ArcDPS once again

Biff.5312

Ok, I've installed this thing twice now. Both times, after using it for maybe a day, it becomes obsolete due to a patch, and when I re-install it simply isn't there. The UI doesn't display it. I have no idea if it's present in the background but I can't see it.I'm not sure why it worked the second time, as I've made multiple attempts that failed in-between the two successful ones.

The files are all in place. What's the keyboard command for opening the UI? I can't seem to find any information on this (at least none that works).

@DerJoker.9081 said:If you want to update ArcDPS, delete the d3d9.dll in the bin64 folder, delete the one in your download folder too and then download arcDPS's new d3d9.dll with the newest patch and copy it from your download folder into the bin64 folder.Launch game and it should work

Maybe I didn't delete the one in my download folder. I'll try again tonight. Thanks.

There are a number of scripts out there that you can setup to update your copy of ARC, without going through all the shenanigans. Most of them are setup to launch the game for you with whatever parameters you prefer. @deltaconnected.4058 even included a link to a google search to find them.

I use that because I got tired of being careful of keeping track which version was which and whether I updated to the correct folder and so on. Plus, I can just double click an icon now, so it's a lot faster.

I guess I can try that - Once again last night I deleted all existing files and dropped in the appropriate stuff; didn't work.

Really all I want is to compare different gear combos on my toons, and I think I can do that with the built-in data you can access with the training golem, so if this doesn't work I think I'm done.

• 2 years later...