Ranger I do not enjoy the Soulbeast Build or Druid, This was Ranger bad changed it.

Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Ranger is not in a bad place. It is actually in a great spot for the first time in years. Though I do think that Druid did not need such a heavy nerf to CA healing.Power LB/GS Soulbeast with Gazelle for F2 run is a strong option for wvw roaming and small havoc groups.I think a highly skilled Soulbeast is a force to reckon with, but that doesn't describe a large percentage of GW2 players. A lesser skilled player running Deadeye, Mirage, Holo, or even Reaper would be a more reliable choice.

I also would surmise that in a contest against top skilled players in GW2, a the Soulbeast would lose to player using other professions.

You are so wrong, Soulbeast is one the powerful class in WvW roaming and small groups. Also as a duelist, he is very strong, only a very good mesmer and engineer can be a real opponent for him.The Soulbeast has now everything: a very mobility, a very good burst, a good condi cleanse, good defensive skills and good escape skills. He is not a support class as a druid was before, he is more selfish class atm, but every roaming party or small wvw group want to have it.

Power Soulbeast builds are currently very viable in spvp to the point that one may make it into the next conquest meta, finally.Can't comment as I don't sPvP, but I have heard this said many times. Still the major grumble seems to always be about Mesmers (but what else is new), but in any case, at least the Ranger has 1 game mode where they are top dog.

Yes, Soubeast is very good in sPVP too, and with this he has 2 game modes where they are in the top.

I'm not trying to poo-poo the Ranger, but I can't agree with the idea that it's in a good place. I have 5 LV 80s, and while my Ranger was the 1st character I leveled, she is the one I currently play the least; I only bring her out when I want to solo WvW dailies, where her speed (Owl / GS) really helps, or if I want to fight a world boss like Teq or Mega, and I don't want to have to dodge.

I don't know how good you are with your ranger, or how much experience do you heave. The fact your Ranger was the 1st character you levelled doesn't mean you know him better than other classes you have. Try to play more not least with your Ranger, and you will see that he is one of the top 3 class in the game atm, at least in sPVP and WvW.

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:sorry been gone for a bit.... not interested in soul-beast um never wanted to play druid they should have brought back a monk as most of us gw1 players asked for i think my ranger is nothing but trash. i don't play her anymore the only way she get much damage is by using a axe and warhorn i don't see a even balance for ranger i see it as being forced into Druid i am not happy about. don't get me wrong i loved my ranger i miss it but its not the same. i will try druid when i get the chance to change all her armor again for it but i am totally turned off by the ideal and just avoid it now. I basically buy the pieces i need for druid maybe once a month or less. i hope all that have posted here don't take offence to this i will take my time and read all you have said and leave a message to your and my thoughts on the builds for ranger...

A couple things, I hope you take this as tough love rather than me just being a jerk.We all share a fondness for Ranger or we wouldn't be on these forums.I have 3 rangers, I know some people that have 6 and more, on one account.

For starters, if you aren't happy with the game, you don't have to play.There are more classes than Ranger although I will mention again, Ranger is VERY competitive.

I don't share your love for guildwars. It didn't ring my bell. It was a pretty girl that was not my type.Stop holding on to the memory. This is not that game.Even if they bring back a monk, you aren't going to be happy with the gw2 incarnation.And do you know why? This isn't guildwars.And its not even here yet.No use dreaming of what was or will be until it is. Ya feel me?

Honestly, how about you take my word for it, and go learn soulbeast.It wont feel right but,It is MORE ranger than a vanilla Ranger.There is MORE I can doThere are more CC chains I can perform.More unblockablesEasier ways to get stability and share it with your team!There are MORE ways to get into stealth without longbow.The pets are MORE important than before.There are more ways to get awayto healand to do dmg!

In a match going far on a well played soulbeast practically carries the match.

Cheers

I dont understand the OP because ranger has more options and viability than necro does.
Ranger can share more boons than necroRanger/soulbeast can do more condi damage than necroSoul beast can do more damage than reaperDruid can heal more/buff more than necro canall specs have more mobility than necro and have blocks

Ranger and elite specs do everything better than necro and it's elite specs

@Lexan.5930 said:I dont understand the OP because ranger has more options and viability than necro does.

Ranger can share more boons than necroRanger/soulbeast can do more condi damage than necroSoul beast can do more damage than reaperDruid can heal more/buff more than necro canall specs have more mobility than necro and have blocks

I think this post is too old, it is from May, maybe should be closed ... because definitely is no longer valid (wasn't before too in my opinion :) )

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:sorry been gone for a bit.... not interested in soul-beast um never wanted to play druid they should have brought back a monk as most of us gw1 players asked for i think my ranger is nothing but trash. i don't play her anymore the only way she get much damage is by using a axe and warhorn i don't see a even balance for ranger i see it as being forced into Druid i am not happy about. don't get me wrong i loved my ranger i miss it but its not the same. i will try druid when i get the chance to change all her armor again for it but i am totally turned off by the ideal and just avoid it now. I basically buy the pieces i need for druid maybe once a month or less. i hope all that have posted here don't take offence to this i will take my time and read all you have said and leave a message to your and my thoughts on the builds for ranger...

A couple things, I hope you take this as tough love rather than me just being a jerk.We all share a fondness for Ranger or we wouldn't be on these forums.I have 3 rangers, I know some people that have 6 and more, on one account.

