[Suggestion] Horse Mount [merged] - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestion] Horse Mount [merged]

13>

Comments

  • Aridon.8362Aridon.8362 Member ✭✭✭

    What's a horse?

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It'd probably be a "King of The Desert Pack", including:

    • 1 Palawa Joko outfit
    • 1 Desert King weapon of your choice
    • 1 Elona Dye Kit
    • A centaur themed mount skin
  • FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018

    @Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:
    I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, NOT the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

    But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts do something, what would a horse bring to the game?

    Aren't the books canon. So that means horses exist. How about a unicorn. They are in the game as a wep and finisher. So let's ride them. I hope they fart rainbows.

    Actually the books arent canon. Or rather, if it isnt in the game its not. I forgot what the devs called it exactly.

    whether they are extinct or never existed isnt toroughly clarified. I suppose that They could exist somewhere we havent been or evolved from things we did see.

    At least would like some proper logical reason if we ever get one. I dont like to have certain a mount just because its like that in the other mostly generic fantasy worlds.

    I think to make tyria not have all the generic mounts or other things just adds to its magic, makes it its own world, rather than half a copy of the real world or previous fantasy worlds because that's what were used to and therefore it MUST be in GW2 too.

    Ofcourse, for some people it might be too dystopian and a weird world with too much non-earthlike inhabitants and architecture is scary and unimaginable or simply too far away from reality.

  • Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

    Save a horse, ride a centaur? (Is promised a painful end.)

    Want some pancakes?

  • I guess then you can really say that you've been through the desert on a horse with no name . . .

    When surrounded by war, one must eventually choose a side.

  • ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Temple_Guardian

    If they never bring a factions campaign then at least some cool mounts!

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2018
  • FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    I am still waiting for a Horse mount. <3

    Example 1
    Example 2
    Example 3

    Seems to me Elder scrolls is your game of choice then! :p

  • @FrizzFreston.5290 said:

    @Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

    @Dante.1763 said:
    I do not want to ride a classic horse, and no i dont find it weird we dont have one. There are no horses in GW2(the game world, NOT the books i know they mention them there.). Now a dolyak maybe.

    But what would it offer? What would be the point of having one? All the other mounts do something, what would a horse bring to the game?

    Aren't the books canon. So that means horses exist. How about a unicorn. They are in the game as a wep and finisher. So let's ride them. I hope they fart rainbows.

    Actually the books arent canon. Or rather, if it isnt in the game its not. I forgot what the devs called it exactly.

    whether they are extinct or never existed isnt toroughly clarified. I suppose that They could exist somewhere we havent been or evolved from things we did see.

    At least would like some proper logical reason if we ever get one. I dont like to have certain a mount just because its like that in the other mostly generic fantasy worlds.

    I think to make tyria not have all the generic mounts or other things just adds to its magic, makes it its own world, rather than half a copy of the real world or previous fantasy worlds because that's what were used to and therefore it MUST be in GW2 too.

    Ofcourse, for some people it might be too dystopian and a weird world with too much non-earthlike inhabitants and architecture is scary and unimaginable or simply too far away from reality.

    Actually the books are cannon, they where made to fill in the gap between GW1 and GW2. They where overseen by ANet themselves.

  • Show only collectors mounts.

    The 10 meter snake. -- no range for travel but can squeeze in combat, (sometime also a bit of rider squeeze)
    The flesh crafted artists recreations of the legendary unicorns -- Too delicate for even a mild wind.
    The Large-Hob-Snail --- moves as fast when sleeping as awake.

    There is a market for decorative less utilitarian intown mounts, collectors like such things.

  • @TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    Guild Wars may have no horses, but there were Kirin in Cantha (Guild Wars Factions) which look a bit horse-like.

    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kirin
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Jade_Torn_Kirin_(monk)
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Stone_Scale_Kirin
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Jade_Torn_Kirin_(mesmer)

    Maybe a mount idea with a future Cantha-expansion? It would surely look great with a Sylvari riding it.

    I had to just say HECK YES! Not only would I love a true cantha expansion but a Kirin mount to boot would be amazing. Honestly factions was one of my favorite installments, I know a lot of people crapped on it but I really enjoyed it. Plus I miss the Kurzick / Luxon faction feel. Granted from past things I've read I doubt we will see cantha or if we do it will be vastly different.

