Marked debuff kills roaming

Babylonn.5027

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ezrael.6859 said:Play a profession that doesn't rely on cheesy stealth mechanics.

He's talking about roaming,never mentioning stealth once.Or you assume that every person that roams must be on a stealth spec ?In either way its irrelevant.Seen the same thing last night where people kept trying to come at our Nc at alpine,and every time they got marked from east/west entrance due to these traps,they were on Non stealth classes,and they got swarmed every time they tried.

This doesnt just hurt stealth classes as much as you want to make yourself believe it.Its hurts every roamer,but i reckon youl be too busy zerging to notice that.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Ezrael.6859 said:Play a profession that doesn't rely on cheesy stealth mechanics.

He's talking about roaming,never mentioning stealth once.Or you assume that every person that roams must be on a stealth spec ?In either way its irrelevant.Seen the same thing last night where people kept trying to come at our Nc at alpine,and every time they got marked from east/west entrance due to these traps,they were on Non stealth classes,and they got swarmed every time they tried.

This doesnt just hurt stealth classes as much as you want to make yourself believe it.Its hurts every roamer,but i reckon youl be too busy zerging to notice that.

This is a complain about the latest buff which only affects stealth. So i agree with Ezrael, stop playing flatbrain stealth mechanics and you should not be affected by this change.

@anduriell.6280 said:

This is a complain about the latest buff which only affects stealth. So i agree with Ezrael, stop playing flatbrain stealth mechanics and you should not be affected by this change.

Its about Marked Debuff,which also gets activated when you run over a trap Marking you on the map.

@displayname.8315 said:

@"Ezrael.6859" said:Play a profession that doesn't rely on cheesy stealth mechanics.

... Jupp... so much more skillfull to play with perma blocks ,gozilla dmg, boonbitch, invu ... godsubstain... wvw isnt balanced at all for roaming no need to nerf stealth to the ground. Let me know what U R playing sensai

These things you mention, you can SEE them happening, so you can play against them. Stealth is mostly used for trolling.

Roaming is cancer in general just ask teapot. PvP matches is the real roaming go do that.

What makes roaming cancer?

Ever seen a queued map with 15 on tag before?

AFK's cause a similar effect. Buncha roamers + AFK's + "do your own thing" guild getting farmed = dead map.

Defense will fail. Forget attacking keeps or T3 towers.

I dont care about blobbers anyway so this que problem is meaningless. Also, roamers have same right to have spot on map as so called zerglings.

@displayname.8315 said:

@"Ezrael.6859" said:Play a profession that doesn't rely on cheesy stealth mechanics.

... Jupp... so much more skillfull to play with perma blocks ,gozilla dmg, boonbitch, invu ... godsubstain... wvw isnt balanced at all for roaming no need to nerf stealth to the ground. Let me know what U R playing sensai

These things you mention, you can SEE them happening, so you can play against them. Stealth is mostly used for trolling.

Roaming is cancer in general just ask teapot. PvP matches is the real roaming go do that.

AFK's cause a similar effect. Buncha roamers + AFK's + "do your own thing" guild getting farmed = dead map.

So because you only blob you assume everyone also wants to ?> @displayname.8315 said:

Lmao roamers are usually the first when it comes to defending something.Fail logic.

People now see your dot more often on their map, wow, definetly roaming is dying atm. Yes, ANet did a mistake inventing DE then they did a mistake "nerfing" stealth mechanic instead of just preventing abusing it, but let's not dramatize, it affects QoL but don't kill it. Just be more aware of your environment while roaming and more careful when you randomly get Marked. Thats all for normal roamers, if you were one of those abusing stealth, then im really sorry, better l2p fast.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

So because you only blob you assume everyone also wants to ?> @displayname.8315 said:

Lmao roamers are usually the first when it comes to defending something.Fail logic.

I don't only "blob" will also play PvP where 5's are more balanced.

Roamers don't defend much against blobs and aren't equipped for it either.

Nothing will happen in WvW if people won't "rally up". Just cause more xfers and frustrated players.

You can get 1v1, small fights by following a tag if you do it right. Gotta be good tho and have alot of awareness.

@displayname.8315 said:

Nothing will happen in WvW if people won't "rally up". Just cause more xfers and frustrated players.

You can get 1v1, small fights by following a tag if you do it right. Gotta be good tho and have alot of awareness.

