Story: Hidden Arcana

Veluna.7316

How the royal kitten do you get the Malevolent Memory out of its standing still phase in the middle of a giant AoE Damage field of death. The bloody Vortex Crystal keeps knocking me back all the time regardless of using the Shield Immunity, the Fragile trait, or combining them. It makes absolutely no sense to me what is the condition for getting the Vortex Crystal to accept the Fragile trait on you during this part. All other phases the damn Vortex never pushes me back constantly.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I HATED this instance in the story. This convinces me that I will NEVER raid. I don't want to learn complex mechanics. Up to this point I could figure out what to do for the story. This sent me to the wiki and then videos to try and figure this out. This is the only time I would want to skip part of what I would consider a well written and interesting story. No need for this level of complexity and REPEATED use of raid mechanics to play the story line. HORRIBLE game mechanics for the story - the designer should stick to raids.

@"Veluna.7316" said:How the royal kitten do you get the Malevolent Memory out of its standing still phase in the middle of a giant AoE Damage field of death.

You don't. You wait for one of the bubbles (a.k.a. fragility shield) it casts to pop up, take it and run to the next vortex crystal ASAP, then destroy the crystal. By doing so, you damage the Malevolent Memory (greatly more than by hitting it with your weapon). It's one of the mechanics that was used against one of the previous bosses. (Sometimes the vortex crystal is incased in a colored beam, in which case you need to kill a summoned facet first and pick up its color to be able to enter the beam - also a mechanic that was used against one of the previous bosses.)

It's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. No "terrible mechanic" at all. :)

P.S. Wiki is a bit more detailed if you want to read up on it: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Arcana