World Restructuring Update 2

Raymond Lukes.6305

@Dayra.7405 said:

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:Changing "Worlds" with the new system is supposed to be as easy as changing guilds, or is that not wrong? I mean, what's the deal?

Today, World-change is instant. That can be dropped in my oppinion. You can declare something else your WvW guild, but this has only an effect on the next relink.

Not quite instant, you do have to wait for the next match-up iirc. (Not sure though since i've never changed worlds - SFR since 2012)

'Telephone rings'Answerphone clicks on: 'thanks for calling the wvw dev team. We're not here, nor is there ever more than one of us working on wvw, unless there is a gap in LW production and they can spare a guy for a few minutes unless an NPC needs something altering that is way more important like fingernail length. Please leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you in 2020. beeeeeeep'.

If it's not blindingly obvious to even the most die hard fanboy, wvw isn't anywhere on Anet's priority list. As someone else says, this now feels more like a development for GW3 or some other game that will have this alliance system for pvp in it. By the time it gets released here, it's way too late unless it's so good it gets people back and playing (and without fixing the broken OP power creep and condi splurge, people won't stay anyway).

"Give us an update! It's been months!"

"It's still being worked on! But we can't show anything yet."

"You guys aren't doing anything!!! Another year or longer???"

My god... It was a mistake to announce this at all, it's the most negative people have ever been because they have dumb expectations.

Just to remind you:

We've had more balance patches (and bigger ones at that) than ever beforeA siege revision that addressed AC spam to win that so many people complained about.Stealth got addressed by changing the marked debuff and changing the stealth reveal trap to actually help against stealth, another thing hundreds of people complained about regularly.Full on event WEEKS, with more world exp and reward track bonus + different gameplay through removing downstate or playing around ruins.And a bunch of quality of life changes, like the most recent decay prevention outside of the game mode.

It's all the same team. Most, if not all of them also work on this update. Why would you think that it's a 1 person job now? Because he talks about what he specifically is doing? That would mean the other people stopped working on it, makes no sense. You're just assuming the worst for no reason. If the mode really was abandoned there wouldn't have been any of these updates.

Not much to say 10 months and this is what we get? I mean i guess DEVS don't care about WvW players and if you're delusional about Alliances bring you players after launch YOU'RE mistaken.This is a disaster and Anet is focusing on PvE contend and roller nonsense related updates and events. Add more useless skins and trash in the gem store, add more content to PvE and just don't bother on giving us lame updates with coming soon. That's what you said 10 months ago and since i'm playing the game for the past 3 years NOTHING you said or do came up on time.Oh mi mistake except PvE content every 3 or 4 months, gg Anet and RIP WvW and GW2.

@Dont.5863 said:Not much to say 10 months and this is what we get? I mean i guess DEVS don't care about WvW players and if you're delusional about Alliances bring you players after launch YOU'RE mistaken.This is a disaster and Anet is focusing on PvE contend and roller nonsense related updates and events. Add more useless skins and trash in the gem store, add more content to PvE and just don't bother on giving us lame updates with coming soon. That's what you said 10 months ago and since i'm playing the game for the past 3 years NOTHING you said or do came up on time.Oh mi mistake except PvE content every 3 or 4 months, gg Anet and RIP WvW and GW2.

Its not about devs. I guess ppl assigned fro wvw do what they can, the problem is how many ppl are assigned for wvw. As You said, there is 95 % more content of pve than from wvw, and this is the Main problem

"Yes, we only use play hours in WvW when doing the population calculations."

This on its own guarantee this new structuring will be a failure. You should NEVER base calc of server pops based on old player hours, it should be based on wvw population regardless of how much they play. Your failed system has already been proven to not work. 100vs100vs100 not 50vs100v70. Peoples play times will go up and down based on the time of year and personal/work life changes. It should be based on EQUAL numbers only. This is one of the KEY reasons wvw is dying on its feet. WvW needs BALANCE. That mean REAL effort to get FAIR numbers per side. REAL skill and pro balance. Fixing the bugs that have been reported for years.