Were talking about Wvw here where pvp is irrelevant.Roamers are the first on my server to defend something,as i said earlier.People wont "rally" up due to multiple causes,it doesnt have to be because of "roamers" only which is nonsense,so you want to say there's more roaming than blobbing ? I tend to heavily disagree with everything you said.

You follow a tag to find 1v1's ? The hero that bravely charges at some solo roamer while having the safety of his blob behind him ? Ok then.

@"Babylonn.5027" said:Marked debuff kills all tge roaming at enemy side of map, can you make it a bit less punishing for going at enemy areas?Now, roamers that watch the minimap can def camps against other roamers . Want a camp? Fight for it. Outnumbered? You still can run and kill the dolyak. No more camp flipping without fighting. Sounds great.

So, "marked" kills the fun for people that are not willing to fight, but is that roaming? I'd say no.

I might agree in some way: they should have an eye on the automatic upgrades. If camp flipping and dolly killing gets more complicated, and structure upgrades happen more easily, that could truly kill roaming. If all is T3 there is no big need to constantly flip camps anymore.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:If all is T3 there is no big need to constantly flip camps anymore.If all is T3 the only thing you can do is constantly flip camps so I find that statement a little odd.

Flipping for what? The enemy can easily port across the map and flip it back. Dollies, and even supps don't have a tactical value, exept some victory points. At least for my part, I try to gather a small group, or join the zerg for fighting, and maybe resetting the bunkers. Or at least draw out some 500ish supps, and go camp flipping again, attack again, until the bunker runs out of supps. But this takes hours, even days, due to the lack of patience and rewards. I'd imagine a decay in automatic upgrade boni if the T3 structure is constantly cut off from supply lines, but that's another story . . .

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Were talking about Wvw here where pvp is irrelevant.Roamers are the first on my server to defend something,as i said earlier.People wont "rally" up due to multiple causes,it doesnt have to be because of "roamers" only which is nonsense,so you want to say there's more roaming than blobbing ? I tend to heavily disagree with everything you said.

You follow a tag to find 1v1's ? The hero that bravely charges at some solo roamer while having the safety of his blob behind him ? Ok then.

PvP is irrelevent in WvW?? Sad to hear you say that.

Never said roaming was the single reason people won't rally.. again it's afk's, or groups "doing their own thing" refusing to help or work together in any way, and yes roamers too. Queued map 15 on tag.. GG

Yes both sides can fight and 1v1 near the tags before the actual push happens. Trick is not getting punked and dying.

@displayname.8315 said:

Never said roaming was the single reason people won't rally.. again it's afk's, or groups "doing their own thing" refusing to help or work together in any way, and yes roamers too. Queued map 15 on tag.. GG

Yes both sides can fight and 1v1 near the tags before the actual push happens. Trick is not getting punked and dying.

I think you're vastly mislabeling roamers, or at the very least not acknowledging the good roamers. Roamers are meant to flip camps, tap keeps/garris, scout and report enemy movements, numbers and checking keeps/garris/towers/camps to confirm if they are about to be flipped or are under attack and need help. Larger groups of roamers, up to maybe 3 to 10 people are typically havoc roamers that will quickly flip paper or under t3 towers or keeps. If there are solo roamers or small havoc groups that aren't scouting and reporting information then yes they are doing it wrong and that can be a problem. 80% of what I do in WvW is solo roam, looking for 1v1s or 1vX fights but I flip camps, tap keeps/garris and if I see the enemy zerg/blob I report an approximation of their numbers and their location and direction they are moving.

The purpose of roamers staying to defend a tower, keep or garri is so that they can place disablers on deployed siege and to use the placed siege in the tower, keep or garri. This is all to delay so that a tag with proper numbers can properly respond to the callout that would be made in team chat and defend the objective. If you don't know this much then I think you need to do roaming yourself and see how it is, get the experience in for it and then maybe you'll understand that it isn't a hindrance.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I think you're vastly mislabeling roamers, or at the very least not acknowledging the good roamers. Roamers are meant to flip camps, tap keeps/garris, scout and report enemy movements, numbers and checking keeps/garris/towers/camps to confirm if they are about to be flipped or are under attack and need help. Larger groups of roamers, up to maybe 3 to 10 people are typically havoc roamers that will quickly flip paper or under t3 towers or keeps. If there are solo roamers or small havoc groups that aren't scouting and reporting information then yes they are doing it wrong and that can be a problem. 80% of what I do in WvW is solo roam, looking for 1v1s or 1vX fights but I flip camps, tap keeps/garris and if I see the enemy zerg/blob I report an approximation of their numbers and their location and direction they are moving.

