Question regarding instrument used in "Buried Treasure" tune. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Question regarding instrument used in "Buried Treasure" tune.

During Festival of the Four Winds there was a tune, later updated on Anet Soundcloud under the name of "Buried Festivals", which I absolutely love as an amaturistic Irish trad player. Is it correct I hear two tin whistles in this tune? And in which key are these?

Tagged:

Comments

• It's actually just one whistle playing the melody in the low and high octaves, and it's in C. The player we recorded, Kristin Naigus, also did a version with a whistle in F, but it didn't quite have the nimble character I wanted for the tune. She also played the bassoon part on the track. She's very talented! Thanks for listening and giving this track some love. It was fun to do but kind of flew under the radar.

• Gaile Gray.6029Gaile Gray.6029 Member  
    edited November 27, 2018

Oh I like that one, too! (Official recording found here.)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.