[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Lanhelin.3480 said:Just a few suggestions regarding guilds and guild management:

• It'd be great, if we could assign different chat-colors to the different guild-ranks. Be it just the name of the characters shown in chat or what they write, would make it a lot easier to identify who is talking. Especially in larger guilds and/or when altoholics like me are in a guild.

this is nice but it should only work while representing a guild, i'd also prefer they rather make an option to assign a custom colour to /g1 ~ /g5 that way when all 4 (or 5 if you aren't repping any) guilds are chatting all at once, it's easier to distinguish and reply to a particular guild-chat... having to seperate the different guild chats into many tabs is messy and prone to sending to the wrong channel.

--- actually if they ever do that, they should let us assign custom colours to all chat channels like in other mmorpgs

After playing a minion-mancer full time for the past two weeks, I would like to upgrade my opinion of minion de-spawning from annoying to aggravating. There are just too many situations that cause your minions to despawn and require re-activation outside of combat, including but not limited to: changing zones, entering dungeons, exiting dungeons, transforms related to hearts or HP challenges, tonics and probably others I haven't found yet.

Having all minions out is a fun experience. There you are with your little posse, the magnificent seven against the world. It's a very different experience from any other class, or even other necro builds. And it would really help that experience if there were an OPTION one could enable to automatically re-activate minions after zone-change, dungeon/fractal entry/exit, transform, etc if the minions were out before the change.

I would like to see the Mystic Chromatic Ooze added to the novelties section, as long as it is added so that we can still use it in combat and WvW. I've regretted adding several items to the Novelty panel because they became unavailable in some areas or un-usable with other items.

I want to play Holosmith, but can't because nearly every Holo weapon and utility skill causes bright instant camera flashes that hurt my eyes. Holosmith isn't the only problem, of course. There are so many skills, both from players and enemies that cause bright flashes that are damaging to eyes. These are health issues and Anet should take these issues seriously enough to address them quickly and efficiently.

Could you made account bound Skinns consumable into transmutation charges please?I got soo many skinns from achievments and fractals some i do like, but i don't have the right equipment for it rnSo it would be awsum if you could consume them so you can sort of used them later without keeping them in your bank

Here are a few ideas I've collected over time:

1. Make 24- and 28-slot bags account bound.
  2. On the drop-down for salvaging, make it checkboxes for rarity, vs. "salvage all of rarity X".
  3. On the drop-down for salvaging, add an option for common items.
  4. Change colors for different types of break bars.
  5. Change colors (slightly) for similar objects (like up or down arrows for elevation), to better accommodate r/g and b/y color-blind people.
  6. When entering crafting, minimize all tabs in the left nav pane.
  7. Create a search capability for the character selection screen.
    • Include checkbox for race.
    • Include checkbox for profession.
    • Include numerical spinners for levels or level range.
    • Add a field to manually type a portion of a character's name.
    • All of the above should be independently selectable.
  8. Have the Mystic Forge remember your last transaction this session. Perhaps a "repeat last" button.
  9. Allow the Mystic Forge to access your bank, as all crafting does now.
    • If that's technically difficult, instead add an "open bank" button to the Mystic Forge screen.
  10. Allow us to see how much we have banked (without being at a bank, but also without being able to withdraw).
  11. Add a strong warning when you're about to use the Mystic Forge to change the stats on a piece of armor or a weapon. "You're about to lose infusions or upgrades." (as appropriate)
  12. Gem store item to go to the labyrinth (during halloween, that is).
  13. Break into sub-folders "Open World" (under the LFG tool) by region.
    • Shiverpeaks
    • Ascalon
    • etc.

@"Daddicus.6128" said:

1. Create a search capability for the character selection screen.
    • Include checkbox for race.
    • Include checkbox for profession.
    • Include numerical spinners for levels or level range.
    • Add a field to manually type a portion of a character's name.
    • All of the above should be independently selectable.

This would be wonderful.. I have over 60 characters and it's a cluster trying to find them. I miss the option for alphabetical sorting from GW1. Sort by profession, as he said, would be extremely useful also.

Some new suggestions that came to my head today...

