What is your most favorite soundtrack/tune/song in the game? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is your most favorite soundtrack/tune/song in the game?

This one is for the whole team (not necessarily Audio Team only) , which is your favorite and why? It doesn't have to be one you worked on yourself.

Tagged:

Comments

• Gaile Gray.6029Gaile Gray.6029 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2018

I'm not on the Audio Team, but I'm a major, major fan of their work. And Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 music is the best!!

I have more favorites than I can name, but some a few of the many that come to mind:

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2018

Rata Novus - poss the best they've done considering how well it fits and instantly recognisable it is
    Auric Wilds - a very cool, unique piece
    The Olmakhan - perfectly captured the feel and spirit of the Charr tribe and their way of life
    Sands of Chaos - has a real flavour of Hollywood desert epics
    Battle on the Breachmaker - by far the best boss battle accompaniment in the game

honorary mentions
    Welcome to the desert - perfectly captures that Lawrence of Arabia feel
    The Nightfall music from Istan when it kicks in. Oh that was sooo cool

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• My favorites are probably Rata Novus, Faren's Flier, The Golden Cave, The Olmakhan, Labyrinthine Cliffs, and Taimi's Game. There are others I like, but it fluctuates and I've written so much I forget about a lot of things.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

The Sanctum Sprint race music is wonderful too. Just gets me pepped up to crystal dash though sunlit heights.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Rata Novus is so beautiful it reminds me strangely, Pr.Layton and the Azran Legacy, Azran... Asuras.. very close hmmmm

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' DONE, Housing DONE, New asuran expansion DONE, Designing a new lounge "current", New GameMode DONE

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2018

Just because this is one of those threads...

Far from Home, Crystal Oasis redux - both from HoT or just prior. I should stop and listen to the music more often lately, because I think I liked The Olmakhan but I can't actually remember it. :/

From Jeremy Soule's old work, I'm happy to hear Garden of Seborhin and The Forgotten God make it back to Elona. At least, I think I've heard The Forgotten God... if not, then I should. ;)

Two that I'd like to hear make a comeback are Borlis Pass from the GW1 Battle Pack 1 soundtracks, and Wilderness of Bahdza from the Nightfall collectors' edition. The latter, bordering on ambient music, was a great fit for Vabbi.

• I've had an almost unhealthy obsession with Nightfall music since launch.

Especially Festival of Lyss. Best track in the entire series. Mysterious, soothing, uplifting, powerful.

Nightfall's combat music is also so darn catchy I'm a bit sad it wasn't just recycled into Path of Fire, at least for Istan or Kourna. I'm not for recycling anything with sequels, but sometimes things just work.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.