrade it to the Luminescent Stuff then you need to have LWS2 anyway.The new Elegy and Requiem stuff will be locked behind the LWS4 content.

Having certain things locked behind their content isn't a bad thing, like if you want it, then you get access to the content like everyone else did.

"Again, the Revenant isn't just a HoT profession: It's an Expansion profession. Therefore, players of other expansions outside of HoT should still be able to acquire the Mistward armor set and its associated title via completing content of similar difficulty in other expansion areas."

The difference here is that the Mistward set is the iconic armor set for a profession that can be be unlocked by purchasing any expansion. What i'm trying to say is that it doesn't make sense to lock only part of the collection behind insignia collection pieces that can only be acquired from HoT maps when HoT is no longer the only expansion that can unlock Revenant.

I and other have already suggested a monster compendium that tracks the types of creatures you have encountered. If this does get implemented, it would be really awesome to tie locations of where you encountered the creatures (monsters, enemies, ranger pets, etc...) to map locations. There would need to be a toggle for main map to show creatures, select the creature you want and you see a concentration heat map overlay.

This could also be tied into future storylines or achievements like the tiger hunt.

Along the lines of my previous post, it would be really great if we could have an in-game recipe book that went across the account. We currently have a notice for when we know a recipe even if it is for a profession not on the character looking at the recipe.

I think it would be cool to store all of the account known recipes for look-up across characters/crafting professions including mystic forge only recipes. I do not count the mystic forge recipes to include dumping 4 armors, weapons, sigils, etc... The only ones that count should be things that always give you the same end result.

In addition, it would be great if we could get a tag on crafting material stating something like "used in 23 known recipes and 4 unknown recipes".

WoW the best topic from old forum is finally back!

• New track for Memory of Battle or possibly loot from fallen enemy. in the WvW.
  • Higher limit for daily achievements than 15k. For people with limit of daily achievements give something in return, for example (one mystic coin)
  • Higher limit for Magic find from Luck. After the limit has been raised add merchant with boosters for sale, if you Luck is full, you gain new curency for this merchant after consumable luck.
  • New Jumping Puzzles for PoF.
  • In the PoF story and other Living story there is no reward in the form "Black Lion Key". Core, living story 2, HoT had that reward but there is not in the PoF.
  • New Control Options on change tools (priority for tools from shared slots)
  • When we use Makeover kit or hairstyle kit previev its good to add option for save our makeover kit/hair setting. So that you do not set your ideal look/hairstyle again
  • More Giants enemy for Giants Slayer achievement.
  • Add in the Filter for unlocked or unblocked items in the Trade Post
  • Add in the Crafting possibility set priority display at the top of the crafting list for items what we want craft first.
  • Add Button in the options for reset music in th map. Sometimes is bugged from the other map or music isnt played
  • New Endless Combat Tonics droped in the dungeons (for example in the Ascalon Catacombs "Endless Ascalonian Ghost Tonic (random transform for every Ascalonian Ghost.
  • New Underwear It's hard to play with the same underwear for 6 years.
  • New Race (??? Tengu ???)
  • Add possibility for New Armor skins from Outfits (300-400 gems per Outfit ?)
  • In The Silverwastes map new players have a problem with Core masteries from Legendary mobs. I think is better to add one for spawn, where camp is fully upgraded since defense event ofcorse.
  • Add possibility for Guilds for more Guild Halls. One Guild hall Leader chosses for Main Teleport. In the map or from the Main Guild Hall players can use Waypoint/Asura Gate to get to Other Guilds Halls.
  • More Guilds Missions and more love for Guild Panel