Skill Lag in WvW [Merged]

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even 2 way fights on Fridays are horrible. There we (because a whole bunch of people suffered it) even got 3s of skilllag.

Skillag might be not a problem for anets pet classes. but standing around 4 seconds doing the stupid MS animation and then have the skill NOT go off is a game breaker.

Anet needs to fix this. Either implement a way to break off skills right at once OR do something about the lag.

One thing that would certainly help - remove the walking aoe spam. Because in my observations, the more necros the worse the lag.

Figured I'd pitch in after having a rather frustrating hour of roaming with my skills taking 1-2+ secs to activate regadless of whether there was a zerg nearby or not. Boy if I could only get a class action going and get back all the money, we spent on your half made product... oh boy, oh boy!

@"Arlette.9684" said:Figured I'd pitch in after having a rather frustrating hour of roaming with my skills taking 1-2+ secs to activate regadless of whether there was a zerg nearby or not. Boy if I could only get a class action going and get back all the money, we spent on your half made product... oh boy, oh boy!Yes, I can see how that go well in court for GW2 players.

Judge: "Hmmm so you couldnt play the product you purchased because of lag?"Plaintiff: "No I played for 7842 hours."Judge: "... what?"

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Arlette.9684" said:Figured I'd pitch in after having a rather frustrating hour of roaming with my skills taking 1-2+ secs to activate regadless of whether there was a zerg nearby or not. Boy if I could only get a class action going and get back all the money, we spent on your half made product... oh boy, oh boy!Yes, I can see how that go well in court for GW2 players.

Judge: "Hmmm so you couldnt play the product you purchased because of lag?"Plaintiff: "No I played for 7842 hours."Judge: "... what?"

You've obviously never faced the American Justice System, to which ANET as a US based company, adheres to.

Got no problems with ping and FPS.

I'm like 40-60fps in wvwAnd 30-50 ping.Not bad. Numbers depending on location

But still skillags. Casting skills will make the icons blink like crazy, but there's no actual casting of these skills.

It's really frustrating to play sometimes. The enemy zerg just rolls over you and you are like: I pressed all my buttons, still I'm dead and we didn't kill anything, because people couldn't cast their skills.

@Timelord.8190 said:Anet has set the server limit to high, to many people can join in the same border. Anet acts as it's not a problem, even after they have been told this since the game came out.

Yep.

It's due to greed, pure and simple.

Anet aren't the only ones who do this, either.

It's a false economy, though - because many people will either leave, or (even if they do still keep playing) will stop spending money on these games.

@Dawdler.8521 said:So the TL;DR of everything can basicly be summed up as WvW is dead because no one is playing it, but its lagging due to the large number of players so Anet needs to quickly lower the player cap so that WvW doesnt die.

I don't think WvW is dead. Perhaps some think it's in decline, but just recently we had a 100 man queue for EB on my server.

As for lagging due to the large number of players - perhaps reducing the player cap would help, but I think it's mostly down to the servers they're using now (Amazon).

Is there any old mmorpg that handles this many crowds of people without any lag ? >.> I play from South Asia on EU server with 150ms ping and used to spike to 2k or 3k in smc 3 way fights when i had a broadband connection. Few weeks ago i got fed up and starting using my phone's 4g network to play gw2 :P and voila no more lags/packet loss only lag is fps one because of my old rig. Its all bout our network route to anet servers and i feel like issue is on our side unless they make servers worldwide like DotA 2 for example

• 2 weeks later...

I'm had lag issues along all last week, only in WvW. This week too.What's going on? Can't play with that ping oscillation.My normal ping is 150 to 200, which is already bad but I live in Brazil so... it's life.But over the course of this week, my ping has oscilated only when I approach enemy players on WvW, suddenly 5k, suddenly 600, back to 150 then 3k...

*sorry bad english

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It's fine. Time management. Go in, push ALL the buttons, and then sit back and sip your beer. Wait 10-15 minutes, get another beer, throw steaks on the BBQ, and have a glance at the screen. Make salad, simmer mushrooms, put garlic toast in the oven. Glance at screen. LET THE STEAKS REST. Remove assorted sides from heat, and plate. Add a light bit of grated parmesan to garlic toast, and enjoy. Compliment the ol' lady on her choice of dinner for the evening. Watch an episode of designated survivor (NOT season 3) on netflix, and brush your teeth. Change into jam-jams.

Sit down at computer, and have a beer. BE READY. Skills are about to be available again. Press 6 to not die ..... followed by ALL the buttons again. Chat with guildies on TS, see what they have on the go for the rest of the week. DOME UP. Floss. Sort recycling.

AXE 5. SPIN TO WIN. Go to bed. Do not forget alarm.

0430: Shower. Eggs. Glance at screen. F2 for FULLCOUNTERANDNOWI'MDEAD.

Well....we tried.