Custom Soundtracks — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Custom Soundtracks

Is there any possibility to expand this feature by adding more varied playlists?
I love the music of the game, but the ability to change -some- of the playlists and use custom music is a great feature that allows some more variety (after listening to the same tracks for 6 years it might get a bit boring)

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello Maddoctor,

I am happy to hear you are enjoying the music. It is fun to use this unique feature to swap out music and offer more variety to playing.
    It looks like there are 8 categories supported, what other categories do you think would be useful to you?
    Here is the full list.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

I appreciate your perspective and thank for your suggestions.

Drew Cady
    Audio Director

• is there any way to simply tell the game to REMOVE 1 or 2 songs from the active playlists? it would be cool as Lord Faren in his autobiography to use a "/" command in game to tell me the name of song, and then be able to use another "/" command to add/ remove individual songs to/ from default playlists, or to be able to use use "/" commands to reduce/ increase the frequency of individual songs.

the fanfare for the Lion's Arch cinematic sequence comes to mind. i'd personally rather have that song cycle with others on the character select screen, and never hear it while in LIon's Arch (except for when a character triggers the first-time-entry cinematic.) and i would LOVE to be able to make that adjustment in game, instead of having to change "customized music playlists" on my PC every update. let's face it, you all release amazing new music so often, that it's a bit cumbersome to re-customize a playlist every time you release new music.

"Bacon Defeciency DIsorder Sux"
    ~ The Baconnaire

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DrewCady.8902 said:
    Hello Maddoctor,

I am happy to hear you are enjoying the music. It is fun to use this unique feature to swap out music and offer more variety to playing.
    It looks like there are 8 categories supported, what other categories do you think would be useful to you?
    Here is the full list.

Hello and thanks for the reply!
    The categories are fine, but I'd love to be able to set them per region, the same way the game itself does, the in-game playlist for the Shiverpeaks is different to the one playing in Ascalon, which is different to the one playing in the Crystal Desert and different to the one playing in the Heart of Maguuma. If I could add region specific playlists that would be awesome, for example Ambient-Ascalon would change only the ambient music while playing around Ascalon and keep the rest the same.

The second suggestion that I'd like to make, if there could be a simple way to make our own playlist an addition to the normal music, to keep the awesome game music, but add our own on top of it for some more random variety. If I add my own BossTheme music it will remove all the other BossThemes. I know I could download the tracks available on Soundcloud and add the music to my own playlists (to keep the in-game music intact) but not all pre-expansion music is available on soundcloud.

The third suggestion might be a bit more complex, I'm not sure how the system works. There are places that play completely unique music, for example fighting the Mouth of Mordremoth has a unique theme compared to all other boss battles. If I add my own BossBattle it will override the Mouth of Mordremoth music too so I guess my suggestion to be if we can preserve such unique (and awesome) music tracks when adding our own playlists.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

@DrewCady.8902 said:
    Hello Maddoctor,

Here is the full list.

The main problem with that soundtrack is that it is all-in. I can't just add new songs to the default list, i can't change music only for specific zone/map. Moreover, the default list is much more varied and specific that what we get - there are lot of maps with their own unique music, same with some specific battles (raids, some fractals, etc).

The ideal state would be if the default list was accessible and could be edited by adding/moving/removing entries, with us being able to (for example) change only individual songs without affecting the rest. Basically, if we had a system with the same granularity of the in-game music list. The current custom music system is nowhere close to that ideal.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Will be cool if audio types are supported and so no need to have a playlist. Like, I have a renamed mp3, and he is read as the associated playlist name.
    Ambient.mp3 play as ambient in loop.
    I don't know why any of my audios aren't playing.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    I don't know why any of my audios aren't playing.

Because you haven't set your playlists properly.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

Even my playlists aren't working, I've respected all the rules.. ;-;
    But to return to the subject, why not playlists depending on the weather (if possible of course)? Playing when in PvP, one in WvW, and one at Guildhall?

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.