  • InvaGir.9158InvaGir.9158 Member ✭✭✭

    Would be a waste of good resources to model a classic horse mount so no!
    I would prefer another special 2k gems mount instead and the springer need a new one as well.

  • Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    How about some nice bovines? Cows and bulls already exist in the game. They won't even have to create any models.

    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What's a horse?

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    What's a horse?

    Its half a centaur.

    Which would be excellent as mounts. Just make them complain every minute.

    "You're getting heavier."
    "I thought you said you could run faster than me?"
    "I'm not jumping that."
    "Look at that majestic griffon... I wish you sat on him instead."
    Punches player
    "Go ahead..." spawns with spiked saddle
    "We have 6 legs and 2 of them are useless."
    "Why are you always in a skirt?"
    "Next time I ride you."

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • i'm all for a horse.

  • Aodlop.1907Aodlop.1907 Member ✭✭✭

    You could have it as a mount available for non-PoF players, that'd be slower than the raptor, maybe springer speed, with no ability. Like, it'd be worse than the actual PoF mounts, but it'd still be something for new players and RP players.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aodlop.1907 said:
    You could have it as a mount available for non-PoF players, that'd be slower than the raptor, maybe springer speed, with no ability. Like, it'd be worse than the actual PoF mounts, but it'd still be something for new players and RP players.

    Or, non-PoF players could purchase PoF.

  • @Aodlop.1907 said:
    You could have it as a mount available for non-PoF players, that'd be slower than the raptor, maybe springer speed, with no ability. Like, it'd be worse than the actual PoF mounts, but it'd still be something for new players and RP players.

    Actually a non-pof mount that would act as a teaser for people to buy PoF might be an interesting idea

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:

    @Aodlop.1907 said:
    You could have it as a mount available for non-PoF players, that'd be slower than the raptor, maybe springer speed, with no ability. Like, it'd be worse than the actual PoF mounts, but it'd still be something for new players and RP players.

    Actually a non-pof mount that would act as a teaser for people to buy PoF might be an interesting idea

    Fairly sure someone zooming past you on a raptor/griffon/tractor/whatever is the teaser.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • I too, would love a horse mount in this game. But, there has to be a movement mechanic that comes with it like all of the other mounts that are current. You can skin and reskin your Griffon but ... its still a Griffon. The movement mechanics of it cannot currently be matched so it normally ranks #1 for players choice in game. If Anet was to add a horse mount what would it do? How does it help the player traverse the world that the Raptor and Jakal doesnt already do? Veteran Zelda player here and would love my own Epona in GW2 .... but I see why my pony doesnt belong here ..... yet.

    When life knocks you down ... Rollover and look at the Stars

  • I don't know that a horse would fit the world. A hippogriff (eagle+horse instead of eagle+lion) would make for a nice griffon skin though.

  • No offence to the OP but all other MMO's have some kind of horse mount (with the exception of Starwars, Star trek and other space style games) Why can't GW2 be different and not be like all other MMO's? Maybe in the future we may find a land that has horses in tyria. Besides I hear the Charr think they are delicious. Haha

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @mortrialus.3062 said:
    What's a horse?

    Its half a centaur.

    Which would be excellent as mounts. Just make them complain every minute.

    "You're getting heavier."
    "I thought you said you could run faster than me?"
    "I'm not jumping that."
    "Look at that majestic griffon... I wish you sat on him instead."
    Punches player
    "Go ahead..." spawns with spiked saddle
    "We have 6 legs and 2 of them are useless."
    "Why are you always in a skirt?"
    "Next time I ride you."

    What happens to the other half of the centaur though?

    The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion

  • Fraghound.5730Fraghound.5730 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018

    Man I would love a horse mount, and I would try to collect every skin in the game (I want a appaloosa and paint horse TAKE MY GEMS!).

    The closest thing I got right now is my raptor who is poorly dyed brown and white to look like a paint horse theme.

  • There was horses in Tyria once, but charr ate them all.

    Charr around horses are like Zoidberg near anchovies.