For starters, if you aren't happy with the game, you don't have to play.There are more classes than Ranger although I will mention again, Ranger is VERY competitive.

I don't share your love for guildwars. It didn't ring my bell. It was a pretty girl that was not my type.Stop holding on to the memory. This is not that game.Even if they bring back a monk, you aren't going to be happy with the gw2 incarnation.And do you know why? This isn't guildwars.And its not even here yet.No use dreaming of what was or will be until it is. Ya feel me?

Honestly, how about you take my word for it, and go learn soulbeast.It wont feel right but,It is
MORE ranger
than a vanilla Ranger.There is MORE I can doThere are more CC chains I can perform.More unblockablesEasier ways to get stability and share it with your team!There are MORE ways to get into stealth without longbow.The pets are MORE important than before.There are more ways to get awayto healand to do dmg!

Cheers

I have not taken any offence to what you have to say. but i still am disgusted by trying to play druid idk what it is I never tried and and I don't want to try it and I tried soul beast once when it first came out I was not happy with it... One thing that does bug me about your post is...

For starters, if you aren't happy with the game, you don't have to play.

This bothers me, I have played this as my main game for over 16 years now. Ranger was always my main... and I still feel like they turned it into trash. the damage on LB is trash there really is no point in using it now by by Kudzu what a was it was to make that. ( no balance for LB compared to other weapons)so now I have chose Necro as my main for now, as far as the game its self I enjoyed GW1 and GW2 sorry if you didnt like GW1 but I loved it. and at the time it was a little more complicated to play compared to GW2. GW2 is easy Vs GW1... But enough of the past. I am not happy with what they have done to Ranger which was my main, Instead I find myself kind of lost in the game I play more Necro now then anything else waiting for the day of a new part of the game to come out and hope they bring something back to ranger that might perk up my interest again.

Druid required in all fractals and all Riadswell like I said before they place druid on rangers because the build worked better on ranger then it did for guard or rev i forgot which one it was that was a post to take that roll any hoot I never wanted to do it i never wanted to play it I never thought it was right to force ranger into being a healer and i still feel it was wrong. So i do fractals everyday I don't do raids I have not found a interest to do them, My other is PvE and PvP but I don't take ranger anymore again I have had to chose another for my main because I no longer enjoy playing the class of ranger, and I guess at this point I am kind of mad for even making it my main considering all main crafting is on her and not on any other class she sits by a crafting station just to knock out whatever daily crafting I need to do. I don't want to play like a thief so souldbeast takes out my ranger to something comeback to when they improve the play stile to something that is more agreeable for me to play. If you like Ranger i am happy for you. but its not for me anymore.

SoulBeast requires: Dagger/Axe, Sword/Axe, Greatsword, and Beastmodeall those weapons are close range ( Which is more of a play stile for Thief)well I guess they wanted you to play more like a thief here rather then a ranger so grats on all that like thief because I hate that class.Well I feel like they wanted you to act more like a thief here rather then a ranger. I didn't enjoy these skills that they placed on ranger with the weapon choice. Its not fun for me. I always hated thief and i don't like the feel when playing soulbeast, I realy dont care for melding with my pet * Beastmode

I have known a lot of player and most of them ran ranger as there main and what I see now is that they don't play ranger anymore they basically swapped to other to charters play now, I know of many other rangers that feel the same, they are just to afraid to post on here because some peeps cant take the criticism from how others feel and windup getting a fraction for what they have to say.

I have 3 rangers, I know some people that have 6 and more, on one account.I should not need more then 1 ranger, and gw2 should have a way save for our builds. But I did make another. I just see it as them wanting to make more money off of us. and at this point I will need to agree with you I will need to make others so I can have one for PVE, WvW, PvP, Raids and Fractals

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Lexan.5930 said:I dont understand the OP because ranger has more options and viability than necro does.

I think this post is too old, it is from May, maybe should be closed ... because definitely is no longer valid (wasn't before too in my opinion :) )

lol yes it is a older post, I didn't expect to see so many replies when I logged on to complain about a part of story that was bugged. but it is still going strong.so I just left my thoughts on how I feel about soulbeast. Soulbeast is more like a play stile of thief and I never liked playing thief I always hated the class and I think it is more due to how I play on Keyborad and trackball. I just can't be quick enough to play they want me to play as a thief.. Soulbeast is all close range and I don't enjoy the play stile. as for Druid I never agreed to what they forced ranger to play as a healer it has no use in PvE or PvP and there is no way to quick load to a saved build and I am tired of trying to remember everything that needs to be done to swap everything which forces me to make another ranger...but again as far as druid they are only needed in raids and fractals ( which I don't play raids at the moment) and I have another charter I rather run instead of being forced to run druid on ranger. IDK what it is but i just cant stand the thought of being a healer on my ranger. I'm sorry i feel like I am ranting here that is not my intention to do so. If your happy with your Ranger build cool i am happy for you <3 Its just not for me anymore the LB is nothing but crappy damage compared to all other weapons the ranger uses now i have not seen how bad Sb is yet ill need to test it before i put up my thought on it.