Ally system failed in GW1 because one guild falls apart normally means all ally will fail apart, add that to this game mode and lock people into worlds for 3 months = even worse for the player base when an ally falls apart. Do people have to wait 3 months to reorganize anew ally? For these reasons alone your ideas are not going to help wvw, they're going to finally kill the game more complete.

All that was needed was ppl really working on wvw skill balancing and bottom tier servers deleted and players added to the other servers to get fairer numbers on each server. Instead as always anet have taken the more complex idea that has already been proven not to work hype it up and keep us waiting for years.

Waiting for the new system that I already am well aware will kill this game mode is like waiting for the grim reaper....

May I ask what would the alliance solve? not to mention that it is taking so much time that by the time that it is ready, maybe the reasons behind it no longer exists.

And I will be honest, you can't control the population, you can't force people to play as some may be less interested, some might be busy with real life things, or grinding for shinnies or something.

linking system in my opinion was good in a way .. but you kept changing servers etc and allow people transfer and sometimes locking servers for looooong time where they actually needed people to transfer to them, now what?

I have been in server where even in tournament I knew where we will be placed which was 9th place, I didn't transfer and not thinking of transferring even, and glad to have people around me that we stay to have fun in wvw "we even went to eotm and had fun" kodans power!.

And I have had people who transferred to win and said they will be back after "which they didn't come back" and actually even left the game.

I think what you really need to do is to go through the suffering that some servers do go through sometimes. some servers can see that they will be suffering and always be in outnumbered fights (I know that some of us don't mind outnumbered fights), but sometimes it reaches a point where it is not really playable. And sadly we knew that this would continue for 2 months due to you keep following this "link system" two month thing, guess what? MANY people left the server. Then even if you have your data on things, they are not even close to being accurate. =/

As for the server relinking every two months, I do handle the wvw insults that happens, aka throwing sieges etc on players or jumping on corpses (sometimes I over react a bit and might take or try to take revenge), but due to this, now what do you think would happen if you linked us with these people? I myself starting to think that perhaps it is good idea to block these people and when you get linked to them to ignore them if they die or need help, but then there is that part where I start thinking "we are team now".

And don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that developers etc replying and giving "honest" updates and sharing some of the wvw funny things, but these things happens once in blue moon it seems.

Sorry for long post and I will be posting the question again.May I ask what would the alliance solve? not to mention that it is taking so much time that by the time that it is ready, maybe the reasons behind it no longer exists. don't let it be like human female stretching and dirt kicking animation "bug" that got buried and now everyone forgot about and some doesn't even know about xD

Thank you! have a good day.

Please don't do this. Sure, there's some imbalance when it comes to WvW population, however I enjoy seeing the same people every day. It gives a sense of community. I don't want to start seeing randoms that I'll never see again. I like where the server system is; the only thing I could think of changing is balancing out the stats similar to PvP. Or, alternatively, make it where gear matters yet even a level 10 has access to all abilities similar to PvP. As WvW is an endgame piece of the game, I think gear should be something to shoot for.

I see that there is quite a bit of negativity in these forums and some in the subreddit, but for me, as a long term albeit inconsistent WvW player, I, for one, am glad for these updates. The devs should be able to take their time to develop this system because this system will be very advantageous for WvW population down the road. People should stop jumping down the devs throat just because they want to see changes now. They need to make sure they get it right before they release it to the public. And look at the bright side, at least you aren't paying a sub fee for even less communication and fewer updates from the devs, like a certain other game.

@Defias.1892 said:People should stop jumping down the devs throat just because they want to see changes now. They need to make sure they get it right before they release it to the public.