  • Horses are known to exist or have existed at some point in GW. Many NPCs talk about them or even make reference to them. Even during the Halloween event for one of the collections there's a ghost of a girl you talk to who says she was killed in an accident with her horse. What isn't clear is what happened to the horses lore-wise, or if the devs felt putting horse models in-game at launch would cause players to want mounts. (Which now we have anyway)

  • ReV.6097ReV.6097 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2018

    Horse, Unicorn, Kirin, or anything similar would be cool, and I could see it use either the Jackal animation, or somehow the Raptors animation for jumping. Physically would suit Jackal more, and hell, maybe if not them... Then at least a Pegasus styled Griffon.

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eclipsen.1362 said:
    Horses are known to exist or have existed at some point in GW. Many NPCs talk about them or even make reference to them. Even during the Halloween event for one of the collections there's a ghost of a girl you talk to who says she was killed in an accident with her horse. What isn't clear is what happened to the horses lore-wise, or if the devs felt putting horse models in-game at launch would cause players to want mounts. (Which now we have anyway)

    They all became centuars! :D

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I said this before but I believe Horse Mount should be a WvW exclusive feature that you have to pick up at starter area or keep.

  • DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2018

    I'm onboard for the idea of horses being a Non-PoF mount with no special abilities, but then again Anet might not be happy to do that as it may reduce sales of PoF, and some PoF players would feel like they've been cheated (similar to how HoT players may feel cheated if Griffons could use updrafts, I know I would feel cheated).

    Having a horse in a future update, with or without a special ability, would be a win in my eyes.

    You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

  • @Chyanne Waters.8719 said:
    No offence to the OP but all other MMO's have some kind of horse mount (with the exception of Starwars, Star trek and other space style games) Why can't GW2 be different and not be like all other MMO's? Maybe in the future we may find a land that has horses in tyria. Besides I hear the Charr think they are delicious. Haha

    They all have horses because they are cool and iconic.
    Being different JUST to be different is stupid to the point of insanity.

  • DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2018

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:
    Being different JUST to be different is stupid to the point of insanity.

    This x100,000,000

    You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

  • Clyan.1593Clyan.1593 Member ✭✭✭

    Eww horses.
    I want a big monkey I can ride on.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DietPepsi.4371 said:
    I'm onboard for the idea of horses being a Non-PoF mount with no special abilities...

    What, then, would be the point? They would be like ascenders?

  • DietPepsi.4371DietPepsi.4371 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2018

    @kharmin.7683 said:

    What, then, would be the point? They would be like ascenders?

    To provide Non-PoF players with a slightly faster way to navigate round the world.

    And fun.

    Can't forget that one.

    You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.

  • Deeeeeeeeeeath!

    [RED] Crimson Sunspears...your small family guild since 2015.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

    Deeeeeeeeeeath!

    And we will never get to experience such greatness in GW2. :/

    @DietPepsi.4371 said:

    @Amaranthe.3578 said:
    Being different JUST to be different is stupid to the point of insanity.

    This x100,000,000

    I second that.

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DietPepsi.4371 said:

    @kharmin.7683 said:

    What, then, would be the point? They would be like ascenders?

    To provide Non-PoF players with a slightly faster way to navigate round the world.

    And fun.

    Can't forget that one.

    In my opinion, players who support the game by purchasing expansions ought to be rewarded and, in the case of PoF, mounts are that reward. Core never had mounts prior and never needed them (waypoints). For ANet to introduce some kind of mount to players who haven't purchased the expansion begs the question: what's in it for ANet?

    I won't argue that the mounts are fun -- they are. If players wish to share in that experience, then they should purchase the relevant content.

  • MokahTGS.7850MokahTGS.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    @JDub.1530 said:
    ANet resisted mounts for so long because they didn't want people to just speed through the game. What they finally added weren't just fancy speed boosts, but (also) offered new ways to move through the game. If they were ever to add a horse as a mount type and not just a skin, it would have to provide something other than a speed boost.

    This. Any new mount suggestions/dreams/wishes should first ask the question of "what role does this fill?" Speed is actually not a valid role in GW2 since nothing is faster than waypoints. So if you were to have a horse, what role would that fill?

  • MokahTGS.7850MokahTGS.7850 Member ✭✭✭

    ANet make this happen...