@"Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136" said:As far as i am concerned they basically killed ranger. I rather not run druid and ranger has been my main class for years. They should Have brought a Monk back into the game instead of forcing others to take the role of Healer, now after the update i find ranger in PvP is pointless and PvP not worth doing I have not been in WvW in years its not my thing :s so i am only guessing they are just as bad there too.... they refuse to make it possible for us to save our builds for 9 classes and my memory don't work on remembering every class skills and traits i really shouldn't need to go to another website to constantly to look at a build to change a build for PvE PvP WvW or Raids I should be able to save my builds and just load it. But back to ranger I feel the class is no longer playable. Its no longer a Ranger they wanted a Druid so they made Ranger take up the role of a Monk so wrong. Scourge is still too OP in PvP they have done nothing in the last 9 months to tone it down they claimed that they made the game balanced but it was not balanced for ranger nothing works in pvp anymore for that class :( and I dont even go to PoF anymore... Sorry for ranting I'm just tired of them saying the game is Balanced when it's not they did nothing for the Ranger class but make it worse. 9 months with nothing done to help ranger in PvP or WvW.

So is the Range now the class of Druid/Healer (Monk) and they just lessened the cast time on spirits because they want others to take up the roll of Healer? Can someone PLease Fix the ranger Class and make it worth playing because I'm losing interest in the game real quick

I wished they had Brought Monk back I never wanted to be a Druid I refuse to play Healer Druidand I hate my ranger with a horrible passion, Its just not worth playing anymore.....If you look at Metabattle all of those builds for conquest i have tried and none work i have tried my own build they dont work in PvP Ranger is a bad class now :(

So a update: 11/15/18 I probably wrote this frustration and I still feel this frustration today, I still have issues with trying to play druid its only good for Fractals and Raids it has no use for PvE, WvW, or PvP. Souldbeast is basically skill mainly taking on a close ranged fighting skills that act like thief I hated thief from the beginning of the game and I have no desire to act like one on my ranger. I did try Soulbeast when it first came out and I was like WTF and did story as quickly as I could just to put my main charter at a crafting station to permanently sit there till they did something better about the play stile of ranger because what how its played now it is not agreeable with me and how I play the game, If all of you enjoy the Soulbeast build congratulations I am happy for you but it is not for me I don't like the close range with the medium armor build. and I will say it again I am not a thief I don't like thief and I don"t like ranger being used as a thief don't like beastmode either. So Soulbeast is not for me and druid is only used in 2 parts of the game Raids and Fractals ( I don't play Raids) I have pick another charter to run fractals because there is no build save in game like GW1 had. As far as my Ranger I grind my teeth every time I buy a piece of armor for her for a druid build and yet I have made another ranger so I can play PvE without having to swap everything or trying to remember every detail of the build and hope I don't forget anything. Long Bow is nothing but crap now the damage is so pathetic all other weapons do more damage then LB now I have not played ranger in months ill need to check out the SB to see if its good or bad I really don't know at this point.But as far as ranger goes a lot of my main friends don't play ranger anymore I am assuming its because of the play stile and that is really what I am complaining about here what they have done to ranger has turned it into trash for me and they way I like to play the game and my play stile with keyboard and trackball

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:As far as i am concerned they basically killed ranger. I rather not run druid and ranger has been my main class for years. They should Have brought a Monk back into the game instead of forcing others to take the role of Healer, now after the update i find ranger in PvP is pointless and PvP not worth doing I have not been in WvW in years its not my thing :s so i am only guessing they are just as bad there too.... they refuse to make it possible for us to save our builds for 9 classes and my memory don't work on remembering every class skills and traits i really shouldn't need to go to another website to constantly to look at a build to change a build for PvE PvP WvW or Raids I should be able to save my builds and just load it. But back to ranger I feel the class is no longer playable. Its no longer a Ranger they wanted a Druid so they made Ranger take up the role of a Monk so wrong. Scourge is still too OP in PvP they have done nothing in the last 9 months to tone it down they claimed that they made the game balanced but it was not balanced for ranger nothing works in pvp anymore for that class :( and I dont even go to PoF anymore... Sorry for ranting I'm just tired of them saying the game is Balanced when it's not they did nothing for the Ranger class but make it worse. 9 months with nothing done to help ranger in PvP or WvW.

So is the Range now the class of Druid/Healer (Monk) and they just lessened the cast time on spirits because they want others to take up the roll of Healer? Can someone PLease Fix the ranger Class and make it worth playing because I'm losing interest in the game real quick

I wished they had Brought Monk back I never wanted to be a Druid I refuse to play Healer Druidand I hate my ranger with a horrible passion, Its just not worth playing anymore.....If you look at Metabattle all of those builds for conquest i have tried and none work i have tried my own build they dont work in PvP Ranger is a bad class now :(

Couple of your points I'd like to address.
Plenty of people play Ranked PvP and do well with Ranger
. Oh you might not get plat 3/Legendary with a Ranger build but realistically you wouldn't anyways.

Is there a good reason you aren't playing soulbeast?
It's very strong atm and once you get used to the pets it still plays very similar to a Vanilla Ranger. There are also builds that work around the 'merging and unmerging' from your pet--basically you just stay in Merge all the time. It's very handy. Don't like that? Learn to merge/unmerge. By and large the rest of us have. It's clunky aye Eff for a while...but after you get used to it, it's a beautiful thing. While merged with owl, I can cast run speed, do 2 leaps to far, swap over to smokescale, send the pet after my target, get some dmg and a stun in, go into soulbeast, F2-Bouncing dmg around my target, into a f1-stun and land a World Impact.It's great fun.