1. I do a lot of PvE and when there is an event with many players and NPCs dying around it's quite often very hard to distinguish if you're healing a player or an NPC : ] Sometimes they just lie on each other, next to each other or just all over the place : D And despite me trying to aim in the real person (yes, I know the markers are different color!), I often end up healing an NPC. In all the mess and visuals and fight going around, it would be nice to have some kind of a way to help players only.

2. Mounts fall to slow! This is mainly about the bunny. Yes, I know how it sounds. The issue is that if one wants to get to a high/very high location and fails to catch the edge, falling down and sliding a bit too slow on EVERY SINGLE slanted edge of a rock, before properly landing on the ground is quite frustrating. The thing is, a player cannot do anything in the time of a mount just sliding down. Would be nice if I could dismount while falling.I think the mounts behave too much like they were very slightly smeared with glue that tries to stop them on every little curve, edge, ledge ;p but none of these objects is sticking out enough to stop the fall.It gets double frustrating when I'm trying to escape enemies and I get trapped between them while I'm hopelessly glued to my bunny that is just sliding down and enemies just keep on attacking. And all you can do is wait until it lands or the enemies kill the mount. aaand maybe then you can escape.. or not. And then you can be completely trapped since you cannot mount back while in combat. This is neither tactical or practical :/

Add Lock button for Daily repeatable Achievements, so those Achievements will stay on Watch List panel, even if they reach 100% completion.

For ex. Daily Completionist and Master Diver, those are repeatable, once it reaches 100% it removes from Watch List panel on User Interface. Lock button will make those Achievements to stay on the panel, instead of disappearing.

@Rob.6315 said:Simply being able to have my WvW gear on it's own tab and my PVE gear on it's own.. You let us have multi-skills but we still have to manually swap our gear.. which can be a pita.

Yeah, i won't mind to have that too. Some kind of Equipment Storage. For ex. in fractals, i play chrono and switch between off-hand shield and focus, depends on situation. I need to open backpack, and equip weapon in offhand, otherwise go to hero panel ( anyway it takes few actions to switch it ). Equipment Storage can hold items in certain slots to provide pre-made eqipement set, that you can can use to switch weapons\armor via hotkey during non-combat. Plus, this will spare inventroy space.

The ability to stack shoulders and/or helms for gear.

With both the Mad King and Wintersday shoulders being particle effects without an actual discernible shoulder piece worn, it would be nice to be able to stack these. So for example, someone could wear the Raven Mantle and have for a particle effect the Winters Presence Skin as well. Or any helm and one of the glowing eye effects.

Here is a suggestion, what if we had a few (optional) slots added to the UI near the skills (or can be drug around to fit anywhere) that you can link consumables/gizmos from your inventory into? Call it a tool belt. It would help during times that I am treasure hunting in maps that require me to double click on a map or some other echo-locator consumable. I would be able to reason with using some of the cool gizmo's I have acquired, such as a certain rift related one. People would love it for food/utilities. Even if you gave two slots free and more could be purchased via gems I would be more than happy.

@Tenna Tulre.2076 said:The ability to stack shoulders and/or helms for gear.

With both the Mad King and Wintersday shoulders being particle effects without an actual discernible shoulder piece worn, it would be nice to be able to stack these. So for example, someone could wear the Raven Mantle and have for a particle effect the Winters Presence Skin as well. Or any helm and one of the glowing eye effects.

This, or wardrobe function for effects that come from infusions and like. :O Also I would love to have a preview possibility for Items like [Polysaturating Reverberating Infusion (Red)] so that I could see how it looks in my current gear. :)

@"Sirian.3689" said:I have gained every non-special collection color, no reward for reaching that milestone, but my potions of "guaranteed dye unlocking" are useless now, maybe combining 4 in the mystic forge could give a random exclusive dye?

I have the same problem with guaranteed dyes I crafted from my garden patch. And now they are useless :[

Just a minor thing, but I'd like an option for an indicator that lets me know at a glance if my auto-run is toggled on. Mostly for the sake of Beetle Racing - I find it easier to tap R to get my beetle moving and then focus purely on managing momentum and steering, but sometimes I don't realise that I accidentally switched it off (often by tapping W or S) until my beetle starts gradually losing momentum and stopping entirely. A way of checking at a glance whether auto-run is on or not while mounted would be handy!