The purpose of roamers staying to defend a tower, keep or garri is so that they can place disablers on deployed siege and to use the placed siege in the tower, keep or garri. This is all to delay so that a tag with proper numbers can properly respond to the callout that would be made in team chat and defend the objective. If you don't know this much then I think you need to do roaming yourself and see how it is, get the experience in for it and then maybe you'll understand that it isn't a hindrance.

All of this can accomplished by looking at the map and typing "eyes smc.. eyes keep". One guy usually will respond saying checking. Or just anyone nearby on their way back to the fights.Think you put too much stock in camps. Those I just flip solo while on my way to the big show.

Although having a few guys running around a BL or something sure whatever. Scouting an empty BL God bless you friend.

Curious if your in EU I hear the game is a tiny bit more active there.

@displayname.8315 said:

All of this can accomplished by looking at the map and typing "eyes smc.. eyes keep". One guy usually will respond saying checking. Or just anyone nearby on their way back to the fights.Think you put too much stock in camps. Those I just flip solo while on my way to the big show.

Although having a few guys running around a BL or something sure whatever. Scouting an empty BL God bless you friend.

I'm on NA and my server (TC) is in t3 right now and it used to sit in t1 before (sadly no longer the case). I've been playing this game for 6 years, and roaming for a large majority of it.

I think you need to keep in mind that if someone who is going to check on a keep or other objective that has swords over it has to run all the way from garrison or all the way from citadel waypoints. More often than not if its a large zerg hitting the objective they are going to have outer down and inner probably 80% of the way down which gives less time for a tag to respond. The reason you actually see things called out properly and early enough to have a response be worthwhile is because of roamers being within the vicinity. Either at a nearby camp they defended or just flipped or they were already passing through the keep on their way to a different camp to flip it. That person saying "checking" is likely a roamer.

I put stock in camps when a keep needs to get upgraded again after having been flipped from a large fight or if it was flipped during late hours where your server might have less coverage. Camps get flipped if an enemy keep/garrison/tower is below t3 so you can keep them from being t3 or you flip camps so that you can upgrade your own to t3.

I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen a zergling try and discredit the helpfulness of roamers and scouts, at least the ones that do actually try to do their jobs. See you're here trying to say roamers don't help while I'm on a server that has issues actually responding to callouts in team chat a large portion of the time. My server literally lost our home borderlands garrison, despite a large number of spammed callouts in team chat that it was getting hit hard by large numbers, and I went onto another borderlands to see 3 tags on it and none of them were hitting t3 or other important objectives to at least trade our t3 garri for possibly their t3 garri. Eventually they did only after I called one of the tags out on it and they flipped the enemy t3 garri shortly after ours got flipped.

Don't try to discredit something when you're not understanding how useful it has been. It would be like if I came around here saying that a large majority of the players running with a tag are nothing more than just fodder to soak up damage so that the good players don't die. Which...isn't necessarily untrue sometimes but that isn't true all of the time just like yes some roamers are useless because they don't properly scout or make callouts or flip camps properly but that doesn't mean every roamer does their job wrong.

@displayname.8315 said:

Pvp is irrelevant when we talk about a mechanic in WvW,yes.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I'm on NA and my server (TC) is in t3 right now and it
used to
sit in t1 before (sadly no longer the case). I've been playing this game for 6 years, and roaming for a large majority of it.

I think you need to keep in mind that if someone who is going to check on a keep or other objective that has swords over it has to run all the way from garrison or all the way from citadel waypoints. More often than not if its a large zerg hitting the objective they are going to have outer down and inner probably 80% of the way down which gives less time for a tag to respond. The reason you actually see things called out properly and early enough to have a response be worthwhile is because of roamers being within the vicinity. Either at a nearby camp they defended or just flipped or they were already passing through the keep on their way to a different camp to flip it. That person saying "checking" is likely a
roamer

I put stock in camps when a keep needs to get upgraded again after having been flipped from a large fight or if it was flipped during late hours where your server might have less coverage. Camps get flipped if an enemy keep/garrison/tower is below t3 so you can keep them from being t3 or you flip camps so that you can upgrade your own to t3.

