What do you do for fun?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Mortifera.6138" said:
(5 April 2018). I didn't even get to do all the HoT content with the masteries and things before they released PoF, like anyone else feel like there is too much content like please slow down.
(21 April 2018) I mostly just stand around in-game for the chat, because I'm old school and have what I need. So, a few hours per day.
(30 May 2018) I despise fractals and PvP, and the dungeons are dead. What is to be done for fun in this game? Is PoF required?
(17 November 2018)

Have you considered that this game might not be your cup of tea?

No, because it was my favorite MMO at launch, and now I want to recover that lost feeling of, like, actually enjoying the game.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

(5 April 2018). I didn't even get to do all the HoT content with the masteries and things before they released PoF, like anyone else feel like there is too much content like please slow down.
(21 April 2018) I mostly just stand around in-game for the chat, because I'm old school and have what I need. So, a few hours per day.
(30 May 2018) I despise fractals and PvP, and the dungeons are dead. What is to be done for fun in this game? Is PoF required?
(17 November 2018)

No, because it was my favorite MMO at launch, and now I want to recover that lost feeling of, like, actually enjoying the game.

Maybe unfortunately, but we all grow away from games. The games change (in the case of MMOs), and we ourselves change.In the case of sub free games, they're quite accessible to come back to every now and then.

Personally, I started w GW. After 5-6 years I went to LoTRO. Played that for a few years before coming back to GW. A year or so later, GW2 started its F2P option, and here I am 3 years later.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

(17 November 2018)

What makes you think that's a function of Anet doing something? It's not like they haven't put new content into the game since launch. Time to be honest with one's self here. If your bored, you got options.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:

@phokus.8934 said:It honestly sounds like this game isn’t for you.

This sounds like the best idea. If the OP no longer finds the game fun, play something else. Maybe some day something will peak their interest enough to return.

Well I guess complaining on the boards that there nothing to do can be seen as something to do.

@Mortifera.6138 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:Honestly curious as to how PvP is pay to win?

All the meta builds require elite specialization. It's been that way since HoT.

thats not pay2win rofl. Most people buy expansions in MMOs so its called normal progression

@Mortifera.6138 said:

(17 November 2018)

umm clearly its NOT your favorite MMO if you refuse to buy the expansions

@Ashen.2907 said:

By your own definition, then, its been that way since GW1 Factions launched....

lol

I seem to recall top builds/comps not requiring Sin or Rit.

Factions didn't only add Sin and Rit, it added loads of new skills for all professions and builds used skills from Factions. Or even worse, skills from Prophecies, remember that Factions was standalone and for someone that had Factions only, they were blocked from using the Prophecies skills (and vice versa), meaning for many builds one campaign wouldn't suffice, you needed both. Something that only got worse with Nightfall and then Eye of the North.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Have you considered that this game might not be your cup of tea?No,Well perhaps it's time to reconsider.The 2018 version of GW2 has evolved from its 2012 launch and maybe you just prefer games still in start up mode.

This. You either adapt and go with the direction the game provides, assisting with quality, constructive feedback or you find another game that will provide that early day thrill or that suits what you are looking for. Coming to the forum month on month to complain about the direction or boredom with poor quality feedback achieves precisely nothing for either yourself or the dev team.

It's a video game. You are not obliged to play if it isn't entertaining you.

@Ashen.2907 said:

By your own definition, then, its been that way since GW1 Factions launched....

lol

I seem to recall top builds/comps not requiring Sin or Rit.

Basically what Mad Doctor said. For example spirit bond is a factions only skill, it gave way from 55hp monks to be 600 hp monk solo farmers. Or splinter weapon from Rit being used alot. As well as Necro/Rit healers being preferred over monk healers in HA at some point.

I mean, ofcourse it's a bit of a stretch to call it pay to win in the first place, but there was definitely an increase in power and damage or at least versatility.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:How do you know raid groups are exclusive if you've never even played them?

To be fair, they usually are. Pugging raids is painful, especially if you are trying to learn the encounters, and getting into a group that has a schedule isnt any easier unless they have an absence.

Well your not supposed to pug or get into experienced groups with a schedule when your learning anyway.Thats what all the training runs that specific guilds and randoms do on the lfg.Sadly most people seem to not want to train instead just get in, get the kill and go on their merry way.From own experience being in a training dhuum were people left after each pull.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:How do you know raid groups are exclusive if you've never even played them?

To be fair, they usually are. Pugging raids is painful, especially if you are trying to learn the encounters, and getting into a group that has a schedule isnt any easier unless they have an absence.

Well your not supposed to pug or get into experienced groups with a schedule when your learning anyway.Thats what all the training runs that specific guilds and randoms do on the lfg.Sadly most people seem to not want to train instead just get in, get the kill and go on their merry way.From own experience being in a training dhuum were people left after each pull.

Oh believe me i know that! Hell, i know most of the bosses(with the exception of the dhuum wing) now but refuse to pug. Id rather do them with a training group my friend runs with his guild than do a pug, at leasts its enjoyable even in failure.

@"Mortifera.6138" said:Dungeons: Dead.Fractals: Too grindy.Raids: Most groups are exclusive.PvP: Pay to win.

what you should of said:

Dungeons: Dead/Boring/playing TP way more lucrative - requires no actual game play

Fractals: repetitive ie. grindy, who wants to do lvl 1-100 let alone everything else. Hilarious, the TP playing can get u the Agony resist you need.

Raids: Most groups are exclusive - this is true, good luck finding any groups that will take you, especially taking the time to search, network, ask around lol, who has time for that. They need to make auto join in Raids, and nerf the difficulty, since its all mostly dead content anyways, except for what? probably only 100 groups do this on a regular basis in the entire game. most will only accept 1-2 pugs, and most of those require proof of kills, regardless of gaming experience you have, or whether you understand the mechanics from youtube, there is no way for them to measure that, so kill proof required it is, which of course is a catch 22 in and of itself if you're trying to get into raids lol.

Want to know how i know its around 100 groups that do this? Because the LFG is always deserted in raids, I'd be surprised if it is even 100 active raiding groups at this point and more like 20-50. If it was like 1000+ groups the little singular LFG tab would be constantly loaded with people LFM 24/7, and yet thats not the case.

PvP: Dead, tournaments no longer matter, they abandoned e-sport pvp, all the streamers left and competition left. Super negative environment, over-tuned/unbalanced builds, that indeed require elite specs to even stand a chance (unless you enjoy playing with a huge handicap and go vanilla necro or something which is the same as the elite specs only you will be missing a handful of aces up your sleeve - ie a handicap). (in this regard it is p2w if you are a f2p player).

so yah I agree with mostly everything you said.

I do however like the holiday stuff and the lore/nostalgia/enviornement/gameplay but even though im sure this game "is not the game for me" lol (you guys are funny). I been playing since gw1 so im sorry its morphed into something I (an original fan) don't really like as much as the original, except for a handful of aspects which are better than the original.