You can make a very offense oriented Druid
, so why wouldn't you want to try that out. You can play Ranger the same way as vanilla except you have a get out of jail free card by dropping all condis, stunning enemies, regenning yourself and you can end Avatar, get stealth and super speed and either run away or reposition in the fight. Its basically ranger with a few more options.

I agree with you on the following
-- They should make it possible to completely possible to save traits, weapons/sigils and Runes at the push of a button.I have 3 rangers for the simple fact that I know which build each one has.....or it lets me try out a new build without having to change the 2 tested builds I can rely on.
This option was in WoW 2 years in.
This game was much more advanced when it was released and how long has it been now? It should of been in game immediately and at least by now.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you about scourge.
Please, go to the Necro forums and tell them how scourge in pvp is underpowered and how it hasnt been nerfed. Sorry to bring this to your attention, but scourge has been repeatedly nerfed. They are no where nearly as dominant as they were. Personally speaking, unless there is 2 and I get caught unaware in the middle of their condi bomb and also get CC'd, I can usually get away to live another day. There are utility skills, weapons and traits that will accomplish this almost just as easily for a vanilla ranger compared to a druid or a soulbeast. Troll Unguent Traited with muddy terrain removes a ton of condis, signet of renewal grants resistance to your pet and pulls conditions from nearby allies to itself.....lightning reflexes and quickening zephyr can get you out of a bad situation and quickly. Sword 2 and GS3 will get you out of a bad situtation as well. I could go on and on. My point being, if you are stubborn and want to only play Vanilla Ranger, you still have most of the tools that Druids and Soulbeasts have.

@"Amityel.5324" said:yep druid is dead soulbeast is average only good build for ranger is core with BM WS and MMS

Soulbeast is average... yeah...ok. What world are you living in?Soulbeast arguably one of the best 1v1 class in game atm in Ranked PvP.

Oh yeah, btw, we have a Soulbeast that made Top 10 in SPvP this last season -Eurantein

Have you been ignoring posts like these?

Im sure these Rangers are just terrible because they don't run vanilla ranger, Right?

I will look at these but in all honesty I hate soulbeast I don't like the play stile

@Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136 said:

lol yes it is a older post, I didn't expect to see so many replies when I logged on to complain about a part of story that was bugged. but it is still going strong.so I just left my thoughts on how I feel about soulbeast. Soulbeast is more like a play stile of thief and I never liked playing thief I always hated the class and I think it is more due to how I play on Keyborad and trackball. I just can't be quick enough to play they want me to play as a thief.. Soulbeast is all close range and I don't enjoy the play stile. as for Druid I never agreed to what they forced ranger to play as a healer it has no use in PvE or PvP and there is no way to quick load to a saved build and I am tired of trying to remember everything that needs to be done to swap everything which forces me to make another ranger...but again as far as druid they are only needed in raids and fractals ( which I don't play raids at the moment) and I have another charter I rather run instead of being forced to run druid on ranger. IDK what it is but i just cant stand the thought of being a healer on my ranger. I'm sorry i feel like I am ranting here that is not my intention to do so. If your happy with your Ranger build cool i am happy for you <3 Its just not for me anymore the LB is nothing but crappy damage compared to all other weapons the ranger uses now i have not seen how bad Sb is yet ill need to test it before i put up my thought on it.

I am sorry that you didn't find a way to enjoy Ranger, but from what you say, seems you miss something because ranger playstyle definitely is not even close to thief playstyle. Also, Soulbeast is not a close range, because the Soulbeast playstyle is not to camp in beastmode, but to swap between bestmode and ranger overtime. Beastmode it is used only for let's say half of the fight time. The third thing, LB is not a crappy damage, if you know how and when to play, I can say it is the most dangerous weapon of Ranger, in fact, LB makes the difference in a fight in sPVP and WvW roaming.Dunno, but I think you play in the wrong way if you didn't know all these things. We have SB players in Top sPVP, we have many SB players who rulz in WvW roaming, I think you must take a look on other posts and see the real truth about Soulbeast.I can't say anything about Druid, because I didn't play it since PoF release.

Good luck and please try a proper build for Soulbeast, before you make a bad opinion ;)

Honestly, how about you take my word for it, and go learn soulbeast.It wont feel right but,It is
MORE ranger
than a vanilla Ranger.There is MORE I can doThere are more CC chains I can perform.More unblockablesEasier ways to get stability and share it with your team!There are MORE ways to get into stealth without longbow.The pets are MORE important than before.There are more ways to get awayto healand to do dmg!

Cheers

I have not taken any offence to what you have to say. but i still am disgusted by trying to play druid idk what it is I never tried and and I don't want to try it and I tried soul beast once when it first came out I was not happy with it... One thing that does bug me about your post is...

This bothers me, I have played this as my main game for over 16 years now. Ranger was always my main... and I still feel like they turned it into trash. the damage on LB is trash there really is no point in using it now by by Kudzu what a was it was to make that. ( no balance for LB compared to other weapons)so now I have chose Necro as my main for now, as far as the game its self I enjoyed GW1 and GW2 sorry if you didnt like GW1 but I loved it. and at the time it was a little more complicated to play compared to GW2. GW2 is easy Vs GW1... But enough of the past. I am not happy with what they have done to Ranger which was my main, Instead I find myself kind of lost in the game I play more Necro now then anything else waiting for the day of a new part of the game to come out and hope they bring something back to ranger that might perk up my interest again.

