Trouble accessing Living world Season 4 Episode 1 (Solved)

I bought the path of fire dlc and I have finished living world season 3. Episode 1 of season 4 "Daybreak" is locked and it says i must purchase for 200 gems however episode 2 is unlocked, my friends who have bought dlc have not experienced this and are able to play the first episode and access the Isle of Istan. Can anyone help explain why this is the case and if it can be resolved.

Living World works like this: When an Episode is released, all players unlock it for their account by logging in during that release period (which is anywhere between around 2 months to 4 months). If a player doesn't log on during that time, then they have to unlock the Episode by buying it from the gem store. So, it sounds like you weren't playing when Season 4 Episode 1 was released, which means you have to pay for that one.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought it for 672 gems under a 44% discount. But when I start the story I could just see one green start with no waypoint whatsoever. I have no way getting into that area, the swim was taken back ashore 'A strong current blows you back'. I have no idea how do I begin LWS4, as this is unexpected. Help please.

@"medivh.4725" I see you reply in 2 different topics and am not entirely sure if you mean the first Path of Fire mission or the Living World season 4 episode 1.

First of all start the story so you get the green star or swirl or a green text on your screen for story.

For Path of Fire (Sparking the Flame), you get an email in game. Read this email and then go to Ellen Kiel's office in Lions Arch. After the first story instance she will send you towards a ship in south Lion's Arch. When you take that ship via a story instance (the green thing you enter) you will be sent via a loading screen to Crystal Oasis. Complete the instance to unlock the waypoint in Amnoon in Crystal Oasis (and get the rapter).

If it is the Living World Season 4, episode 1 "Daybreak" (for Istan map). Start the story for Daybreak, "Eye of The Brandstorm". The green text will tell you to go to Amnoon Outskirts and there you hop in the green thing that will enter you in a story instance. If you follow the story a while both inside as outside story instances you will end up at a ship you have to take which will send you to Istan.

You can never swim over water to other continents and islands unless they are on the same map.

I hope this is what you mean and helps you out.

• 1 year later...
54 minutes ago, DaX.5829 said:

i'm trying to start the daybreak quest (living world season 4) but it tells me i have to buy it, even though i bought path of fire previously. Can you help me please?? it has no sense 

Purchasing Path of Fire does not automatically unlock any Living World Seasons/Episodes.  You will have to unlock those with Gems (you can acquire Gems with cash or with the Gold-to-Gems feature).