I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen a zergling try and discredit the helpfulness of roamers and scouts, at least the ones that do actually try to do their jobs. See you're here trying to say roamers don't help while I'm on a server that has issues actually responding to callouts in team chat a large portion of the time. My server literally lost our home borderlands garrison, despite a large number of spammed callouts in team chat that it was getting hit hard by large numbers, and I went onto another borderlands to see 3 tags on it and none of them were hitting t3 or other important objectives to at least trade our t3 garri for possibly their t3 garri. Eventually they did only
after
I called one of the tags out on it and they flipped the enemy t3 garri shortly after ours got flipped.

Don't try to discredit something when you're not understanding how useful it has been. It would be like if I came around here saying that a large majority of the players running with a tag are nothing more than just fodder to soak up damage so that the
good
players don't die. Which...isn't necessarily untrue sometimes but that isn't true all of the time just like yes some roamers are useless because they don't properly scout or make callouts or flip camps properly but that doesn't mean every roamer does their job wrong.

The whole thread got nothing to say against your kind, people are simply tired of the stealth BS abusers littering the wvw scene..and those are not roamers

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

used to
sit in t1 before (sadly no longer the case). I've been playing this game for 6 years, and roaming for a large majority of it.

I think you need to keep in mind that if someone who is going to check on a keep or other objective that has swords over it has to run all the way from garrison or all the way from citadel waypoints. More often than not if its a large zerg hitting the objective they are going to have outer down and inner probably 80% of the way down which gives less time for a tag to respond. The reason you actually see things called out properly and early enough to have a response be worthwhile is because of roamers being within the vicinity. Either at a nearby camp they defended or just flipped or they were already passing through the keep on their way to a different camp to flip it. That person saying "checking" is likely a
roamer

I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen a zergling try and discredit the helpfulness of roamers and scouts, at least the ones that do actually try to do their jobs. See you're here trying to say roamers don't help while I'm on a server that has issues actually responding to callouts in team chat a large portion of the time. My server literally lost our home borderlands garrison, despite a large number of spammed callouts in team chat that it was getting hit hard by large numbers, and I went onto another borderlands to see 3 tags on it and none of them were hitting t3 or other important objectives to at least trade our t3 garri for possibly their t3 garri. Eventually they did only
after
I called one of the tags out on it and they flipped the enemy t3 garri shortly after ours got flipped.

Don't try to discredit something when you're not understanding how useful it has been. It would be like if I came around here saying that a large majority of the players running with a tag are nothing more than just fodder to soak up damage so that the
good
players don't die. Which...isn't necessarily untrue sometimes but that isn't true all of the time just like yes some roamers are useless because they don't properly scout or make callouts or flip camps properly but that doesn't mean every roamer does their job wrong.

Keep in mind the East and West keeps start in enemy hands because they are designed to be the property of the other teams.

Depending on a couple people to sit and wait for something to happen is not intended.

This should not happen as maps are supposed to be queued or at the least somewhat populated.

Map hopping for PPT is not the intended design. That's why keeps don't silently flip in EB because people are actually playing together there.

In a good match all maps should funtion this way. If you like the time sink of sitting in wait on a dead map tho that's cool. At least the slow death of wvw allows people to play like that if it's what they want.

If people are looking to fight on an active map, then roamers, afk's, and do your own things is cancer.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

used to

roamer

after

good

The whole thread got nothing to say against your kind, people are simply tired of the stealth BS abusers littering the wvw scene..and those are not roamers

used to

roamer

after

good

Well note how I keep quoting the person who is saying things like that, not everyone else in the thread in general.

I don't really see how this would ruin roaming in the slightest? You will be marked more often I guess, but a zerg isn't going to turn around and head to a sentry to kill one person. And even if they do, honestly, if you can't out run a zerg without stealthing anyway then you were probably dead before the marked changes. As an ele main, I have no access to stealth or reveal and have to constant out run zergs when marked. It's not hard. This change, if anything, brings more small fights. You might get outnumbered more frequently in fights as other roamers head to your spot to fight, but hey thats the way Anet always intended WvW, its not a balanced game mode.

As for the cheesy perma-stealth builds, I am happy there is a little bit of counter play now but I'm still hoping one day they will give Ele a reveal skill. Pls anet.