Druid required in all fractals and all Riadswell like I said before they place druid on rangers because the build worked better on ranger then it did for guard or rev i forgot which one it was that was a post to take that roll any hoot I never wanted to do it i never wanted to play it I never thought it was right to force ranger into being a healer and i still feel it was wrong. So i do fractals everyday I don't do raids I have not found a interest to do them, My other is PvE and PvP but I don't take ranger anymore again I have had to chose another for my main because I no longer enjoy playing the class of ranger, and I guess at this point I am kind of mad for even making it my main considering all main crafting is on her and not on any other class she sits by a crafting station just to knock out whatever daily crafting I need to do. I don't want to play like a thief so souldbeast takes out my ranger to something comeback to when they improve the play stile to something that is more agreeable for me to play. If you like Ranger i am happy for you. but its not for me anymore.

SoulBeast requires: Dagger/Axe, Sword/Axe, Greatsword, and Beastmodeall those weapons are close range ( Which is more of a play stile for Thief)well I guess they wanted you to play more like a thief here rather then a ranger so grats on all that like thief because I hate that class.Well I feel like they wanted you to act more like a thief here rather then a ranger. I didn't enjoy these skills that they placed on ranger with the weapon choice. Its not fun for me. I always hated thief and i don't like the feel when playing soulbeast, I realy dont care for melding with my pet * Beastmode

I have known a lot of player and most of them ran ranger as there main and what I see now is that they don't play ranger anymore they basically swapped to other to charters play now, I know of many other rangers that feel the same, they are just to afraid to post on here because some peeps cant take the criticism from how others feel and windup getting a fraction for what they have to say.

I have 3 rangers, I know some people that have 6 and more, on one account.I should not need more then 1 ranger, and gw2 should have a way save for our builds. But I did make another. I just see it as them wanting to make more money off of us. and at this point I will need to agree with you I will need to make others so I can have one for PVE, WvW, PvP, Raids and Fractals

Just so you know, I didn't mean "You can quit" like, "Hey if you dont like it, you can eff off".I mean it like if something is making you unhappy, maybe take a break. Sorry I wasnt more clear.

I want to point something else out too, you haven't been playing GW2 for 16 years :pAnd I am pretty sure you know what I mean. Guild wars is a different game completely and I wont ripguild wars, but there was PLENTY I could not stand about gw and I know this might make many cringe--butI absolutely adored wow comparatively. To each his own.

Curious what game mode you are playing.

You can run Druid or Soulbeast condi in your more competitive and elitest PVE game modes.

YOu can run whatever you like in Fractals as long as your decent or doing it with guildies.

In WvW there are many builds that work.You can play anything and do all right, for the most part. Ranger, Druid, Soulbeast--Condi in Small group etc.

In PvP you can play longbow/gs Soulbeastlb/gs Rangerlb GS Druid if you really wanted.There are a variety of weapons you can use. You are not locked into Dagger/Axe, Sword/Axe, Greatsword, and BeastmodeIt is quite popular to play what is referred to as BoonBeast but I play Longbow Sword Warhorn just fine.

Lastly, maybe you didn't get to read on my first post where i agreed with you about saving builds.That option was available rather soon after WoW was released. And here we are, I dont even know how many yearsand its still not an option. It should be in already. I should be able to Save a set up-- Name it--and BOOM everything,traits, weapons, gear is all swapped out at the push of a button.

Hope you find something you enjoy

/cheers

I am sorry that you didn't find a way to enjoy Ranger, but from what you say, seems you miss something because ranger playstyle definitely is not even close to thief playstyle. Also, Soulbeast is not a close range, because the Soulbeast playstyle is not to camp in beastmode, but to swap between bestmode and ranger overtime. Beastmode it is used only for let's say half of the fight time. The third thing, LB is not a crappy damage, if you know how and when to play, I can say it is the most dangerous weapon of Ranger, in fact, LB makes the difference in a fight in sPVP and WvW roaming.Dunno, but I think you play in the wrong way if you didn't know all these things. We have SB players in Top sPVP, we have many SB players who rulz in WvW roaming, I think you must take a look on other posts and see the real truth about Soulbeast.I can't say anything about Druid, because I didn't play it since PoF release.

Good luck and please try a proper build for Soulbeast, before you make a bad opinion ;)

So due my a favor and run the LB and see how much damage it has compared to your ax war-horn its nothing like it used to be, as far as SB i just don't know. Like i said i quit playing ranger long ago. and i have to disagree with you Soulbeast is noting but jumping around just like a thief putting you into positions that cause me more trouble then what its worth.....Skills:Sword/Axe: Hornets sting.... is from the sword and is a action that makes you stab foe then leap backward ( more leaping like a Thief)Sword/Axe: Serpent's Strike.... Is from the sword evasive roll around your target stab then poison them ( more leaping around like a Thief)Dagger/Axe: Instinctive engage..... Leap forward and Slash your Foe ( More leaping like a Thief)Most of us didn't like Sword or Great Sword. Great Sword was really only used in PvP at the time, Anyways these are skills that are used while running SoulBeast and Beastmode is ok in PvP but not useful to me in PvE.