I don't really know if people are upset because 'they want to see changes now.' I think a lot of the salt is because they want to see change at all. I feel it is pretty safe to say that of the 3 gamemodes, WvW gets the least care by far. If you look at all 3 gamemodes, WvW definitely draws the short end of the stick. If you compare WvW to PvP you will definitely see a major difference. PvP has much better rewards and incentive than WvW. It literally has automated tournaments. I don't think I even need to compare it to PvE (which is fair because PvE should be a much larger focus); but WvW is literally to the point where it costs me more gold to play it than I make from doing it. WvW is at such a low point right now and it is very frustrating to see things like Dog Whistles and gemstore lounges when WvW gets next to nothing. WvW is so bad right now that there literally isn't even any incentive to winning a matchup. As far as this update goes, it is appreciated and it is also better than no update; but you have to understand why WvW players would be upset to see an update that doesn't actually update anything. It probably would have been better to not even announce that the alliance system was coming out until it was at a closer point to being released. I am worried that by the time it is finished (if it is finished) that it will be far too late. But I obviously don't speak for everyone. shrug

@Omnistride.4286 said:Please don't do this. Sure, there's some imbalance when it comes to WvW population, however I enjoy seeing the same people every day. It gives a sense of community. I don't want to start seeing randoms that I'll never see again. I like where the server system is; the only thing I could think of changing is balancing out the stats similar to PvP. Or, alternatively, make it where gear matters yet even a level 10 has access to all abilities similar to PvP. As WvW is an endgame piece of the game, I think gear should be something to shoot for.

You'll still see the same people for the most part. If you're not in a guild you might get assigned to a certain group, but it wouldn't be any different than having a new link every 8 weeks, where you may go somewhere else.

@Nebilim.5127 said:

That's the point, there isn't, but there is an unofficial. And with this update, we won't have none i'm guessing.

In PvE servers don't exist anymore anyway, it is all one mega server with sharding. Or do you mean RPing in WvW? then you can join a RP alliance.

It does exist, shards attempt to pair people while picking them from the same server first, then they add more to fill the rest through the megaserver system when they can't. With servers fumbling and changing, this won't happen anymore. Yes megaservers killed this a bit, but it is still there.

I can see roleplay all the time in divinity reach since i'm from Tarnished coast. If you aren't there, then try going to DR and check yourself so you can see any or not.

This is a change to WvW; it has nothing to do with PvE. It will have no impact on how roleplaying works now in PvE. It will arguably be easier to roleplay in WvW, because all you'd need to do is belong to the same guild, whereas currently you'd have to be part of the same world which might or might not be locked.

@misterman.1530 said:Sorry...maybe someone already asked this...not sure: If I am in one guild, can I be put into a team that includes none, or very few, of my guild mates?

If you do not select your guild as a ‘WvW guild’ it would appear that the probablility is high you would be placed elsewhere.

Also, if there are players you enjoy running with, selecting them as your WvW guild (or maybe forming a small guild group to choose as your WvW guild) would ensure you go with those you DO enjoy playing WvW with.

@knite.1542 said:

@Defias.1892 said:People should stop jumping down the devs throat just because they want to see changes now. They need to make sure they get it right before they release it to the public.

I don't really know if people are upset because 'they want to see changes now.' I think a lot of the salt is because they want to see change at all. I feel it is pretty safe to say that of the 3 gamemodes, WvW gets the least care by far. If you look at all 3 gamemodes, WvW definitely draws the short end of the stick. If you compare WvW to PvP you will definitely see a major difference. PvP has much better rewards and incentive than WvW. It literally has automated tournaments. I don't think I even need to compare it to PvE (which is fair because PvE should be a much larger focus); but WvW is literally to the point where it costs me more gold to play it than I make from doing it. WvW is at such a low point right now and it is very frustrating to see things like Dog Whistles and gemstore lounges when WvW gets next to nothing. WvW is so bad right now that there literally isn't even any incentive to winning a matchup. As far as this update goes, it is appreciated and it is also better than no update; but you have to understand why WvW players would be upset to see an update that doesn't actually update anything. It probably would have been better to not even announce that the alliance system was coming out until it was at a closer point to being released. I am worried that by the time it is finished (if it is finished) that it will be far too late. But I obviously don't speak for everyone.
shrug

PvP is also a hell of lot less complex then WvW though. We are talking about 5vs5 on a simple conquest map.