Can you name a music piece that made you very emotional just during the composing process? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Can you name a music piece that made you very emotional just during the composing process?

That question is more directed to Maclaine Diemer, and maybe You can share such moments other co-composers had while they composed their music?

And the question to all of the Team and the fellow players: What is the music piece from this Game that made you very emotional?

I was teary when I listened to Aurene's Fate (the newest track), The Prophecy (also the newest from A Star to Guide Us), the whole Blish's thematic tracks: Sorrow, Determination and Sacrifice, Tomb of Primeval Kings, Demmi's theme (Demmi is my favorite character in GW2). the music in the trailer for Daybreak, instrumental Fear not this Night, Far from Home (HoT ST) and can't forget to mention A Land Restored.

I love ALL the Ambient, also the tracks that were recorded by the live German orchestra for Season 2, that I had privilege to see and hear. (http://maclainediemer.com/video/ last 3 videos).

Sister Rabbit is so cute, btw :D

Seek, and you shall find.

Tagged:

Comments

• I don't know about during the composing of the pieces themselves, but the very first time we recorded with a live orchestra, which is captured in the videos you mentioned, was about as emotional as I've ever been working on the game. Stress and anxiety and joy and relief all at the same time. It was really scary working up to that first session, because I'd never done it before and afraid of messing up and never getting the opportunity again. Fortunately, it all went so well, and we've had the option to do it many more times since.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Maclaine Diemer.8271 said:
    I don't know about during the composing of the pieces themselves, but the very first time we recorded with a live orchestra, which is captured in the videos you mentioned, was about as emotional as I've ever been working on the game. Stress and anxiety and joy and relief all at the same time. It was really scary working up to that first session, because I'd never done it before and afraid of messing up and never getting the opportunity again. Fortunately, it all went so well, and we've had the option to do it many more times since.

Yeah, for example the live version of Lion's Arch Reborn and Lament and Heart of Thorns theme if I'm not mistaken.

There is a big difference between the music that is composed on electronics and a live orchestra. When Lion's Arch Reborn Live version was released I noticed instantly that it's new, because it had more depth, the real instruments just make it more lively.

If I could pick a music piece from the Game and would like to be played by the live orchestra, it would be Tomb of Primeval Kings with a full dimensional male choir.

Seek, and you shall find.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.