If i Don't like SoulBeast it because of all this leaping I'm not interested in in it. Sorry if i don't agree with the play stile that is being used on Ranger today.I Honestly feel like they where trying to make player's use these skills because not many liked them in the first place.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

MORE ranger

Cheers

Just so you know, I didn't mean "You can quit" like, "Hey if you dont like it, you can eff off".I mean it like if something is making you unhappy, maybe take a break. Sorry I wasnt more clear.

I want to point something else out too, you haven't been playing GW2 for 16 years :pAnd I am pretty sure you know what I mean. Guild wars is a different game completely and I wont ripguild wars, but there was PLENTY I could not stand about gw and I know this might make many cringe--butI absolutely adored wow comparatively. To each his own.

Curious what game mode you are playing.

You can run Druid or Soulbeast condi in your more competitive and elitest PVE game modes.

YOu can run whatever you like in Fractals as long as your decent or doing it with guildies.

In WvW there are many builds that work.You can play anything and do all right, for the most part. Ranger, Druid, Soulbeast--Condi in Small group etc.

In PvP you can play longbow/gs Soulbeastlb/gs Rangerlb GS Druid if you really wanted.There are a variety of weapons you can use. You are not locked into Dagger/Axe, Sword/Axe, Greatsword, and BeastmodeIt is quite popular to play what is referred to as BoonBeast but I play Longbow Sword Warhorn just fine.

Lastly, maybe you didn't get to read on my first post where i agreed with you about saving builds.That option was available rather soon after WoW was released. And here we are, I dont even know how many yearsand its still not an option. It should be in already. I should be able to Save a set up-- Name it--and BOOM everything,traits, weapons, gear is all swapped out at the push of a button.

Hope you find something you enjoy

/cheers

I play fractals with Pugs, hahaha to-many of the good players for fractals really don't play anymore in my guild. I don't want to carry anyone through a fractal I just want to get it one and done to finish off all the other things I do for the day. Fractals should only take 45 mins or less if you have the right party. I will not play with guildies that are still learning or continuously die I don't want to be stuck in there for 1 or 2 hours because someone don't know how to play there class. So I Pug it its good learning experience for those that want to learn.

When you look at groups for WvW Rangers are always frowned on and not welcome in most WvW Party's or groups

PvP I rather just go with something easier to play, again no quick save to swap builds & weapons, so better to pick something that ready and quick to playTy though for your thoughts all feedback is welcomed <3

Meta battle and Qtfy have to correct builds pls don't confuse my play stile to using the wrong build on ranger. Ranger has always been my main class to play I know it well. just because I don't like what has been done to ranger does not mean Idk how to play it I just refuse to play it because of soulbeast I don't like the play stile i don't like all the leaping. and its a turn off for me to play something i sure as heck don't like.... and Druid again only has use for Fracs and RaidsYes. there are other options for me to chose and ill go with those but for now like i said before she will sit permanently at a crafting station till they come out with something better then Soulbeast. I have finished story on her so no concerns there. she is just useless for me at this moment, I rather run something more to my play stile then that

Good luck and please try a proper build for Soulbeast, before you make a bad opinion ;)Lmao hahaha sorry this cracks me up. So due my a favor and run the LB and see how much damage it has compared to your ax war-horn its nothing like it used to be, as far as SB i just don't know. Like i said i quit playing ranger long ago. and i have to disagree with you Soulbeast is noting but jumping around just like a thief putting you into positions that cause me more trouble then what its worth.....Skills:Sword/Axe: Hornets sting.... is from the sword and is a action that makes you stab foe then leap backward ( more leaping like a Thief)Sword/Axe: Serpent's Strike.... Is from the sword evasive roll around your target stab then poison them ( more leaping around like a Thief)Dagger/Axe: Instinctive engage..... Leap forward and Slash your Foe ( More leaping like a Thief)Most of us didn't like Sword or Great Sword. Great Sword was really only used in PvP at the time, Anyways these are skills that are used while running SoulBeast and Beastmode is ok in PvP but not useful to me in PvE.

If i Don't like SoulBeast it because of all this leaping I'm not interested in in it. Sorry if i don't agree with the play stile that is being used on Ranger today.I Honestly feel like they where trying to make player's use these skills because not many liked them in the first place.

Meta battle and Qtfy have to correct builds pls don't confuse my play stile to using the wrong build on ranger. Ranger has always been my main class to play I know it well. just because I don't like what has been done to ranger does not mean Idk how to play it I just refuse to play it because of soulbeast I don't like the play stile i don't like all the leaping. and its a turn off for me to play something i sure as heck don't like.... and Druid again only has use for Fracs and RaidsYes. there are other options for me to chose and ill go with those but for now like i said before she will sit permanently at a crafting station till they come out with something better then Soulbeast. I have finished story on her so no concerns there. she is just useless for me at this moment, I rather run something more to my play stile then thatRanger has always been my Main class in GW1 thats all I played mainly in GW2 since launch that was all I played till Soulbeast came out. I have one of each charter and some times 3 of each class idk the other classes very well due to my dedication and devotion to my Ranger, But all that has Changed since PoF has came out. So its by not fault of mine if I don't like the play stile you can't force someone to play what they don't like. It's either I find some other charter to learn to play on or I leave the game those are the options I am faced with... and I Do <3 GW2 I just don't like what they have done to my main class and I am waiting patiently for a change for a better build I might enjoy more.