  • As we all know horses in Tyria are mentioned everywhere. Mad King Thron has a pet pony that is invisible and can be spotted in-game by its floating name tag. Murals of nights riding them can be spotted in DR...But why can't we ever seem to ride one? Well with the arrival of POF I was super excited to see if they would introduce them and was sorely disappointed when they didn't. Now I know that with leaping raptors flaming griffons and glowing roller bettles they can seem mundane but let me tell you...I love horses and would honestly fricken love to have one in-game. As for what abilities they can have, I was thinking that they could have three branches to go into(sort of like ESO). One could be battle(attack & health) and we could be introduced to mounted combat. The second could be Stamina (speed & endurance) where when you use the main skill (dash) it lasts longer and gives you more of a speed boost. The last could be carrying (how much they can carry) by this is mean you could have saddle bags and have extra inventory space or carry a second Pearson on you mount beside you. The horse could also have the ability to be summoned at 50%health while in combat to make a fast and easy getaway when you're close to death. Of course, your not just stuck with a regular old horse either; you can have awakened skins, branded skins, and primevil skins. Now this is just a thought and could be total bull but...hey its kinda cool :/

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018

    The search function is your friend, this has been asked before, i think literally earlier this week.

    actually, it was responded to yesterday.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/748882#Comment_748882

    Id rather not see horses as mounts in this game, the ones we have now are pretty awesome, they each function differently, and they all have their own unique mechanic, a horse wouldnt have anything to make it unique. So when you ask for a mount it NEEDS to fill a specific ROLE that is unique, something that a horse cannot do, as what horses do is already existent in current mounts plus more.

    as to mounted combat, they dont want it, they purposefully made it so that you cant fight on your mount and you can only do one attack with them and their HP pools so low.

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

  • kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

    ::: HEADDESK :::

    Mods, please merge!

  • hmmm yea I know there's another one about this but I am a dumb idiot and have no idea how to respond and even when I logged in I didn't see an area for me to add any comments. Also, I already addressed the unique aspect of a possible horse mount. Horses could have the ability to have second riders, saddlebags and the ability to mount up during combat. They might be slower but they would allow someone with a small inventory to go farming for longer and or sort thing.

  • @RainStorm.9743 said:
    hmmm yea I know there's another one about this but I am a dumb idiot and have no idea how to respond and even when I logged in I didn't see an area for me to add any comments. Also, I already addressed the unique aspect of a possible horse mount. Horses could have the ability to have second riders, saddlebags and the ability to mount up during combat. They might be slower but they would allow someone with a small inventory to go farming for longer and or sort thing.

    Passengers on mounts won't work with out a complete overhaul of the mount system so will most likely never happen. Mounting up in combat again big changes to the mount system so a no on their. Saddlebags don't make much sense either how would you maintain the items in it when not on the horse ? Specially for players who already have the max bag slots.
    Though I would not mind a horse or horse type mount (kirin) just would need a skill to make it stand out from the others. maybe it can rear up and neigh (Fear and Torment) to chase away or stun mobs on dismount.

  • Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RainStorm.9743 said:
    hmmm yea I know there's another one about this but I am a dumb idiot and have no idea how to respond and even when I logged in I didn't see an area for me to add any comments. Also, I already addressed the unique aspect of a possible horse mount. Horses could have the ability to have second riders, saddlebags and the ability to mount up during combat. They might be slower but they would allow someone with a small inventory to go farming for longer and or sort thing.

    No actually you didnt.
    1.) Second riders, Not going to happen there are videos of them experimenting with second riders in closed beta tests laying about on youtube, they ended up scrapping the idea due to difficulies.
    2.) Saddlebags, not a unique ability and if it was added this would be something sold in the gemstore to allow all your mounts to be able to carry more, but that wont happen either as if you want bag expansions you buy expansion slots which arent to expensive and can greatly increase your carrying capacity. I can go for 2-3 days straight on ranger right now without having to stop and sell things without getting full. Full bag slots with 20, 24 and a 32 bag equipped = overkill capacity.
    3.) Mounting in combat, wont happen, period. Anet WANTS you to have to stop and fight if you get dismounted.

    Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.