Good luck and please try a proper build for Soulbeast, before you make a bad opinion ;)Lmao hahaha sorry this cracks me up. So due my a favor and run the LB and see how much damage it has compared to your ax war-horn its nothing like it used to be, as far as SB i just don't know. Like i said i quit playing ranger long ago. and i have to disagree with you Soulbeast is noting but jumping around just like a thief putting you into positions that cause me more trouble then what its worth.....Skills:Sword/Axe: Hornets sting.... is from the sword and is a action that makes you stab foe then leap backward ( more leaping like a Thief)Sword/Axe: Serpent's Strike.... Is from the sword evasive roll around your target stab then poison them ( more leaping around like a Thief)Dagger/Axe: Instinctive engage..... Leap forward and Slash your Foe ( More leaping like a Thief)Most of us didn't like Sword or Great Sword. Great Sword was really only used in PvP at the time, Anyways these are skills that are used while running SoulBeast and Beastmode is ok in PvP but not useful to me in PvE.

Meta battle and Qtfy have to correct builds pls don't confuse my play stile to using the wrong build on ranger. Ranger has always been my main class to play I know it well. just because I don't like what has been done to ranger does not mean Idk how to play it I just refuse to play it because of soulbeast I don't like the play stile i don't like all the leaping. and its a turn off for me to play something i sure as heck don't like.... and Druid again only has use for Fracs and RaidsYes. there are other options for me to chose and ill go with those but for now like i said before she will sit permanently at a crafting station till they come out with something better then Soulbeast. I have finished story on her so no concerns there. she is just useless for me at this moment, I rather run something more to my play stile then thatRanger has always been my Main class in GW1 thats all I played mainly in GW2 since launch that was all I played till Soulbeast came out. I have one of each charter and some times 3 of each class idk the other classes very well due to my dedication and devotion to my Ranger, But all that has Changed since PoF has came out. So its by not fault of mine if I don't like the play stile you can't force someone to play what they don't like. It's either I find some other charter to learn to play on or I leave the game those are the options I am faced with... and I Do <3 GW2 I just don't like what they have done to my main class and I am waiting patiently for a change for a better build I might enjoy more.

Well, you lost me ... Really I don't know what to say anymore, because you are set on something which is far, but far away of what Soulbeast is. You say you quit playing ranger long time ago ... but still, you talk like you know everything about Soulbeast. Let me be clear, you don't have a kitten clue about what or how a Soulbeast can be played. If you talk only from PVE perspective, I can't argue with you but are many other players here on the forum who can. Another thing, meta battle is not mandatory, if you really want a good build, just look here on the forums, where you can see minus and plus for those builds. In the 4th thing, I don't know why do you talk about GW1, @EnderzShadow.2506 already told you that GW1 and GW2 are 2 totally different games, totally!!! . I played GW1 a long time ago before I started to play World of Warcraft, so I know what and how GW1 was.And the 5th thing (I don't know if it 5th or not), if you don't like Soulbeast playstyle or ranger playstyle, please don't make a post where you say they are BAD!

Sorry if I was rude in any way, or if I offended you, but really I don't like the way you put the problem regarding Soulbeast.

Well, you lost me ... Really I don't know what to say anymore, because you are set on something which is far, but far away of what Soulbeast is. You say you quit playing ranger long time ago ... but still, you talk like you know everything about Soulbeast. Let me be clear, you don't have a kitten clue about what or how a Soulbeast can be played. If you talk only from PVE perspective, I can't argue with you but are many other players here on the forum who can. Another thing, meta battle is not mandatory, if you really want a good build, just look here on the forums, where you can see minus and plus for those builds. In the 4th thing, I don't know why do you talk about GW1, @"EnderzShadow.2506" already told you that GW1 and GW2 are 2 totally different games, totally!!! . I played GW1 a long time ago before I started to play World of Warcraft, so I know what and how GW1 was.And the 5th thing (I don't know if it 5th or not), if you don't like Soulbeast playstyle or ranger playstyle, please don't make a post where you say they are BAD!

Sorry if I was rude in any way, or if I offended you, but really I don't like the way you put the problem regarding Soulbeast.

I was just stating that ranger was always my main class for both games, you insinuate idk what i am doing but your wrong in your thoughts and I suggest you read a little more English I DON"T LIKE THE PLAY STILE OF SOULBEAST (did you notice the word Stile?) It does not mean I know nothing or anything about it, I just don't like it. there might be many here who like it and as a said before good for all of you that like it, but what I see what & I read is different from what most of the people I play with that does not mean they are playing it wrong it's just they don't like it either and they have begun to play other classes also....why bother putting WoW into this the graphics where so bad in that game I didn't last 24 hours and GW1 was a better choice

well, i meant to post this earlier but somehow completely put this in the wrong thread...here it is, for the 2nd time, now in the right thread :P

You could try a soulbeast build that stays mergeddoesnt have much of the leaps you dont likeand uses all the unblockables the build has to offer.

You would have to go a bit more glass cannonbut played well, you hit like a TRUCK!and when classes expect to block your attacksor they think they can just ignore your autos andrapid fire...., they will be very surprised! and they usually panic.

I'll find one if you are interested.

gl, again, hope you find something thats fun.This is a great game no matter what class you enjoy

I share the OP's pain and frustration. I didn't create a Ranger only to become a tree-humping Druid! Soulbeast doesn't look all that great either. None of the so-called "elite" specializations look all that appealing, IMO. But there's a silver-lining, or so I've been told: you don't have to play as a silly 'ol Druid or stinky 'ol Beastmaster! You can get most of the cool stuff that the expansions have to offer just by playing as a good 'ol Ranger. ; )

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I share the OP's pain and frustration. I didn't create a Ranger only to become a tree-humping Druid! Soulbeast doesn't look all that great either. None of the so-called "elite" specializations look all that appealing, IMO. But there's a silver-lining, or so I've been told: you don't have to play as a silly 'ol Druid or stinky 'ol Beastmaster! You can get most of the cool stuff that the expansions have to offer just by playing as a good 'ol Ranger. ; )

well I mad a second ranger to run Druid so I can keep my good 'ol Ranger. ; ) The issue i find with it though is the damage on the LB is horrid my axe and war-horn do my damage then the LB its really sad to see this :s

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I share the OP's pain and frustration. I didn't create a Ranger only to become a tree-humping Druid! Soulbeast doesn't look all that great either. None of the so-called "elite" specializations look all that appealing, IMO. But there's a silver-lining, or so I've been told: you don't have to play as a silly 'ol Druid or stinky 'ol Beastmaster! You can get most of the cool stuff that the expansions have to offer just by playing as a good 'ol Ranger. ; )

The OP changed the original name of the post where he said "Ranger is BAD" or something like this. That title and his comments made me to make and talk here about if the Ranger it is or not bad. The fact you and Rhapsody don't like the playing style of Soulbeast is something else and I can't comment this, it is up to you what to play or not.The fact you and Rhapsody are saying "Soulbeast doesn't look all that great either" , well this is something else too, because Soulbeast is more than great.If you check the new classes specialization, you will find out that only Necro, Warrior and Guardian are still doing good on HoT, all other classes are far better on PoF specialization, and none is doing well on Vanila. This should be mean something for you ... Now, I don't know if you don't like Soulbeast due the fact, maybe, you don't have PoF or just because you don't know how to play Soulbeast.Once again, it's up to you what you want to play, but if you want to be competitive in PVE, sPVP and WvW, you should play Soulbeast. If you want to play only for fun, than you can play whatever you want.GL and Have Fun, you pay it for this .

The OP changed the original name of the post where he said "Ranger is BAD" or something like this. That title and his comments made me to make and talk here about if the Ranger it is or not bad. The fact you and Rhapsody don't like the playing style of Soulbeast is something else and I can't comment this, it is up to you what to play or not.The fact you and Rhapsody are saying "Soulbeast doesn't look all that great either" , well this is something else too, because Soulbeast is more than great.If you check the new classes specialization, you will find out that only Necro, Warrior and Guardian are still doing good on HoT, all other classes are far better on PoF specialization, and none is doing well on Vanila. This should be mean something for you ... Now, I don't know if you don't like Soulbeast due the fact, maybe, you don't have PoF or just because you don't know how to play Soulbeast.Once again, it's up to you what you want to play, but if you want to be competitive in PVE, sPVP and WvW, you should play Soulbeast. If you want to play only for fun, than you can play whatever you want.GL and Have Fun, you pay it for this .

Here we go again pls read all post and try not assume without reading all of it. don't bother to comment with out jumping into the kool-aid without knowing the flavor

@"Rhapsody Dragonfly.5136" said:As far as i am concerned they basically killed ranger. I rather not run druid and ranger has been my main class for years. They should Have brought a Monk back into the game instead of forcing others to take the role of Healer, now after the update i find ranger in PvP is pointless and PvP not worth doing I have not been in WvW in years its not my thing :s so i am only guessing they are just as bad there too.... they refuse to make it possible for us to save our builds for 9 classes and my memory don't work on remembering every class skills and traits i really shouldn't need to go to another website to constantly to look at a build to change a build for PvE PvP WvW or Raids I should be able to save my builds and just load it. But back to ranger I feel the class is no longer playable. Its no longer a Ranger they wanted a Druid so they made Ranger take up the role of a Monk so wrong. Scourge is still too OP in PvP they have done nothing in the last 9 months to tone it down they claimed that they made the game balanced but it was not balanced for ranger nothing works in pvp anymore for that class :( and I dont even go to PoF anymore... Sorry for ranting I'm just tired of them saying the game is Balanced when it's not they did nothing for the Ranger class but make it worse. 9 months with nothing done to help ranger in PvP or WvW.

Ok, so this is your first comment on this post. I bold every word/sentence with bad words about ranger.Now, can you see all words/sentences where you said that Ranger is bad?! Also please admit you changed the Title of this post, that before when we start the conversation, it was something with "Ranger is bad" . Now you have the proof, what can you say now?Sorry if I am too insistent, but I don't like ppl who lie.

Have a great day/night.

PS: Ranger is not BAD, just because you don't know how to play this class.

MORE ranger

Cheers

Take it from someone that was an altoholic/mesmer main for 12 years then swapped 4 years ago, I've been a lot happier with gw2 when i accepted that I enjoy playing ranger and necro a lot more than mesmer.

Gw1 ranger could do necro touch or scythe or hammer builds and they were all meta in some form of play due to strong stances evades. So even back then, ranger wasn't only a melee class. Gw2 doesn't do 75% evade stances because it's a different game. It has those active leaps and evades gw2 style.

You can also use axe axe or longbow on soulbeast. It's not restricted to melee in pvp.